Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA Business Platinum 2019 feature refresh + fee Increase ($595)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Received today via email:

In 2019, look for updates from us about new business and travel solutions to help you stay ahead. Coming soon, your Business Platinum Card Membership will include:

Access to more spaces that make it convenient to work around the world

One year of complimentary Platinum Global Access from WeWork, a network of premium workspaces around the world. With Platinum Global Access, enjoy over 300 workspaces in 75+ cities and 20+ countries, valued at $2,700. You’ll receive more information in February 2019 about the offer and how to enroll.

New Centurion® Lounge locations in New York JFK, Los Angeles, and Denver airports, and the expansion of The Centurion Lounge in Miami.

More value for your business and travel purchases

Up to $200 in statement credits annually for U.S. purchases with Dell on your Business Platinum Card. You’ll receive more information about how to enroll in the new Shop Dell with Business Platinum benefit in February 2019.

$100 hotel credit on qualifying charges at hundreds of properties in The Hotel Collection (increased from $75) for new reservations made after January 1, 2019 when you book through Amex Travel.

New ways to earn and use your points

Get 5X Membership Rewards® points or use Pay With Points on prepaid bookings on amextravel.com at select prepaid Fine Hotels & Resorts® properties.

Along with these changes, the annual membership fee for Business Platinum will be $595. This fee increase will not take effect until your next membership renewal date on or after your

February 2019 billing cycle. We will send you a separate notice with additional information about this change to your annual membership fee.

You can expect to see more information throughout 2019 about when new benefits and features will launch. We look forward to offering you even more Card benefits and offers that put your life and business first.

Thank you for your valued Card Membership.
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
You forgot "sleek metal design".

"Overall, this is a terrible change for most people as the WeWork benefit only helps someone who can make use of that, and Dell benefit will probably be just marginally valuable for most people, while the $145 fee increase is large and real for everyone. Additionally, it sounds like the WeWork benefit is a one-year thing, as noted."

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ameri...efit-and-more/
dhuey likes this.

Last edited by Diplomatico; Dec 3, 2018 at 8:58 am
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:04 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Regus was way better option. They removed that a few years ago.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
You forgot "sleek metal design".

"Overall, this is a terrible change for most people as the WeWork benefit only helps someone who can make use of that, and Dell benefit will probably be just marginally valuable for most people, while the $145 fee increase is large and real for everyone. Additionally, it sounds like the WeWork benefit is a one-year thing, as noted."

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ameri...efit-and-more/
I'll miss the centurion lounges, but I will be canceling.
Robl and roundtree like this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah - this seems like a deal-breaker for me too. I was keeping it for the better redemption of MR, but I'll just focus on burning those down before my renewal.
roundtree likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Glad I never made the switch from the personal to the business Plat.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:31 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
I'll miss the centurion lounges, but I will be canceling.
I guess they finally found a way to solve the lounge overcrowded issue.

I’m still keeping my card because the extra fedex discount still pays for it. The other benefits are just tasty gravy.
cruisr, ChrisFlyer66 and roundtree like this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: Motel 6, LLO Titanium
Suks

I wish they would just do what they do better.....
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:07 pm

Mine still will be $450 as I have a January renewal date. But, then, it's gone.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by QtownDave
I guess they finally found a way to solve the lounge overcrowded issue.

I’m still keeping my card because the extra fedex discount still pays for it. The other benefits are just tasty gravy.
What Fedex discount is that ? Didn't see one listed in card benefits.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:52 pm

Hmm wonder if its worth getting in January before the AF change and try to get the 100K MR for $10k spend in 5 months...guess $10k wouldn't be that hard with putting rent on it...hmmm
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by forumpersona999
What Fedex discount is that ? Didn't see one listed in card benefits.
If you pay your FedEx bill with Amex they give an 5% rebate, up to $1500 a year (I think).
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by QtownDave
If you pay your FedEx bill with Amex they give an 5% rebate, up to $1500 a year (I think).
there are limited time Fedex offers that can be synced to any Amex business card but the 5% rebate program through amex open ended this summer. You might check a recent statement to verify the rebate.
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:55 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
Agree- refresh is a joke. They should extend the 5x points on all booked airfare (not just AMEX travel) and Uber credit. The workspace membership is a sad attempt at window dressing and justifying an AF bump...
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can't really figure out Amex's motivation here. Are they really trying to increase annual fee revenue? Or thin the ranks?

They pretty clearly aren't making the card more attractive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.