Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

2019 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite (except UK)?

Old May 20, 2019, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion of UK Centurion has been segregated:

Centurion Card (United Kingdom)
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

The saga continues to 2019

2018 Has anyone actually received an Centurion Card invite?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:31 pm

Still no card. Ha.

Just for the sake of getting 2019 started!
SteveT likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:11 pm

Got my personal spending on credit cards up to $100,000/year

Don't think I'll qualify sadly
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
Received my invite the other day, I've had a Plat card since it came out in Norway some years ago — did a global card transfer to Spain 2 years ago. I've since then put approx. €150-200K on the Plat card annually, from premium travel and high-end shopping to daily groceries. Initiation fee is €3000 and the annual fee is €2000, while MR earning is 1.5 per €1 instead of the normal 1:1.

Will report back on the benefits once I get the card.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Robbiedeluxe
Received my invite the other day, I've had a Plat card since it came out in Norway some years ago did a global card transfer to Spain 2 years ago. I've since then put approx. 150-200K on the Plat card annually, from premium travel and high-end shopping to daily groceries. Initiation fee is 3000 and the annual fee is 2000, while MR earning is 1.5 per 1 instead of the normal 1:1.

I assume you get no one-off loyalty referral bonus, i.e. 30,000 points, through global card transfer at Amex?
Wouldn't it be better to sign up independently in the new country? not sure what credit or past spending history gives you beside Centurion invite at best?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
Originally Posted by Gobber
I assume you get no one-off loyalty referral bonus, i.e. 30,000 points, through global card transfer at Amex?
I actually did receive the 40.000 MR Platinum sign-up bonus last year, I simply called and stated I had completed the spending requirement, so the agent raised a ticket with the back office team. Some days later, I received the points. Now, whether or not I was actually eligible for this, given that my application came via Global Card Transfer is another story...

Originally Posted by Gobber
Wouldn't it be better to sign up independently in the new country? Not sure what credit or past spending history gives you beside Centurion invite at best?
I had no credit history in Spain, so Global Card Transfer was my only option to get a Platinum card (or any card, for that matter).
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Robbiedeluxe
welcome to the club
Robbiedeluxe likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Wow the threshold has really changed

I thought my 850K a year on the BIZ PLAT plus some more on my SPG was good enough but seeing guys/gals with 10 MIL not getting the invite is like wowzers.

Really wanted it for the 1.5 MR because that would basically offset the fee. Plus i use a ton of MR for travel that gets around an actual useful 3.0. redemption rate. (via travel partners) Oh well..

Does anyone know how to get a Plum with 2% cash back, (might try going that route since the Centurion seems pointless) I saw in the 2018 thread someone was extended an offer on one?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:32 pm

Hello, I’m pretty new here and I hope this is the right place to ask this question:

I have a German Centurion Card but have been living in the US for quiet some time now. I also have a US Platinum. I would like to cancel my Centurion Card as I rarely use it anymore and the fee is astronomical. Is there any chance of leveraging a foreign Centurion to upgrade the US Platinum to one? Is it even still possible to qualify for one over here? It sounds like the threshold is through the roof now. All this is regarding the personal centurion. Maybe someone has been in the same boat here and can offer some feedback.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by Jay66
Hello, Im pretty new here and I hope this is the right place to ask this question:

I have a German Centurion Card but have been living in the US for quiet some time now. I also have a US Platinum. I would like to cancel my Centurion Card as I rarely use it anymore and the fee is astronomical. Is there any chance of leveraging a foreign Centurion to upgrade the US Platinum to one? Is it even still possible to qualify for one over here? It sounds like the threshold is through the roof now. All this is regarding the personal centurion. Maybe someone has been in the same boat here and can offer some feedback.
You cannot transfer a foreign Centurion to a USA Centurion. The other way works though (USA Centurion to foreign Centurion through global transfer).
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:12 am

Thanks for the input. I guess another Idea is to try and qualify on my own - but I don’t really charge more than 200k/year to my cards so I don’t think I stand a chance in the US.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by Jay66
Thanks for the input. I guess another Idea is to try and qualify on my own - but I dont really charge more than 200k/year to my cards so I dont think I stand a chance in the US.
Yes, get the Platinum Card in the US via Global Transfers and target spending >$500k/year with presumably the same mix you had in your home market.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by theboss7593
I thought my 850K a year on the BIZ PLAT plus some more on my SPG was good enough but seeing guys/gals with 10 MIL not getting the invite is like wowzers.

Really wanted it for the 1.5 MR because that would basically offset the fee. Plus i use a ton of MR for travel that gets around an actual useful 3.0. redemption rate. (via travel partners) Oh well..

Does anyone know how to get a Plum with 2% cash back, (might try going that route since the Centurion seems pointless) I saw in the 2018 thread someone was extended an offer on one?
I got the 2% plum offered last year and took it. That was offered up in lieu of the cent invitation from my rep. I phoned my rep last week and was basically shrugged off on my cent invite. 10M in aggregate spend across biz cards in 2018 and close to 300k on personal. no invite. Not playing games with them anymore, just going to start dramatically reducing spend with them. Will most likely recoup 5 figures a month just in processing fees from certain vendors. spend on Travel/Restaurant/Luxury exceeded 500k.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:55 am

So...is your rep designated as a manager of business development? The way I understand it is that if you have $10mil spend, you're automatically qualified. At $5 mil, they'll consider giving you one. If you aren't using a biz developer and just using your dedicated relationship manager, they may not have the same pull.

I don't have one and I haven't been invited, but this is what I've been told.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Music
So...is your rep designated as a manager of business development? The way I understand it is that if you have $10mil spend, you're automatically qualified. At $5 mil, they'll consider giving you one. If you aren't using a biz developer and just using your dedicated relationship manager, they may not have the same pull.

I don't have one and I haven't been invited, but this is what I've been told.
yes its specifically a biz dev rep from the OPEN department. I may be jumping the gun here because they have not gotten back to me yet, we will see as January comes to a close. I was told similar about the 5 and 10M marks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.