CAD - AMEX PLAT installment payment program offer

Old Sep 16, 2018, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
(CAN) - AMEX PLAT installment program offer

Got an unusual survey e-mail last week from AMEX (that I completed) and then an e-mail offer yesterday for a new option on the Platinum card, which I declined.

Anyone else here get his offer ? I've got other AMEX cards I can use if I really, really, wanted to carry a balance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear KDS777,

Sometimes large purchases happen maybe youre moving, shopping for a new fridge, or planning your next vacation. Thats why we are introducing the American Express Installment Program.

Created to give you more options and more control over your Card purchase, the Installment program is convenient and easy way to pay for large purchases in equal monthly installments. Plus, you can choose the term that works best for you.

TAKE CONTROL OF LARGE CARD PURCHASES WITH INSTALLMENTS:
You can view and cancel them online, through the Amex App, or over the phone at any time.

-Choose a minimum purchase amount of $250, $500, or $1,000. Eligible purchases over your chosen amount will automatically be set up in the program, and you have the flexibility & control to remove a qualifying purchase at any time.

-Select a repayment term of 3, 6 or 12 months.

-Make a purchase over your selected minimum purchase amount on your existing Card.

-Plus, you have the flexibility to cancel an installment at any time.

THE LOW INSTALLMENTS FEE IS EASY TO CALCULATE.Your installment purchases will have a 0% interest rate. There is an installment fee of 2%, 3% or 5% based on the term that you select. Plus, you can shop knowing exactly how much your monthly installment amounts will be.

Enrollment in the Installment Program is easy. Sign up online by 10/6/2018 using XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, and start to Pay Your Way today.

You have enrolled and made your selections including a minimum purchase amount of $500. Then you purchase a sofa for $600. If you chose to spread the payments over six months, you would pay:

Installment Fee 3% = $18Total Cost $618*The monthly installment amount is added to your minimum due each month.

Thank you for being a valued Cardmember.

Sarah deGruchy
Director, Consumer Services Group

Last edited by KDS777; Sep 18, 2018 at 1:04 pm
Old Sep 16, 2018, 5:55 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by KDS777
.... I've got other AMEX cards I can use if I really, really, wanted to carry a balance.

Canadian cards make work differently, but in the USA carrying a balance on a typical credit card means that any new purchases are automatically added to the interest bearing balance. One benefit of these types of American Express charge card features is that the financed transactions are separated, and new purchases are still interest free.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:38 am

completed what sounds like the same survey but didn't receive an offer (US plat)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.