Amex BUSINESS Gold relaunch Nov 2018 (USA)

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 14, 19, 1:16 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: buylowsellhigh
Wiki Link
AMEX Business Gold (rebranded):
  • $295 annual fee, not waived first year
  • Card will earn 4x points on the two categories your business spends the most each billing cycle, from the following list (up to $150,000 in combined purchases each calendar year):
    • Airfare purchased directly from airlines
    • U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
    • U.S. purchases at gas stations
    • U.S. purchases for shipping
    • U.S. purchases at restaurants (new)
    • U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers
  • 25% points back after you book a flight with pay with points
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ameri...g-for-flights/

Public Offer (weak): Get up to 1 year free of G Suite Basic for 3 users and up to 1 year of ZipRecruiter Standard
Referral Offer: Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 within 3 months (no link, use referral thread)

Confirmed 4x Vendors:
  • Amazon Product Ads (4/14/2019)
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 7, 18, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Bombay Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Amex BUSINESS Gold relaunch Nov 2018 (USA)

From Doctor of Credit:
  • $295 annual fee, not waived first year
  • Card will earn 4x points on the two categories your business spends the most each billing cycle, from the following list (up to $150,000 in combined purchases each calendar year):
    • U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers
  • 25% points back after you book a flight with pay with points
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ameri...g-for-flights/
Old Nov 7, 18, 6:37 pm

Assuming the legacy No-First-Year-AF card is done tomorrow as many are assuming, I jumped on the 50K MR for $5k/spend (the 75KMR for $10K didn't seem worth it to me)
Old Nov 8, 18, 5:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH GLD (thanks Citi), former DL silver
Looks like the new card is live.
Old Nov 8, 18, 7:12 am
Suspended
Hyatt 5+ BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Chopping block when the AF is due. AmEx has the dangerous trend to keep increasing AFs. The PRG was on the chopping block before the changes. But not this BRG. There is no airline benefit and other solid $$ benefits.

The BBP and SimplyCash+ have no AFs and offer excellent business benefits.
Old Nov 8, 18, 8:00 am

Right now it appears they're treating the Business Gold as a new card. My BGR is not upgraded.
Old Nov 8, 18, 10:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AlertPenguin View Post
Right now it appears they're treating the Business Gold as a new card. My BGR is not upgraded.
It is a matter of time. Those two cards are almost identical. I do not want more metal cards and higher AF.
Drewm33 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 18, 12:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
No sign-on bonus and no Airline Fee reimbursement .... while 4x on airlines/... is nice it doesn't offset the AF > not interested at all
Drewm33 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 18, 1:01 pm

So, Im looking to upgrade to this card from my standard business gold card. I have a couple questions Im hoping someone can help with......

1. Is this new card metal? (It doesn't matter but Im curious)

2. Does anyone know if there is a way to move points and company payment history into another entity's name? I have a "parent" company I created for my business that I would like to use credit cards under this name moving forward and have my points under this new account also, any idea on how to do this or am I stuck opening a new account and starting over again and just having to spend my points from the "old" account?

3. Is the G-Suite benefit the standard $10 google apps for business account where you get your own domain email for your business etc? It lists it as "basic" but Im not sure what this entails???

Thanks!
Old Nov 8, 18, 1:07 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by choff5507 View Post
.... have my points under this new account also, ....
Business cards are issued to individuals, not to companies. The points are stored in a separate Membership Rewards account, and any MR earning card you open (business or personal) should be linked to the same MR account. (Corporate cards are different from Business cards.)
Old Nov 8, 18, 1:13 pm

Yes, I know I personally guaranteed it, but it still has my company name and EIN associated with it. So are you saying that since I personally guaranteed it I can simply "move" it into the other entity's name that I have and get new cards and have my points still associated with my new cards?
Old Nov 8, 18, 1:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Get 4X Membership Rewards® points on the 2 categories where your business spent the most each billing cycle from the list below.
    (online, TV, radio)
  • U.S. purchases made directly from select
    technology providers of computer hardware,
    software, and cloud solutions
  • U.S. purchases at restaurants

Restaurants were omitted from the first post
Old Nov 8, 18, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
It is a matter of time. Those two cards are almost identical. I do not want more metal cards and higher AF.
Call me crazy, but I don't see the old card listed anymore: https://creditcard.americanexpress.com/d/business/#
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Nov 8, 18, 1:50 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
.... I don't see the old card listed anymore: ....
This tells us that it is no longer possible to apply for the previous card, unless there is an orphan application link elsewhere. It does not tell us if existing accounts will be migrated to the new product. Discontinued cards can survive for eons.
Old Nov 8, 18, 2:14 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
A few commenters on DoC so far who've reported back after asking Amex about existing cards. They're being told it's a separate product and the new card's AF would apply with the next billing cycle (prorated as applicable) if they wanted to change it.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/new-a...card-now-live/
Old Nov 8, 18, 2:24 pm
Suspended

• Airfare purchased from airlines
  • US purchases for advertising in select media
  • US purchases made directly from select technology providers of computer hardware, software, and cloud solutions
  • US purchases at gas stations
  • US purchases at restaurants
  • US purchases for shipping
For airfare, we get AmEx Plat
For gas, plenty CCs to choose
For dining, we get AmEx Gold or CSR
Then we have left advertising, technology and shipping. If you get a mid-sized business and have $50,000 to $100,000 yearly spending, then this card may be worth it. You get more than BBP or SimplyCash. If you only spend $10,000 or even less, than the AF won't pay. Also, you get G Suite and ZipRunner. Not sure how much we can use.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: