Help needed - Bluebird Cash Reload Dispute

Old Jan 14, 19, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA CO
Help needed - Bluebird Cash Reload Dispute

Hi everyone,

I am sharing my experience and seeking help here regarding my bluebird cash reload at Walgreens.

I forgot that my bluebird was shutdown in Jan 2016 and lost the ability to add money. On Dec 3, I went to Walgreens and loaded $1000 cash to my bluebird card, two transactions, $500 each. The transactions went through but the money never showed up on my account.

I called and filed a dispute. I uploaded the Walgreens cash reload receipts as I was told. Several days later I got an email saying my dispute has been declined and no credit is due on my account, and the investigation is closed.

I called again, the agents from the dispute team were not helpful. They keep saying they could not verified my claim and that's it. They asked me to contact Walgreens, and I did. The Walgreens says, "take a look at the back of receipt", which says "Keep your receipt as proof of your reload. Check with your card provider for your updated account balance. Stores cannot provide refunds or exchanges".

There’s something I forgot to mention. I did receive a replacement card (and I activated the new card) about 6-8 months ago and that’s the one I used on Dec 3 at Walgreens. I believe the old card (the original card) has expired.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by weifans; Jan 15, 19 at 5:43 pm
Old Jan 14, 19, 4:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What was the reason given for denying your dispute? There has to be more than just "denied". The more exact your language, the better.
Old Jan 14, 19, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
What was the reason given for denying your dispute? There has to be more than just "denied". The more exact your language, the better.
Thanks.
"Based on the information available to us we are unable to verify your claim and have closed our investigation." I did try to ask about the reason, but the agent was not able to provide further information as to how they conducted the investigation.
P.S. I took a picture of both receipts and the picture is clear.
Old Jan 15, 19, 9:52 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
It's possible the money was credited to the closed Bluebird account, just like often happens when a credit card is closed and then a refund posts. This is likely between you and Bluebird, not you and Walgreens.
Old Jan 15, 19, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

I did not close the account when I zeroed out the balance. I still have access to my account on Bluebird.com.

Thereís something I forgot to mention. I did receive a replacement card (and I activated the new card) about 6-8 months ago and thatís the one I used on Dec 3 at Walgreens. I believe the old card (the original card) has expired.
Old Jan 15, 19, 3:57 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by weifans View Post
.... Dec 3, I went to Walgreens and loaded $1000 cash to my bluebird card, two transactions, $500 each. ....
You used an American Express card to pay Walgreens?
Old Jan 15, 19, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia View Post
You used an American Express card to pay Walgreens?
No, I loaded CASH to my bluebird card at Walgreens.
Old Jan 15, 19, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
You forgot your account was shut down? And you loaded cash in 2 separate $500 transactions?

Last edited by javabytes; Jan 15, 19 at 10:02 pm
Old Jan 16, 19, 12:07 am

I have a feeling that we are missing a few details from OP, but it seems like OP thought his Bluebird account had gone through the Lazarus Pit when he reached out to Amex to get a replacement card, but that was in fact not the case and his ability to add funds to the account was still gone. Walgreens did in fact transfer the money, but there was nothing at the other end capable of receiving it. Walgreens did their part and have now washed their hands in accordance to their terms for these transactions. Amex now looks at OP's Bluebird account and sees that nothing came in and in fact it's not possible to load money into that account so case closed as far as they are concerned. OP's money is in Bluebird limbo at this point. Outside of just "keep trying your case with Amex," OP would perhaps be better served by looking at the Bluebird thread under MS and perhaps even sharing his case there as he'll probably get better feedback from people that have specific experience with Bluebird.
Old Jan 16, 19, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot. Will do.

Originally Posted by halamadrid View Post
I have a feeling that we are missing a few details from OP, but it seems like OP thought his Bluebird account had gone through the Lazarus Pit when he reached out to Amex to get a replacement card, but that was in fact not the case and his ability to add funds to the account was still gone. Walgreens did in fact transfer the money, but there was nothing at the other end capable of receiving it. Walgreens did their part and have now washed their hands in accordance to their terms for these transactions. Amex now looks at OP's Bluebird account and sees that nothing came in and in fact it's not possible to load money into that account so case closed as far as they are concerned. OP's money is in Bluebird limbo at this point. Outside of just "keep trying your case with Amex," OP would perhaps be better served by looking at the Bluebird thread under MS and perhaps even sharing his case there as he'll probably get better feedback from people that have specific experience with Bluebird.
Old Jan 16, 19, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Unfortunately, yes. I needed to use bluebird to transfer money to my new checking account (which is reportedly counted as direct deposit), if that helps.

Originally Posted by javabytes View Post
You forgot your account was shut down? And you loaded cash in 2 separate $500 transactions?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: