Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Newbie Here :) SFO -> CDG MR Reward Flight Redemption

Newbie Here :) SFO -> CDG MR Reward Flight Redemption

Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Question Newbie Here :) SFO -> CDG MR Reward Flight Redemption

I have 60,000 MR points and would love to get two economy tickets from SFO to CDG at the end of May 2019.
I've been checking on AwardHacker and The lowest I have seen is 50k Roundtrip.
A few years ago we got 30K each SFO to FCO using Ultimate Rewards, would love to find 30K RT

Thanks and sorry for being a such a newb, I really want to learn more about this and teach my friends too

Last edited by stevebay22; Dec 11, 2018 at 12:47 pm
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Welcome to FT.

When you redeemed the Chase UR points a few years ago did you do a direct redemption with Chase to purchase tickets or did you transfer them to an airline program?

I don't believe that 30k points in any program will get you a return trip between SFO & CDG.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

I used the Chase Portal to redeem, ok thanks for the perspective. Haven't done this much, don't know what a good deal really should be.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Amex does offer the same kind of option to purchase via their travel program...though Chase UR cards have a bonus that makes them ore value than a MR via this kind of transaction.

Originally Posted by stevebay22
I used the Chase Portal to redeem, ok thanks for the perspective. Haven't done this much, don't know what a good deal really should be.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk @stevebay22.

Please follow the redirect as we send this to the AMEX MR forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.