Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge CLT (Opened 24 February 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2021, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
By the way, there ARE steps!!!
Indeed there are!

Until today I referred to these as "the steps that only go down" because I didn't know where to enter to take them up (but I recall seeing the staircase obviously visible once upstairs).

But today not only was the downstairs door open, they also had a little metal sign in front of it making it a little less hidden-in-plain-sight.

Picture:

KenTarmac and cmd320 like this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Indeed there are!

Until today I referred to these as "the steps that only go down" because I didn't know where to enter to take them up (but I recall seeing the staircase obviously visible once upstairs).

But today not only was the downstairs door open, they also had a little metal sign in front of it making it a little less hidden-in-plain-sight.
Well this is very useful. I often prefer stairs to waiting for/cramming in a slow elevator.
platbrownguy and KenTarmac like this.

Last edited by mia; Feb 27, 2021 at 8:43 pm
Old Mar 3, 2021, 5:50 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stopped in yesterday from 5:20 to 6 PM and used the steps for my first time.

Menu. At 6 PM they made an announcement they were switching to cold food only. A little annoying they do that an hour before closing. I'll remember that for future dinner choices.
KenTarmac, cmd320 and cuthroat like this.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
Stopped in yesterday from 5:20 to 6 PM and used the steps for my first time.

Menu. At 6 PM they made an announcement they were switching to cold food only. A little annoying they do that an hour before closing. I'll remember that for future dinner choices.
Thats a new menu since I was last there in January.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Wanted to share my breakfast experience at this lounge. This is the first Centurion I have had both breakfast and lunch and I must say this is a well rounded lounge with food. Breakfast was a home run and the grits were the star of the show for me. Also had the twice baked potatoes with the mushroom and gruyere quiche. Like the poster above I did notice a new menu as well for lunch.

KenTarmac likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 9:37 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Have they expanded their hours yet, or are they still closing an hour earlier than their posted closing time?
Old Mar 22, 2021, 2:26 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by KenTarmac
Have they expanded their hours yet, or are they still closing an hour earlier than their posted closing time?
Think it’s been 700-1900 for a little while now. As for when they will go until 2230 your guess is as good as mine.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 5:33 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Think it’s been 700-1900 for a little while now. As for when they will go until 2230 your guess is as good as mine.

I'd like to see them open for Breakfast at 6 as it's nice to grab a bite to eat and relax a bit before an 8 AM flight that boards at 7:30. As it is now, 7 to 7:30 doesn't leave much time to eat and make my way back to the A concourse.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by KenTarmac
I'd like to see them open for Breakfast at 6 as it's nice to grab a bite to eat and relax a bit before an 8 AM flight that boards at 7:30. As it is now, 7 to 7:30 doesn't leave much time to eat and make my way back to the A concourse.
At that point it becomes grab and go lol.
KenTarmac likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 7:57 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
This is a nice space, very hard to find though as others have alluded to.

The Kitty Hawk cocktail is damn tasty, same with the Jerk Carrots, Chicken Thigh dish not for me though.

That's the end of the Admirals Club for me in CLT anyway outside of this place being too crowded.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
This is a nice space, very hard to find though as others have alluded to.

The Kitty Hawk cocktail is damn tasty, same with the Jerk Carrots, Chicken Thigh dish not for me though.

That's the end of the Admirals Club for me in CLT anyway outside of this place being too crowded.
I always hated the CLT Admirals Clubs. The Centurion Lounge is a welcome addition to CLT which otherwise had terrible dining options and terrible lounges.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I wish this lounge would ditch those tiny, noisy pots in favor of real plates like DFW or MIA. The trays make it hard to get more than a few options and the sound of scraping pots is kind of annoying. Still, grateful to have something over nothing. I prefer the Admirals Club coffee to Centurion although wine is another story
safari ari likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 7:11 pm

Stopped in for breakfast again this morning the place is really starting to fill up in the morning. Got there about 7:15 and even though they open at seven they don’t put the hot food out until 7:30. Seemed to me that the grits portion was smaller this morning than usual, they also seem to be saltier. The scrambled eggs are reconstituted powdered eggs, just like you’d get at a Hampton Inn hotel. I thought the food was supposed to be better than this, it wouldn’t be too hard to scramble some fresh eggs in small batches and scoop them into those little pots. I thought they were supposed to have some world-class chef taking care of the food there. Gordon Ramsay would be appalled!
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 3:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Brandinho1

Sigh, I have two connecting flights at CLT after 8PM
Old Apr 20, 2021, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AAdamE
Sigh, I have two connecting flights at CLT after 8PM
Deeply unfortunate.
Duke787 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.