Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: roberto99
Faq amex: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/campaigns/gold-card/gold-update-faqs.html

For existing and new cardholders
  • Changes below are effective immediately
    • 4x US grocery (25k/calendar year), 4x US dining* (*pervasive reports that many dining transactions are not coding as 4x, including but not limited to those from Square or Toast-based POS systems. Scroll down in thread for more reports and information.)
    • $120 dining credit ($10 monthly in certain restaurants)
  • No change
    • $100 calendar year airline reimbursement
  • Other
    • $250 AF (see below for existing cardholders)
    • No 2x gas (removed, see below for existing cardholders who have it till Oct 2019)
  • Metal card (contactless)
    • Rose gold card - limited edition until Jan 9 2019
    • Regular gold card

For new cardholders (Oct 4 2018 and after)
  • You may be able to find targeted/referal 50k/$2k, but first AF is not waived
  • Signup bonus: You get 20% off restaurant up to $500 restaurant spend (3 month)
  • You do not get 2x gas (only for existing cardholders, see below)

For existing cardholders (Oct 3 2018 or before)
  • AF will change to $250 for anniversary dates after April 1 2019
  • 2x gas will be removed after Oct 2019
  • You can chat/call for the gold/rosegold metal card. AU card will get whatever primary cardholder is getting, cannot be different
Print Wikipost

Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Are there any links available with first year free?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by jediwho
Great question and this is something I would like to know as well. How much GC purchase a month to stay under the radar.
It really depends on your profile and relationship with them. Just as a data point- My friend just got FR'ed and questioned over $3K/mo in GC while my cousin is getting away with >30k/mo. If you don't have a solid long relationship with them, I'd start slow.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by yugi
You can earn 2x on everything with BBP for free.
Maxed out for the year on BBP.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by tsmith12
It really depends on your profile and relationship with them. Just as a data point- My friend just got FR'ed and questioned over $3K/mo in GC while my cousin is getting away with >30k/mo. If you don't have a solid long relationship with them, I'd start slow.
I am hoping my relationship with them is good. I have many of their premium card (except SPG Luxury), pay close to 3K in AF, have canceled four cards in the last 18 years and also have banking relationship with them going back at least half a dozen years.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
Tried to get my card expedited since I'm leaving town on Saturday morning, but the rep was unable to do so. Oh well.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:08 pm

Is it worth it to have my wife apply for the new Gold card for the 50K point offer with the $250 annual fee? Wonder if AMEX will roll out an offer with no annual fee the first year.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, National Exec, Hertz Pres
I have the personal Platinum card and would like to use my own referral link to get the 50k points signup bonus + 15k points referral bonus for the new Gold card. Will this work? I Googled and didn't find my answer.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
A bit annoyed right now. I was looking at the new details on the website, not logged into my account, and saw the 50k offer. I left the tab open and went back about forty-five minutes later when I'd have some free time to actually apply... only to get the "we apologize that the offer you are looking for may no longer be available" message when I clicked the link.

Was the 50k bonus seriously a just-for-a-few-hours thing?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:51 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by EricUSC
I have the personal Platinum card and would like to use my own referral link....
In the USA, American Express referrals are only valid for the same card. You cannot refer yourself, or anyone else, for a card that you do not hold.

Originally Posted by jinglish
Was the 50k bonus seriously a just-for-a-few-hours thing?
Your offer was only valid for a brief period, and it will probably reappear, but right now there seem to be plenty of 50,000 point referral offers here:

American Express Referral Offers (Read Wiki before posting).
Old Oct 4, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA GS slavery, *A Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Just picked up the card via 50k referral link
https://apply.uscreditcardguide.com/...ds-gold/apply/

Use incognito mode to launch the link.
Also realized that the card has rfid/NFC logo in the advertisement, looks to be a tap and pay card?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mia
In the USA, American Express referrals are only valid for the same card. You cannot refer yourself, or anyone else, for a card that you do not hold.
That may be true for personal cards but it is not accurate for AMEX business cards (speaking from personal experience and the experience of many others.)
mia likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by twkidM3
Also realized that the card has rfid/NFC logo in the advertisement, looks to be a tap and pay card?
Correct. AmEx is including it by default on this and a few other cards (before, you had to explicitly opt in).
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:42 pm

Can someone check who ordered a Rose Gold card replacement if it says Rose Gold card or gold card in the card replacement section. Also shouldn't Apple pay have Rose gold card if that was requested? I requested Rose Gold but online and Apple pay say gold and show the new gold card
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by mia
This appears to have changed today: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/new-u...r-to-any-card/
mia likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by trikotret
Can someone check who ordered a Rose Gold card replacement if it says Rose Gold card or gold card in the card replacement section. Also shouldn't Apple pay have Rose gold card if that was requested? I requested Rose Gold but online and Apple pay say gold and show the new gold card
I am truly surprised at the level of interest in the Rose Gold card in this thread.

Well done, Amex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.