Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: buylowsellhigh
AMEX Business Gold (rebranded):
  • $295 annual fee, not waived first year
  • Card will earn 4x points on the two categories your business spends the most each billing cycle, from the following list (up to $150,000 in combined purchases each calendar year):
    • Airfare purchased directly from airlines
    • U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
    • U.S. purchases at gas stations
    • U.S. purchases for shipping
    • U.S. purchases at restaurants (new)
    • U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers
  • 25% points back after you book a flight with pay with points
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ameri...g-for-flights/

Public Offer (weak): Get up to 1 year free of G Suite Basic for 3 users and up to 1 year of ZipRecruiter Standard
Referral Offer: Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 within 3 months (no link, use referral thread)

Confirmed 4x Vendors:
  • Amazon Product Ads (4/14/2019)
Print Wikipost

Amex BUSINESS Gold relaunch Nov 2018 (USA)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:38 pm

Is there a list of merchants that codes 4X for this?

U.S. purchases made directly from select technology providers of computer hardware, software, and cloud solutions

Want to see if dropbox will earn 4X - thanks!

Edit: found answer, Dropbox isnt listed...

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/r...loud-computing
  • Apple
  • CDW
  • Dell
  • HP
  • IBM
  • Intuit
  • Lenovo
  • Microsoft
  • Newegg
  • Oracle
  • Rackspace
  • Sage Software
  • Salesforce.com
  • Symantec
  • Tiger Direct

Last edited by sgb1; Oct 7, 2019 at 4:05 pm Reason: found answer on amex
Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by ralphs
Can one be approved for the new Business Gold card while still holding the old BGR?
Did anyone figure out the answer to this question? I would like the new Gold while keeping the old BRG.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by princesakura
Did anyone figure out the answer to this question? I would like the new Gold while keeping the old BRG.
Considered to be the same card, IIRC.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 9:47 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I have the old Biz Gold Rewards card. If I close it, am I still eligible for the welcome bonus?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 11:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
anyone have a upgrade link TO the business gold?
Old May 14, 2020, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Gold Card Personal vs Business (NO GRUBHUB)

I thought my Amex Gold Business had grubhub like my sons personal gold card. I don't know if this benefit was removed or never there and I just thought they were the same. If it is true, I have no use that I can think of for a business gold card. Ideas or thoughts?
Old May 14, 2020, 2:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I thought my Amex Gold Business had grubhub like my sons personal gold card. I don't know if this benefit was removed or never there and I just thought they were the same. If it is true, I have no use that I can think of for a business gold card. Ideas or thoughts?
Never has had a delivery benefit. Only personal
Old May 18, 2020, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by Xavier110
Never has had a delivery benefit. Only personal
Yes, I have found that out. Now I wonder what good the business card is for me.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 7:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat
Can you have two of these cards? I’m well past $300k spending on shipping and internet advertising. Currently I split it between this card and the Chase Ink card that earns 3X. I have a second legitimate business entity. It’s basically just a pass thru LLC that holds the real estate but it is a “business”.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by vtgambler
Can you have two of these cards? I’m well past $300k spending on shipping and internet advertising. Currently I split it between this card and the Chase Ink card that earns 3X. I have a second legitimate business entity. It’s basically just a pass thru LLC that holds the real estate but it is a “business”.
Almost certainly, with the caveat that you won't be able to receive the sign-up bonus for additional cards.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 4:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat
Yes I wouldn’t expect another sign up bonus but I’m more concerned about getting another $150K to spend at 4X points.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vtgambler
Yes I wouldn’t expect another sign up bonus but I’m more concerned about getting another $150K to spend at 4X points.
People obtain multiple Blue Business Plus cards to circumvent the limit of $50K spend at 2X points for that card.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 8:55 pm

This is the first cycle with the new rewards refresh on my business gold card. Went to check MR earning and none of my purchases this cycle (back to Nov. 6th) show the amount of points earned when I click on the transaction. Also, they don't show up on pending if I go to "Rewards" and then "Points Summary". I see all my pending points from my personal Amex cards there, but not from my business card. Is anyone else having this same issue with their Business Gold card?
Old Mar 24, 2021, 11:36 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
I just signed up for this card, that included a $150 statement credit for shipping.

I spent $150 at the post office on Mar 16th.

When will the $150 credit post for shipping?

With my Biz PLT card the temporary $20 monthly shipping credits posted within 48hours.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 10:14 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by 355F1
I just signed up for this card, that included a $150 statement credit for shipping.

I spent $150 at the post office on Mar 16th.

When will the $150 credit post for shipping?

With my Biz PLT card the temporary $20 monthly shipping credits posted within 48hours.

Found the answer under the T&C:

​​​​​​Please allow 8-12 weeks after the eligible select U.S. advertising in select media or U.S shipping purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.