Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

2019 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite (except UK)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 20, 2019, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion of UK Centurion has been segregated:

Centurion Card (United Kingdom)
Print Wikipost

2019 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite (except UK)?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2019, 7:08 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
There are two paths to IDC/ICC cards: directly with American Express, and through banks. The IDC/ICC Green, Gold and Platinum features are published and one can easily compare with their counterparts issued in other countries. They do not generally compare favorably with USA-issued cards, except in Insurance coverage.

Note that all of these cards, including IDC/ICC Centurion, assess foreign transaction fees, offsetting the value of rewards when spending outside the card's native currency.

We have some discussion of the Centurion cards, but not much that is recent:
Attached Images  
Old Dec 15, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/LTT AA PLT
Originally Posted by sophialite
I sometimes wonder if requesting an invitation works against you. The operator then notes that you’re a chump and willing to do basically anything for the card, so they drop just enough Hope to motivate you to charge more or divert more spend to your platinum card...
I worried the same. I guess there is no evidence request for an invitation actually ended up with one?
Old Dec 16, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by impinth06
I worried the same. I guess there is no evidence request for an invitation actually ended up with one?
Exactly. I haven't seen anything.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by sophialite
Exactly. I haven't seen anything.
Granted it was a decade or so ago, but I had called to enquire and my interest was noted..... I never got the sense it worked against me. May be different now.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 4:32 pm

I've been requesting once a year for the last 7 years.

Maybe I am a chump.

Looking forward to the 2020 Flyertak thread.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by GrnLantern
I've been requesting once a year for the last 7 years.

Maybe I am a chump.

Looking forward to the 2020 Flyertak thread.

Would you mind share your approx spending annually during this time period and your rough geographical location?

I checked your post in the past years' centurion invitation threads but couldn't find a number. Sorry if I overlooked it.

I'm in Nebraska, one of the best neighborhoods, but very little ultra-high spender here in my city. And if a specific theory about being top spender in one's region is correct, then I would have a reasonable chance with $400k+ this year.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Centurion spending qualifications

I have both Amex Bonvoy Brilliant + Amex Platinum MS

I have been putting majority of the spending on the Bonvoy Brilliant card because I also am Bonvoy Titanium- and using the Platinum MS as a traveling booking card for the 5x points on flight and the $1m flight insurance.
Do they only look at platinum card spending or is it a combined value of personal cards?
I've been putting on ~$80-100k/month on the cards, so it should meet min requirements, but I just want to make sure the spending is towards on the right card.

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 28, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
I think you should specify whether you are talking about personal or business Centurion. Obviously, it could be pretty different in term of "numbers". I am assuming you are referring to the personal Centurion, since you have the Platinum MS?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Gasolin
I think you should specify whether you are talking about personal or business Centurion. Obviously, it could be pretty different in term of "numbers". I am assuming you are referring to the personal Centurion, since you have the Platinum MS?
correct. Personal card for personal centurion

TIA
Old Dec 31, 2019, 9:18 pm

Happy new year to all of you. See you guys in the next year’s thread and good luck!
Old Jan 1, 2020, 1:37 am

Programs: AEROPLAN
Originally Posted by impinth06
Happy new year to all of you. See you guys in the next year’s thread and good luck!
Happy new year!

here you go: 2020 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.