Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

American Express (USA) refreshed Green Card (October 2019).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Express (USA) refreshed Green Card (October 2019).

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
AMEX has tarnished their reputation so bad over the last 20 years, only the misinformed would think it's an icon.
That may well be your opinion, but it's an icon around the wold over.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
That may well be your opinion, but it's an icon around the wold over.
Based on?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
Based on?
Never mind.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
It's been a couple months now and nothing right? Looking to see if I should pick this up now while its free first year and 95 next year in case there is a refresh coming soon
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by miadukes
It's been a couple months now and nothing right? Looking to see if I should pick this up now while its free first year and 95 next year in case there is a refresh coming soon
June/July is the latest estimate.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/rumor...treaming-more/
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Thanks, I guess bases on prior rumors from amex, they've all been pretty true. I might pick this up then for the gas and hopefully amazon, worst case I cancel after the first year.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 9:53 am
formerly willbbiddy

Originally Posted by miadukes
Thanks, I guess bases on prior rumors from amex, they've all been pretty true. I might pick this up then for the gas and hopefully amazon, worst case I cancel after the first year.
At 25k MR points via incognito for 1k spend it's worth getting for the first year, and the the next year you can look for retention or upgrade offers that circumvent the lifetime bonus rule.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
There would be no reason to not get this card if it does include Amazon Prime, and you use Amazon, but you have to believe if it does include Amazon Prime, the AF will certainly be increased from the current $95, probably to $120 or $150
Old May 2, 2019, 2:40 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
I would say the Green card is one of the most recognizable icons out there. I doubt Amex will ever get rid of it. Even Warren Buffett carries it!
As a holder of a higher-level Amex, can I request a green card instead of the card I am supposed to have? I would prefer to have that than the showy metal one, but keeping the benefits and programs of the card I actually have.
Old May 2, 2019, 6:34 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
As a holder of a higher-level Amex, can I request a green card instead of the card I am supposed to have?....
In which country is your card issued, and which card do you hold?
Old May 2, 2019, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by mia
In which country is your card issued, and which card do you hold?
Thanks. This would be for a US issued Platinum (I have UK also, but don't carry it around). I know the Platinum card is nothing special, but enough people ask about it that I would like something more low-key.

Centurion cardholders used to be able to get a lower-level card issued, but in appearance only, as it was still their Centurion in everything but appearance. I was wondering if this option is available to Platinum cardholders, and if it would include Green.

Alternatively, I suppose I could apply for a Green card in addition to my Platinum, but I don't know if that makes things unnecessarily complicated…
Old May 2, 2019, 6:51 am
mia

USA personal Platinum accounts include free supplementary Gold cards. You could request one of those in your own name to use for retail purchases, but for benefits like lounge access you would still need the Platinum card.
Old May 2, 2019, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by mia
USA personal Platinum accounts include free supplementary Gold cards. You could request one of those in your own name to use for retail purchases, but for benefits like lounge access you would still need the Platinum card.
If you're referring to the Delta Skyclubs, if your Platinum Amex is in your Delta wallet you're not asked to show the physical card to enter the lounge, they can verify eligibility without it.
Old May 2, 2019, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Thanks. I wonder if a Green is possible as well. I don't mind carrying the Platinum in my wallet for when it's absolutely necessary, but would prefer to pull out the Green for everyday use.
Old May 2, 2019, 4:48 pm
mia

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Thanks. I wonder if a Green is possible .....
It's not a published feature, but you can ask. If you had a Business Platinum you could request a free Green employee card for yourself.
ExpatExp likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.