AMEX (USA) FHR Hotels not bookable online?

Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:12 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by mia
To my knowledge this problem does not affect FHR Canada, because Canadian Platinum does not include the 5 point per dollar prepaid hotel feature.
Is there a separate website to check FHR on the Canadian website? I don't mind calling in to do the actual booking if I can compare options and rates ahead of time
Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:50 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I believe Amex Canada has integrated FHR bookings into their main Amex Travel website: https://travel.americanexpress.ca

Don't think FHR availability or rates can be seen without a Canadian account:

FHR now bookable online for Canada Amex Plat

Last edited by mia; Nov 23, 2018 at 7:55 pm
Old Nov 23, 2018, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SP03
I really hope that the reason most of FHR hotels are off line is not that they rushed to introduce online booking 5x bonus causing them not to be able to show rates online.

I dont want to waste time on the phone to check rates
My bet is that it's money, money, money that is the issue. Amex probably doesn't want to pay up more; the hotels probably don't want to pay up more for the business Amex sends their way; and so FHR going offline of sorts is a form of flatulence arising from Amex's commercial indigestion problem.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:17 am

From the Canadian FHR site

Originally Posted by Kacee
No.

Online is only available for some small subset of locations (including Singapore).
Just as a data point, this is what came up for Singapore without inputing any dates.

Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Until they get the system back online, if you want to book FHR as a U.S. cardholder, I suggest using the Platinum Travel Services chat function. It's easier and more efficient than calling.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:58 pm

Hi Guys,

Did anyone have an update to this or hear anything new? Still seeing a majority of hotels not bookable online.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
it is ridiculous that Amex does not fix this. They must miss out on a lot of bookings. Would be o.k. to see the price online and then call to book ... but not seeing whether this is a $200 or $800 a night gig ... I am not wasting my time.
IndyHoosier and jbeans like this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
How do you know which properties are 3rd, 4th, 5th night free? I do not see this on the website. Have they eliminated this benefit as well?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:07 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cfabar1
How do you know which properties are 3rd, 4th, 5th night free?....
See here: https://www.americanexpressfhr.com/fhr/offers
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
AMEX is slowly adding properties to the list that can be booked online. MO NYC now available (with a book three, pay for two promo, no less), along with several other NYC properties.

Last edited by Kacee; Mar 9, 2019 at 10:57 pm
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:48 am

Wynn Las Vegas - online booking

Does anyone have any insight as to when the Wynn Las Vegas will be bookable online? Very frustrating that I need to call since I'm scouting the best rate for a certain date in 2019.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.