Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

MR (USA) to Asia Miles variable (10/20/30%) and transient transfer bonus

Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:42 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

When I logged into my Amex account today, this promotion was on the top page. Maybe others can check if it is targeted or not and find out when it expires.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
Just checked and I have the offer although as far as I read the offer no offer expiration is shown.

Are there any advantages (availability or quantity of miles needed) in transferring to Asia Miles for a Cathay Flight over using Avios?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:04 pm

I am seeing a 1 MR = 1.1 Asia miles offer in my account.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:24 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Recently, Asia Miles offered a 15% bonus through Citi ThankYou Rewards, and I thought that was the smallest transfer bonus I had ever seen. Now I am seeing a 10% bonus through American Express, with no stated expiration date, -and- with a provision that I have never seen:

Special Offer: Get 10% more Asia Miles when you transfer points.

* Special Offer Terms & Conditions

You must be enrolled in Asia Miles in order to participate in this offer, visit www.asiamiles.com to enroll. American Express is not responsible for availability of flight, accommodations or any other rewards in Asia Miles. Once you have transferred Membership Rewards points, they become subject to the Terms and Conditions of Asia Miles and cannot be transferred back to your Membership Rewards program account. Taxes, fees, charges and surcharges, including airline surcharges, apply on Asia Miles redemption flights and upgrades. See Asia Miles Terms and Conditions for details. Individual air carrier restrictions may apply.

If you return to redeem points later, this offer may no longer be available. Minimum transfer is 1000 Membership Rewards points. Additional Asia Miles will be awarded at the time of transfer.

POID: GBRD:0001
Ms mia has the 30% version of the offer with the same terms. She has a Platinum Card, I do not.

Last edited by mia; Sep 6, 2018 at 12:35 pm
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM, JPMorgan Reserve, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP
I see 20% bonus....
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:01 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks to the mods for updating the headline now that there is more information. Maybe I got the apparent maximum bonus (30%) because i don't have a linked Asia Miles account?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Maybe I got the apparent maximum bonus (30%) because i don't have a linked Asia Miles account?
I don't have a linked Asia Miles account and I'm only seeing the 10% bonus. Also as a Platinum card holder.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:58 pm

I'm a plat with an Asia Miles account linked and a history of transferring to Asia Miles in the past. Logging in at 2:45pm Pacific Time today I see a 30% transfer bonus offered, including the "If you return to redeem points later, this offer may no longer be available" language.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:21 pm

Have an Asia Miles account linked with a Plat....no offer...mine is still:

1000* = 1000 Asia MilesTM
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
I have a Platinum card, and received a 10% bonus offer. My MR account was previously linked with Asia Miles. I did a small (close to minimum) MR transfer to Asia Miles a couple of years ago.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:20 pm

Following up on my post from yesterday, and in consideration of the "if you return to redeem points later, this offer may no longer be available" language, logging in today shows the same 30% bonus it showed yesterday. I would not call this a prediction of future behavior and YMMV, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
mia likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I got a 30% offer on my Platinum card. I didn't previously have a linked Asia Miles account.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:25 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by TravelStar
....any advantages (availability or quantity of miles needed) in transferring to Asia Miles for a Cathay Flight over using Avios?
Asia Miles is functionally Cathay Pacific's frequent flyer program. Cathay is a OneWorld carrier, which means Asia Miles can be redeemed for flights operated by any OneWorld airline. I would look in the Cathay Pacific forum for information about sweet spots.

Also be aware that transfers to Asia Miles can be very slow:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...nightmare.html
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Also be aware that transfers to Asia Miles can be very slow:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...nightmare.html
Data Point: Thursday night I took advantage of the MR Asia Miles transfer bonus offer, transferring many MR points over to Asia Miles. This morning, Friday, the points/miles appeared in my Asia Miles account. Less than 12 hours. YMMV
mia likes this.

Last edited by conde; Sep 7, 2018 at 11:41 pm Reason: added more detail
Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by conde
Data Point: Thursday night I took advantage of the MR Asia Miles transfer bonus offer, transferring many MR points over to Asia Miles. This morning, Friday, the points/miles appeared in my Asia Miles account. Less than 12 hours. YMMV
Another data point: Logging in to MR today, my 10% Asia Miles transfer bonus offer is gone.

1000 Membership Rewards points = 1000 Asia MilesTM

I'm not sure if this is hard date cutoff, or if other criteria determine when the bonus offer ends.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.