AmEx Hilton Honors Aspire - Sign-up Bonus

Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by msp3
Is it only the airline charge that must post by Dec 31, or the credit has to post by Dec 31 to make it for the year? I have a charge that will post by year end, but airline credit may not and I’m worried it will eat into next years credit...
i booked my flights on 12/28 and it posted on 12/31. it qualified for 2019 credits. i'm thinking that the transaction needs to be posted by 12/31? otherwise it would be 2020 credits. you can call amex to confirm
msp3 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
How long does it usually take to get the HHonors point after meeting the AMEX spending reqjuirment?
I had a $1000 spending requirement for 75K HHonors point. Will this normally happen with the next statement? It says 8 to 12 weeks after meeting the requirement.
Earlier in this thread someone asked about how do you can verify what you are qualifying for. On my AMEX account page, it tracked how much I needed in remaining spending to qualify and the number of points I would get
Old Aug 23, 2020, 10:36 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mvoight
....usually ...
There does not assume to be a reliable pattern. The bonus may post within a few days of meeting the spend, or in the timeframe mentioned in the terms. For reference, that timeframe is measured from the date of the statement on which the qualifying spend posts, not from the transaction date.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Has anyone had any of their dining credits reimbursed yet?
I haven't see any thing of the sort, my rewards still show $250 left.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by krazieman
Has anyone had any of their dining credits reimbursed yet?
I haven't see any thing of the sort, my rewards still show $250 left.
Yes, all of my $250 was burned this summer.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Yes, all of my $250 was burned this summer.
Sorry, I got confused. It's my travel credit bank that hasn't moved. I need to go buy some southwest tickets.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 1:59 am

For Hilton Aspire, does purchasing United TB fund count as 7x airline booking? If so I thought buying $4k TB would be an easy way to fulfill the spending requirement.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by xudongsun
... does purchasing United TB fund count as 7x airline booking?
Yes, United TB will earn 7X. Think long and hard though. If you're not buying $4K worth of airfare, buying so much TB is too risky.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Yes, United TB will earn 7X. Think long and hard though. If you're not buying $4K worth of airfare, buying so much TB is too risky.
Thanks. I fly a lot so using it won’t be a problem
Old Feb 24, 2023, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by xudongsun
For Hilton Aspire, does purchasing United TB fund count as 7x airline booking? If so I thought buying $4k TB would be an easy way to fulfill the spending requirement.
Excellent strategy, I agree that it’s low risk. Couple years ago my United credit card had an 8X promotion for UA purchases, I maxed it out with a $1000 TB purchase. More recently, with multiple AmEx Biz plats and an Aspire, I end up with approximately $1500 in TB purchases on January 1st or 2nd. With airfares recently increasing significantly, I’ve had no problem spending that much and more on UA flights, mostly during ski season to fly between New York and Colorado/Utah/British Columbia.
xudongsun and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 5:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Jetblue Plus
Check the pre approval today say not eligible for the Sub, but when I log into amex account have a request upgrade from surpass to aspire card available. Haven't really use this card but do spend about $50 a month since last summer. Have other amex card plat,gold,bbp and Marriott business. They all have use on them except for Hilton surpass.
. Maybe should wait till the request upgrade is gonna then apply for it.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by teltehdog
Check the pre approval today say not eligible for the Sub, but when I log into amex account have a request upgrade from surpass to aspire card available. Haven't really use this card but do spend about $50 a month since last summer. Have other amex card plat,gold,bbp and Marriott business. They all have use on them except for Hilton surpass.
. Maybe should wait till the request upgrade is gonna then apply for it.
The offer to upgrade a card, for a few 1000 pts, doesn't mean you will get approved for a brand new card with a BIG bonus.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.