Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.

Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.

    Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 25, 19, 8:45 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: roberto99
Wiki Link
Faq amex: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...date-faqs.html

For existing and new cardholders
  • Changes below are effective immediately
    • 4x US grocery (25k/calendar year), 4x US dining* (*pervasive reports that many dining transactions are not coding as 4x, including but not limited to those from Square or Toast-based POS systems. Scroll down in thread for more reports and information.)
    • $120 dining credit ($10 monthly in certain restaurants)
  • No change
    • $100 calendar year airline reimbursement
  • Other
    • $250 AF (see below for existing cardholders)
    • No 2x gas (removed, see below for existing cardholders who have it till Oct 2019)
  • Metal card (contactless)
    • Rose gold card - limited edition until Jan 9 2019
    • Regular gold card

For new cardholders (Oct 4 2018 and after)
  • You may be able to find targeted/referal 50k/$2k, but first AF is not waived
  • Signup bonus: You get 20% off restaurant up to $500 restaurant spend (3 month)
  • You do not get 2x gas (only for existing cardholders, see below)

For existing cardholders (Oct 3 2018 or before)
  • AF will change to $250 for anniversary dates after April 1 2019
  • 2x gas will be removed after Oct 2019
  • You can chat/call for the gold/rosegold metal card. AU card will get whatever primary cardholder is getting, cannot be different
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Feb 28, 19, 12:38 pm
  #1306  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by vincewy View Post
Any recent DP on airport restaurant spends, do they still get only X1?
I had two charges at SFO last month, one was at Peet's Coffee and the other was at Max's Eatz and Fresh Bakery. Both returned 4x.
ebusch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 19, 12:42 pm
  #1307  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by linglingfool View Post
Highest I've successfully complained about was a $160 charge. They didn't bat an eye.
My charge through Tock was for around $720. It took a lot of back and forth, but I was able to get a one-time adjustment for 4x.
linglingfool and miles4CDG like this.
ebusch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 19, 2:19 pm
  #1308  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Charleston, SC
Programs: SPG/Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 258
Has anyone had the $10 food credit post after the first of the month? I ordered Grubhub on the 25th and it posted today, but no credit so far.
zorbachs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 19, 11:56 pm
  #1309  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 154
Originally Posted by zorbachs View Post
Has anyone had the $10 food credit post after the first of the month? I ordered Grubhub on the 25th and it posted today, but no credit so far.
Yes that's fine -- it'll post in a few days

Feb purchase will use Feb credit -- you'll still have your March credit to use this month
Jatan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 19, 12:19 am
  #1310  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: TPE LAS LHR
Programs: BA Meltdown Gold, OZ♦+ (flying BR/UA), WoH♦, HH♦. Gaming: Mlife Noir, TR7*
Posts: 4,504
Originally Posted by Jatan View Post
Yes that's fine -- it'll post in a few days

Feb purchase will use Feb credit -- you'll still have your March credit to use this month
If it posted today (March 1st), it'll probably use the March credit - even if AMEX knows the transaction happened on the 25th. See, e.g., post 1285. Also pinging OP - @zorbachs .

I got burned by this too. Didn't even realize it until an eligible Februrary charge didn't get credited and I realized it had gone to the old charge. Another reason why this card is just too much hassle.

Last edited by gengar; Mar 2, 19 at 4:14 am
gengar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 19, 8:58 am
  #1311  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 154
Originally Posted by gengar View Post
If it posted today (March 1st), it'll probably use the March credit - even if AMEX knows the transaction happened on the 25th. See, e.g., post 1285. Also pinging OP - @zorbachs .

I got burned by this too. Didn't even realize it until an eligible Februrary charge didn't get credited and I realized it had gone to the old charge. Another reason why this card is just too much hassle.
Looks like Grubhub charge will post with tomorrow's date if you order late evening so you just need to be careful on last day of the month -- for me it seems like 559pm central is the cut off time for using today's date

His 25th purchase should be fine -- should post with 25th or 26th transaction date which is still in Feb

Haven't made a late last day transaction luckily so I've gotten my credits correctly

My card:
11/30 GRUBHUB $3.92 (ordered 11/29 @ 633pm)
12/3 AMEX Dining Credit -$2.56 (remaining Nov)

12/4 GRUBHUB $1.76 (ordered 12/4 @ 317pm)
12/7 AMEX Dining Credit -$1.76

12/10 GRUBHUB $3.92 (ordered 12/9 @ 811pm)
12/13 AMEX Dining Credit -$3.92

12/19 GRUBHUB $1.76 (ordered 12/18 @ 621pm)
12/22 AMEX Dining Credit -$1.76

12/29 GRUBHUB $3.24 (ordered 12/28 @ 600pm)
1/2 AMEX Dining Credit -$2.56 (remaining Dec)

1/25 GRUBHUB $11.76 (ordered 1/25 @ 451pm)
1/28 AMEX Dining Credit -$10.00

2/21 GRUBHUB $11.76 (ordered 2/21 @ 517pm)
2/24 AMEX Dining Credit -$10.00

Family member:
12/28 GRUBHUB $2.61 (ordered 12/28 @ 555pm)
1/1 GRUBHUB $3.81 (ordered 1/1 @ 507pm)
1/2 AMEX Dining Credit -$2.27 (remaining Dec)
1/6 AMEX Dining Credit -$3.81

1/9 GRUBHUB $3.81 (ordered 1/8 @ 717pm)
1/11 AMEX Dining Credit -$3.81

1/28 GRUBHUB $3.81 (ordered 1/27 @ 613pm)
2/1 AMEX Dining Credit -$2.38 (remaining Jan)

2/14 GRUBHUB $11.76 (ordered 2/13 @ 639pm)
2/16 AMEX Dining Credit -$10.00
Jatan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 19, 11:43 am
  #1312  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 312
Be aware, as this burned me in the past, GrubHub sometimes takes 24 hours to batch process the actual credit card transaction...so if you order on the very LAST day of the month, it may not process till the next month (and you will miss the credit) - fortunately, AMEX CSR was able to give me a $10 courtesy credit when this happened
lax01 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 19, 5:21 pm
  #1313  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: TPE LAS LHR
Programs: BA Meltdown Gold, OZ♦+ (flying BR/UA), WoH♦, HH♦. Gaming: Mlife Noir, TR7*
Posts: 4,504
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
Be aware, as this burned me in the past, GrubHub sometimes takes 24 hours to batch process the actual credit card transaction...so if you order on the very LAST day of the month, it may not process till the next month (and you will miss the credit) - fortunately, AMEX CSR was able to give me a $10 courtesy credit when this happened
I was denied any adjustment/credit... the disparity in treatment, just as with the 4x adjustments, is pretty frustrating.
lax01 likes this.
gengar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 19, 7:59 pm
  #1314  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 120
They purposely make the credits obnoxious to create breakage.
kdm31091 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 19, 3:17 pm
  #1315  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Charleston, SC
Programs: SPG/Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 258
This may have been answered. I lost my rose gold card this weekend and ordered a replacement this morning. Is Amex still issuing rose gold replacements even though you can no longer apply for the rose gold card, or will I get a regular gold from now on?
zorbachs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 19, 6:19 pm
  #1316  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,172
Originally Posted by zorbachs View Post
This may have been answered. I lost my rose gold card this weekend and ordered a replacement this morning. Is Amex still issuing rose gold replacements even though you can no longer apply for the rose gold card, or will I get a regular gold from now on?
AFAIK, as long as you had a rose gold card you'll get the same as replacement. If you had the regular gold you can't ask for rose gold replacement.
miles4CDG likes this.
tsmith12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 19, 7:56 am
  #1317  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,358
Like many of you, I was burned by the end of month dining credit counting toward next month as well. I split a bill with my dad at Cheesecake Factory 2/28 night (before midnight EST). Final charge posted 3/1 and I got the credit this AM. I had forgotten to use my $10 credit for February before then so I was hoping this would count. But I know it counted toward March because he got the credit today as well, and he did use his February credit.

So so my best/only recourse is chat and cross fingers?
DaveInLA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 19, 8:03 am
  #1318  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,358
Originally Posted by Jatan View Post
Looks like Grubhub charge will post with tomorrow's date if you order late evening so you just need to be careful on last day of the month -- for me it seems like 559pm central is the cut off time for using today's date

His 25th purchase should be fine -- should post with 25th or 26th transaction date which is still in Feb

Haven't made a late last day transaction luckily so I've gotten my credits correctly

My card:
11/30 GRUBHUB $3.92 (ordered 11/29 @ 633pm)
12/3 AMEX Dining Credit -$2.56 (remaining Nov)

12/4 GRUBHUB $1.76 (ordered 12/4 @ 317pm)
12/7 AMEX Dining Credit -$1.76

12/10 GRUBHUB $3.92 (ordered 12/9 @ 811pm)
12/13 AMEX Dining Credit -$3.92

12/19 GRUBHUB $1.76 (ordered 12/18 @ 621pm)
12/22 AMEX Dining Credit -$1.76

12/29 GRUBHUB $3.24 (ordered 12/28 @ 600pm)
1/2 AMEX Dining Credit -$2.56 (remaining Dec)

1/25 GRUBHUB $11.76 (ordered 1/25 @ 451pm)
1/28 AMEX Dining Credit -$10.00

2/21 GRUBHUB $11.76 (ordered 2/21 @ 517pm)
2/24 AMEX Dining Credit -$10.00

Family member:
12/28 GRUBHUB $2.61 (ordered 12/28 @ 555pm)
1/1 GRUBHUB $3.81 (ordered 1/1 @ 507pm)
1/2 AMEX Dining Credit -$2.27 (remaining Dec)
1/6 AMEX Dining Credit -$3.81

1/9 GRUBHUB $3.81 (ordered 1/8 @ 717pm)
1/11 AMEX Dining Credit -$3.81

1/28 GRUBHUB $3.81 (ordered 1/27 @ 613pm)
2/1 AMEX Dining Credit -$2.38 (remaining Jan)

2/14 GRUBHUB $11.76 (ordered 2/13 @ 639pm)
2/16 AMEX Dining Credit -$10.00
BTW, how are you getting these $2-3 Grubhub charges?
DaveInLA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 19, 8:57 am
  #1319  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 154
Originally Posted by DaveInLA View Post


BTW, how are you getting these $2-3 Grubhub charges?
Samsung Pay had Grubhub coupons that you could buy with reward pts
Jatan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 19, 2:15 pm
  #1320  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Charleston, SC
Programs: SPG/Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 258
Originally Posted by tsmith12 View Post
AFAIK, as long as you had a rose gold card you'll get the same as replacement. If you had the regular gold you can't ask for rose gold replacement.
That's what I assumed, but I just wanted to make sure. The rep on the phone did not mention it would change colors.
zorbachs is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread