Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Platinum WeWork benefit to 12.31.2020.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by Gig103
Gogo and Boingo are also disappearing.
No more Gogo or Boingo on Biz Plat - Jan 1, 2020

I guess Amex figures their core customers don't care about the value of the card since it's a business expense (they charge more for additional cardholders too). I know many people on FT like it for the 35% rebate on points, but that is a tough break-even versus the personal platinum in 2020. And with the PRG updated earning, maybe Amex is trying to save costs on that particular redemption path?
Yeah, these are significant cuts in benefits that make the card a net loss for me, but if we were spending a lot more on big ticket items (>$5000) it might make sense. In fact that might be a possibility in the future, if that happens maybe I'll keep it.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 6:56 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Gig103
....many people on FT like it for the 35% rebate on points,...
Note that Business Gold offers a 25% rebate.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...gold-25-a.html
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by mia
Note that Business Gold offers a 25% rebate.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...gold-25-a.html
I was not aware of that, cool, thanks mia.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:51 pm

Are there any links still around that include the WeWork benefit?
Old Dec 23, 2019, 12:21 am

Wow, turns out AMEX will extend WeWork benefit through December 31, 2020! Kinda sucks for me though as I was holding out on activating it so I didn't maximize the full "2 years" of benefit offered. Hindsight is 20/20. 😏 (via DofC)
levilevi likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by nmock
Wow, turns out AMEX will extend WeWork benefit through December 31, 2020! Kinda sucks for me though as I was holding out on activating it so I didn't maximize the full "2 years" of benefit offered. Hindsight is 20/20. 😏 (via DofC)
This is GREAT news! Of course, it’s rather clever as it now means I’ll be keeping this card after the AF hits for at least one more year... but this benefit has been a massive savings for me and my company. Even four months more makes up for the AF for me, as I use this benefit a ton.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 7:35 am

Yep , was very happy... I had just signed up for a second Biz Plat - not for the sole reason of starting the WeWork benefit through that to get another year out of it (really 10 months after my original would have expired in Feb), but now I dont have to redo everything/hoops, etc.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by nmock
Wow, turns out AMEX will extend WeWork benefit through December 31, 2020! Kinda sucks for me though as I was holding out on activating it so I didn't maximize the full "2 years" of benefit offered. Hindsight is 20/20. �� (via DofC)
Same - held out on it and planned to activate it today. Turns out we could have activated it earlier this year and still would have been enrolled through the entirety of next year!

The question mark still exists as to whether or not WW will be around until then...
Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:57 pm

I activated my WeWork benefit on Dec 23rd and got an welcome response, but not an email about creating the actual account yet. Did anybody sign up recently receive it yet? I worry that with WeWork cutbacks, I won't be able to activate any time soon.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 12:20 pm

Wondering if anybody has any data points on whether wework will eventually cancel memberships if the underlying amex card is closed? From early 2019 it seemed as though folks retained access. Any of you have any further updates?

It's late, but I can say that I know of someone who used the benefit for a person of a different name than on the plat card. Granted, the two shared a last name, and this is perhaps a moot point if they don't bring back the enrollment, but data nonetheless.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by TraveltheWorld
I activated my WeWork benefit on Dec 23rd and got an welcome response, but not an email about creating the actual account yet. Did anybody sign up recently receive it yet? I worry that with WeWork cutbacks, I won't be able to activate any time soon.
I got activated within a day or two of registering with the link, around the same time of year as you, it seemed pretty automated, and was quick. Hopefully you've been activated by now?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
I’m the same. I filled in the form on 12/23 and like the poster above, have not received anything from WeWork yet.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:23 am

Weird...double check your spam folder? Mine got categorized by Google into a subfolder, not spam, but this seems to be an unreasonably long time compared to the 3 days they advise when one signs up
Old Jan 8, 2020, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by jnagar
Wondering if anybody has any data points on whether wework will eventually cancel memberships if the underlying amex card is closed? From early 2019 it seemed as though folks retained access. Any of you have any further updates?

It's late, but I can say that I know of someone who used the benefit for a person of a different name than on the plat card. Granted, the two shared a last name, and this is perhaps a moot point if they don't bring back the enrollment, but data nonetheless.
Cancelled my Business Plat early last year. My WeWork membership is still active.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:06 pm
FT

Originally Posted by TraveltheWorld
Same boat as you. I signed up on 12/27 and received the "Your Enrollment is Almost Complete" email, but nothing since. Just emailed them for an update.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.