Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: roberto99
Faq amex: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/campaigns/gold-card/gold-update-faqs.html

For existing and new cardholders
  • Changes below are effective immediately
    • 4x US grocery (25k/calendar year), 4x US dining* (*pervasive reports that many dining transactions are not coding as 4x, including but not limited to those from Square or Toast-based POS systems. Scroll down in thread for more reports and information.)
    • $120 dining credit ($10 monthly in certain restaurants)
  • No change
    • $100 calendar year airline reimbursement
  • Other
    • $250 AF (see below for existing cardholders)
    • No 2x gas (removed, see below for existing cardholders who have it till Oct 2019)
  • Metal card (contactless)
    • Rose gold card - limited edition until Jan 9 2019
    • Regular gold card

For new cardholders (Oct 4 2018 and after)
  • You may be able to find targeted/referal 50k/$2k, but first AF is not waived
  • Signup bonus: You get 20% off restaurant up to $500 restaurant spend (3 month)
  • You do not get 2x gas (only for existing cardholders, see below)

For existing cardholders (Oct 3 2018 or before)
  • AF will change to $250 for anniversary dates after April 1 2019
  • 2x gas will be removed after Oct 2019
  • You can chat/call for the gold/rosegold metal card. AU card will get whatever primary cardholder is getting, cannot be different
Print Wikipost

Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:41 pm

20k points bonus NOT POSTED after hit spending on 4 authorized user cards

In April I was offered 5k points for adding a new authorized user to my Gold card and spend $500, up to 4 new users, so a total of 20k points. Opened 4 cards and hit the spend sequentially. The first two 5k points were posted instantly after the benchmark. The latter two are yet to appear in my account, weeks after the spending was met. Did online chat with several agents and they said I have to wait for the points. Anyone having the same issue?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:05 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by someone199977
....Opened 4 cards and hit the spend sequentially. ....
If each of these are people with unique Social Security Numbers that have been provided to American Express I expect all bonuses will be fulfilled. If, however, you requested these cards for yourself one bonus seems to be the most they will pay:

5000 MR for adding authorized user - Plat (USA) question
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:28 pm

Programs: UR and MR
So it's been about a month and one statement has been posted, yet none of my MR points show up. How long do they usually take to post? I'm missing MR points from purchases and 1 referral. I'm about to hit my MSR too soon...

Last edited by ToastedSi; Jul 2, 2019 at 2:33 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by ToastedSi
So it's been about a month and one statement has been posted, yet none of my MR points show up. How long do they usually take to post? I'm missing MR points form purchases and 1 referral. I'm about to hit my MSR too soon...
You get them after the second statement. It’s a two statement lag vs most other credit cards.
ToastedSi likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:34 am

Programs: UR and MR
Originally Posted by uppereastsider

You get them after the second statement. It’s a two statement lag vs most other credit cards.
thanks for the reply. Does this also apply to the offers that we need to sign up for?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:49 am
mia

Originally Posted by ToastedSi
...How long do they usually take to post?.
Discussion here:

How long does it usually take for USA MR points to post ?

Bonuses and Offers post separately. The new account bonus may post a few days after the threshold is crossed -or- after the maximum time stipulated in the terms, which is calculated from the date of the statement on which the threshold is crossed, not from the date of a specific transaction.
ToastedSi likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
FWIW I received the same $500/5k AU bonus. I added 4 people with 4 different SS numbers and received each 5k bonus with a day or two of hitting the $500 spend. Final $500 was spent mid June.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:04 pm

Thanks for the response. I requested these AU cards for my family but didn't add SSN which might appear on their credit reports. How does AMEX tell if I "requested these cards for yourself"?
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by mia
If each of these are people with unique Social Security Numbers that have been provided to American Express I expect all bonuses will be fulfilled. If, however, you requested these cards for yourself one bonus seems to be the most they will pay:
Thanks for the response. I requested these AU cards for my family but didn't add SSN which might appear on their credit reports. How does AMEX tell if I "requested these cards for yourself"?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: AS 100K
when does AMEX usually apply the "4X" symbol to the transaction that has posted? I just noticed that all of my grocery purchases in my last statement show the 4X symbol while none show it on my current statement that ends in a couple of weeks. My impression was that the 4X symbol came through like 5-7 days after posting.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
when does AMEX usually apply the "4X" symbol to the transaction that has posted? I just noticed that all of my grocery purchases in my last statement show the 4X symbol while none show it on my current statement that ends in a couple of weeks. My impression was that the 4X symbol came through like 5-7 days after posting.
Points are delayed until a few days after the next statement close. I find it annoying - but you can call CS and get them to "accelerate" your pending points. You can see what's going on when you look at your Membership Rewards Points Summary -
Old Jul 10, 2019, 12:01 pm
mia

Originally Posted by farwest101
Points are delayed...-
I think atcanobbio is asking when the 4X icon will appear on new transactions, rather than when the points will post from pending.

At present I do not see any 4X icons in the "Recent Activity" date range.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by farwest101
Points are delayed until a few days after the next statement close. I find it annoying - but you can call CS and get them to "accelerate" your pending points. You can see what's going on when you look at your Membership Rewards Points Summary -
Originally Posted by mia
I think atcanobbio is asking when the 4X icon will appear on new transactions, rather than when the points will post from pending.

farwest...I was talking about what mia said

@mia, is that normal? or do the icons appear after statement closes. I swear I always saw icon between a week or so after the transaction posted.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I just received my first statement for this card and noticed I was automatically enrolled in "Pay Over Time Direct" when I was approved for this card. I don't intend to use it, but interesting that they seem to be adding this as a standard feature.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mia

If you click on "statements and activity" and then click on "preview new version (beta)" toward the bottom right of the page, you'll find that the 4x icon appears about a week after the transaction posts (well, it does on my account.)
mia likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.