Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Plat 1st class airline ticket benefit?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Amex Plat 1st class airline ticket benefit?

I seem to remember my platinum card having some sort of benefit where you get a free 1st class ticket on any airline if you purchase one at full fare, or something similar to this. But I can't find the details on the Amex site. Can anyone point it out for me?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:28 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I believe it is business class on selected airlines but the consensus is that the benefit was not worth much as 2 business class tickets can often be had for the price of one full fare. They now offer an AmEx International Business Class discount program....which can save you money.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: AS 100K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by david55
I believe it is business class on selected airlines but the consensus is that the benefit was not worth much as 2 business class tickets can often be had for the price of one full fare. They now offer an AmEx International Business Class discount program....which can save you money.
They've changed the program somewhat - it's no longer 2-for-1, but is now a discount on all premium fares on certain carriers. Much more usable, though unfortunately you have to call to get the deal. So far consensus has been that you get 11-12% off best available rate on premium bookings using it.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
It is the "International Airline Program". PE, Business, and First seats at a discount for 1-8 tickets (cardholder must be traveling). There are restrictions like the itinerary must originate and end in the USA. We have a sticky/wiki about it:

USA International Airline Program (IAP) relaunched as discount benefit (2017).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.