AmEx Hilton Honors Aspire - Sign-up Bonus

Old Oct 16, 18, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

AmEx Hilton Honors Aspire - Sign-up Bonus

Please move/close if not in the appropriate forum...

Question: is there a way to verify if a sign-up bonus applies to my new Aspire card? I could swear there was a 150,000 point bonus for $4000 spend when I applied but now that I received the card (two weeks later due to AmEx IT error, per CS rep, that transposed my address) I don't see any mention of the point bonus in the literature. I also no longer see mention of it online.

Will
Old Oct 16, 18, 9:25 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Bombay Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Log in to the website and request verification on chat that you have a sign-up bonus attached to your card or call and do the same.

IME, the sign-up bonus is rarely, if ever, stated in the boilerplate literature that accompanies credit cards.
dascc likes this.
Old Apr 22, 19, 2:01 pm

Claw back of reward

I met my minimum spend and received the HHonors bonus points. Now onto my next billing cycle, and the $450 annual fee hit. If I cancel the card to save the $450, will they deduct the points back out of my HH account?
Old Apr 22, 19, 2:14 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by cheaptom View Post
....If I cancel the card to save the $450, will they deduct the points back out of my HH account?
They may. Read the terms of the offer -and- this thread:

Amex USA terms now penalize:abuse,misuse,gaming;1st yr downgrade/close;leaked offers.

Even if they do not, you may jeopardize your ability to receive future bonuses:

Amex (USA) restricts bonus based on number of accounts opened/closed (June 2018)
Old Apr 22, 19, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by mia View Post
They may. Read the terms of the offer -and- this thread:
Yeah, thanks. I remember I saw that when I accepted, and now I'm just wondering if they're strict and proactive with that threat. I know they have the right to.
Personally, I'm going to pay the $450, as some of the benefits definitely cut into that cost. Interesting side note...for the airline spending credit, you have to pre-select one airline to use your credit with. I went to choose AA as my main airline, and the dropdown option read "American / US Airways." Welcome back to life, US Air!
Old Apr 22, 19, 3:03 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
... choose AA as my main airline....
You may wish to review 2019 posts in this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...s-aa-only.html
Old Apr 29, 19, 10:15 pm

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
I’m pondering this but am confused by the small print of the airline fee credit for $250
what must I buy to get the $250??
i only fly a few times a year on random airlines in paid F
i had hoped that the $250 was for any charge but it seems like it doesn’t include plane tickets

what would I charge besides luggage fees (don’t need) or award close-in fee (rarely need)
Old Apr 29, 19, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by gaobest View Post

what would I charge besides luggage fees (donít need) or award close-in fee (rarely need)
onboard meals if you're ever not in F, lounges/ day passes, onboard wi-fi (some airlines).
Old May 3, 19, 5:24 pm

Not exactly on-topic, but related. When I decided to get the Aspire, I did a dummy booking on Hilton to see if there was a better sign-up offer through Hilton, as other co-branded cards sometimes have available. I noticed that Ascend and the plain Hilton Honors cards had statement credits promo'd in addition to the standard sign-up bonus. However, I didn't see the same offer available for the Aspire. Has anyone ever seen a sign-up statement credit offer for the Aspire, or has anyone been able to convince Amex to give it to them since Hilton Honors and Ascend both had that offer available? Just wondering.
Old Dec 10, 19, 12:44 am

Something strange has happened with my new Hilton Aspire Amex card. The signup offer, as I recall, was 150,000 bonus points for $4,000 spend in the first three months.

In the first billing cycle, I managed to spend $3,002 including the $450 annual fee. Interestingly, they also went ahead and deposited the 150K points into my Hilton account on my statement closing date. I haven't put $4,000 in purchases on my card yet.

I assume I should still go ahead and make sure I spend another $1,448+ on my card in the next two months right? Just in case they made an error and decide to claw it back. Either way, just thought this was interesting.
Old Dec 14, 19, 8:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Silver, National Executive
Could be worse. You could have met spend under the no-AF offer and nothing posts on the account even though it shows on statement, almost as if itís under review at Amex...
Old Dec 18, 19, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by msp3 View Post
Could be worse. You could have met spend under the no-AF offer and nothing posts on the account even though it shows on statement, almost as if itís under review at Amex...
:thinking:

Really wonder about the ratio of how many people took advantage of that offer to AXP's capability to manually review these in anything approximating a reasonable amount of time
Old Dec 18, 19, 7:54 pm

I know the bonus points are one-time only. But are the free weekend night and the $250 airline spend credit renewed annually, or one time only also? Thanks !
Old Dec 18, 19, 8:14 pm

I know the bonus points are one-time only. But are the free weekend night and the $250 airline spend credit renewed annually, or one time only also? Thanks !
The airline credit renews annually on calendar year (i.e. will renew on Jan 1)
The free weekend night renews annually on anniversary year
Old Dec 29, 19, 6:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Silver, National Executive
Originally Posted by twentytwo View Post
The airline credit renews annually on calendar year (i.e. will renew on Jan 1)
The free weekend night renews annually on anniversary year
Is it only the airline charge that must post by Dec 31, or the credit has to post by Dec 31 to make it for the year? I have a charge that will post by year end, but airline credit may not and Iím worried it will eat into next years credit...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: