Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.

Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: roberto99
Faq amex: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/campaigns/gold-card/gold-update-faqs.html

For existing and new cardholders
  • Changes below are effective immediately
    • 4x US grocery (25k/calendar year), 4x US dining* (*pervasive reports that many dining transactions are not coding as 4x, including but not limited to those from Square or Toast-based POS systems. Scroll down in thread for more reports and information.)
    • $120 dining credit ($10 monthly in certain restaurants)
  • No change
    • $100 calendar year airline reimbursement
  • Other
    • $250 AF (see below for existing cardholders)
    • No 2x gas (removed, see below for existing cardholders who have it till Oct 2019)
  • Metal card (contactless)
    • Rose gold card - limited edition until Jan 9 2019
    • Regular gold card

For new cardholders (Oct 4 2018 and after)
  • You may be able to find targeted/referal 50k/$2k, but first AF is not waived
  • Signup bonus: You get 20% off restaurant up to $500 restaurant spend (3 month)
  • You do not get 2x gas (only for existing cardholders, see below)

For existing cardholders (Oct 3 2018 or before)
  • AF will change to $250 for anniversary dates after April 1 2019
  • 2x gas will be removed after Oct 2019
  • You can chat/call for the gold/rosegold metal card. AU card will get whatever primary cardholder is getting, cannot be different
Print Wikipost

Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.

Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by miadukes
I applied with a 50k yesterday. took a while to get that though as it appeared 3 times prior but wouldn't let me get to the application page but finally i got one that did.
How? And where are you located? I'm in Washington state... tried loading the page 10+ times (with clearing cookies and cache and stuff each time) with incognito mode with IE and Firefox from work (one IP), then tried on my cell phone (doing the same above) but using a VPN I paid $12 for with Dallas, TX location, Washington DC location, and New York location. Then tried it from home again using my cell phone but on my cell network (so another different IP. Tried Google Chrome and Safari both in incognito mode on the iphone and clearing cookies/cache each time.

I also tried going to baidu search engine while in incognito and searching for American Express and then going to the card and EVERY TIME I saw the 25k offer and that was it...

I do hold a platinum card already, but I never got to the point of putting in any personal information. Also, CardMatch was not showing ANY Amex cards...

But I also have a 800+ credit score so....

How did you get it to work?!
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:42 pm

And as I just learned this week, I thought grubhub was delivery only but you can also pickup. That is an easy $10 spent every month.
Very nice.
miadukes likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by acarney
How? And where are you located? I'm in Washington state... tried loading the page 10+ times (with clearing cookies and cache and stuff each time) with incognito mode with IE and Firefox from work (one IP), then tried on my cell phone (doing the same above) but using a VPN I paid $12 for with Dallas, TX location, Washington DC location, and New York location. Then tried it from home again using my cell phone but on my cell network (so another different IP. Tried Google Chrome and Safari both in incognito mode on the iphone and clearing cookies/cache each time.

I also tried going to baidu search engine while in incognito and searching for American Express and then going to the card and EVERY TIME I saw the 25k offer and that was it...

I do hold a platinum card already, but I never got to the point of putting in any personal information. Also, CardMatch was not showing ANY Amex cards...

But I also have a 800+ credit score so....

How did you get it to work?!
I just kept opening the link in incognito mode, like i said 3 times i got it but when I went to apply it said offer no longer available and i kept at it (but seriously not that much) and then on page came up sort of weird layout, not like the others and boom there it was I didnt miss the opportunity since i had to buy flights yeterday too so already spent half the sign up spend. I'm rally looking forward to the 4x points on food and the grubhub.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:22 pm

I just kept opening the link in incognito mode, like i said 3 times i got it but when I went to apply it said offer no longer available and i kept at it (but seriously not that much) and then on page came up sort of weird layout, not like the others and boom there it was I didnt miss the opportunity since i had to buy flights yeterday too so already spent half the sign up spend. I'm rally looking forward to the 4x points on food and the grubhub.
Opening the link from a blog site, or just googling Amex Gold or what? (I so seriously want these points, lol)

Edit: I should also ask if this is the personal card or biz card?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:21 pm

Opening the link from a blog site, or just googling Amex Gold or what? (I so seriously want these points, lol)

Edit: I should also ask if this is the personal card or biz card?
It's the personal and it was a particular blog, but dont even ask me cuz every time i closed the page i had to go back and search again and figure out which one LOL so sorry but I don't know which one off hand, it wasn't one of the regular ones though cuz I would have remembered. So I did that a few times and also googled it a few times, eventually it came up. I did a search for american express premier reward gold 50000 and it was one of those, but seriously must have done that search like a dozen times day b
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:22 pm

Just got approved for 50k bonus using link below and Microsoft Edge browser in private mode on my iPhone. Quick question, how do I confirm that I have the 50k offer? I saw it on my screen and clicked the link and was instantly approved, but just want to be sure its 50k for 2k spend over 3 months and waived first year fee.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/25330

Last edited by Airmax95; Sep 28, 2018 at 10:23 pm Reason: forgot to include one detail.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 12:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Airmax95
Just got approved for 50k bonus using link below and Microsoft Edge browser in private mode on my iPhone. Quick question, how do I confirm that I have the 50k offer? I saw it on my screen and clicked the link and was instantly approved, but just want to be sure its 50k for 2k spend over 3 months and waived first year fee.

Check your terms and conditions.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Airmax95

Originally Posted by Explorer789
Check your terms and conditions.
This^^
I downloaded my terms and conditions just in case. Also I'm sure PP appreciates the link. in my experience the same link I was using sometimes would yield 50 and sometimes 25 .
Old Sep 29, 2018, 2:06 pm

Still can’t see the 50k offer with these links and MS edge. Clearing cache and cookies and VPN and opening it over and over etc. Probably gave up after twenty tries or something. I did finally see something different on Amex’s page when I switched the VPN to Hong Kong, saw a bunch of Chinese specific AmEx cards...

I'm almost tempted to give my info to someone else that can see the offer so they can fill it out. Is that what you want AmEx?! Me giving random internet strangers my identification?!? >.<

Man.... just offer everyone the same bonus amounts AmEx!
Old Sep 29, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Still can’t see the 50k offer with these links and MS edge. Clearing cache and cookies and VPN and opening it over and over etc. Probably gave up after twenty tries or something. I did finally see something different on Amex’s page when I switched the VPN to Hong Kong, saw a bunch of Chinese specific AmEx cards...

I'm almost tempted to give my info to someone else that can see the offer so they can fill it out. Is that what you want AmEx?! Me giving random internet strangers my identification?!? >.<

Man.... just offer everyone the same bonus amounts AmEx!
Don’t know why you can’t see it. It’s strange. I pulled the offer in incognito mode on my first try, applied and got approved.. Restart your computer. Just clear your cache or Open incognito mode. Google Amex PRG 50k. The American Express website should open to 50k link.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
, fir
Originally Posted by ksingh0311

Don’t know why you can’t see it. It’s strange. I pulled the offer in incognito mode on my first try, applied and got approved.. Restart your computer. Just clear your cache or Open incognito mode. Google Amex PRG 50k. The American Express website should open to 50k link.
Same here, first try for both my application and my wife's application next day. Both were in incognito mode.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
I got it after multiple tries on multiple devices.. don't give up!
Old Sep 30, 2018, 11:11 am

Any updates on when existing card holders will get the nice, new metal card? Hate the existing plastic card...
Old Sep 30, 2018, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by cruisr
Nothing on my existing card when i check under benefits, except the normal benefits.
Something is about to change for sure. My PRG account under benefits does not show any information about 2x, 3x multiplier for gas and dining etc. Plus at one place it says “American Express Gold Card” instead of “Premier Rewards Gold” Card.

Last edited by ksingh0311; Sep 30, 2018 at 1:26 pm
Old Sep 30, 2018, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by lax01
Any updates on when existing card holders will get the nice, new metal card? Hate the existing plastic card...
Well even if they won’t automatically do it, you can always “lose” the card and they’ll send you a new metal one.
lax01 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.