Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$50 statement credit for purchases made at Saks. Enrollment required prior to purchase.
  • This benefit is available twice a year, once from Jan-Jun and once again from Jul-Dec.
  • Use it or lose it, does not rollover or accumulate. There is no "meter" to track how much you've spent. Check your statement for credits.
  • Per AMEX CS chat the transaction date is what determines whether a purchase is reimbursed from the Jan-Jun benefit or the Jul-Dec benefit.
  • Actual experience from 2019: first-half purchase submitted only 6/27, shipped 6/29, went from pending to posted on 7/1 (but dated as 6/29), credit posted on 7/1, was able to use second $50 credit a week or two later
  • Purchases by Additional Card Members (both the $175 Plat-colored and free Gold-colored) will be reimbursed also, but only up to an aggregate $50 per Account.
CAUTION: A note about Saks online shipping (particularly if ordering very close to the end of June or end of December):
Online orders do not charge until shipped. Many items are carried in-stock by Saks and eligible for ShopRunner shipping - data points suggest that these will charge and ship quickly.
However, many other items on Saks(dot)com drop ship from the manufacturer. For these, expected delivery dates may not be reliable, are not guaranteed, and orders cannot be cancelled easily.
If you place an online order close to the end of an Amex credit period, there is a risk that your item may not ship (and Amex will not be charged) until after the end of the credit period.

Note on shipping & billing times: If a product shows that ShopRunner shipping is available, it is shipped by Saks and is likely to ship and bill quickly. If there's no ShopRunner option, it is likely drop-shipped from the manufacturer meaning the shipping date and actual charge date will be further out.

Things known to count for the credit:
  • Merchandise purchased in Saks stores or online
  • Physical gift cards purchased in-store
  • Physical gift cards purchased online (min $150)
Things that do not get reimbursed:
  • e-gift cards (these are fulfilled by a different vendor)
  • anything bought at "Saks Off 5th" (however, you can use a Saks gift card at Off 5th...)
Print Wikipost

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:20 am

Me and my wife both have AMEX Biz Platinum cards. However, I do not see this offer on either of our cards. Is there something I am missing or how would I enroll. TIA.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by okkadu1
Me and my wife both have AMEX Biz Platinum cards. However, I do not see this offer on either of our cards. Is there something I am missing or how would I enroll. TIA.
I'm relatively certain this is available on the personal AMEX Platinum card only.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:27 am

Purchased a $50 gift card in store on 6/12 and credit posted four days later.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Statman
Purchased a $50 gift card in store on 6/12 and credit posted four days later.
I should get my card this week, and plan to purchase a $50 GC asap before June 30th.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I should get my card this week, and plan to purchase a $50 GC asap before June 30th.
Just adding something to my previous post.... Can you shop at any Saks Fifth Avenue worldwide and still get the credit? Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:25 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Shop Saks with Platinum

Only the Basic Card Member or Authorized Account Manager(s) on a U.S. Consumer Platinum Card® Account can enroll in the benefit. Eligible purchases must be charged to the enrolled Card Account for the benefit to apply. Purchases by both the enrolled Basic Card Member and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is only eligible for up to a $50 statement credit from January through June and up to a $50 statement credit from July through December for a total of $100 per calendar year in statement credits across all Cards on the Account. Valid at Saks Fifth Avenue online or at locations in the US and US Territories. Not valid on Saks Fifth Avenue Gift Cards or purchases at outlet locations (in stores and online). Excludes purchases at restaurants located within the store and Online Bill Pay for Saks Credit. Not valid on online purchases shipped outside of the US. Please allow 2-4 weeks after an eligible purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. Please call the number on the back of the Card if statement credits have not posted after 4 weeks from the date of purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your eligible purchase from merchant until all items from your eligible purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if the eligible purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as eligible for the benefit, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not be eligible if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. To be eligible for this benefit, Card Account(s) must be not canceled and not past due at the time of statement credits fulfillment. If a charge for an eligible purchase is included in a Pay Over Time feature balance on your Card Account, the statement credit associated with that charge may not be applied to that Pay Over Time feature balance. Instead, the statement credit may be applied to your Pay In Full balance. For additional information, call the number on the back of your Card.
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:25 pm

Hmm what am I going to find at Saks for $50 in July???
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:20 am

Thank you mia. Looks like I better find something I really need at their online store and sent to my usa address
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by lax01
Hmm what am I going to find at Saks for $50 in July???
After getting my first $50 card, I saw a really nice sweater on sale at Off 5th for $49. Still second-guessing myself I shoulda grabbed one.
lax01 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:49 pm

One last question, is a $50 purchase the subtotal amount or total amount? If there is shipping or taxes added that make the total $50, will it still be credited?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
One last question, is a $50 purchase the subtotal amount or total amount? If there is shipping or taxes added that make the total $50, will it still be credited?
It's whatever final amount ultimately gets charged to your Amex. Amex doesn't see (or really care about) the breakdown of product/tax/shipping.
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
It's whatever final amount ultimately gets charged to your Amex. Amex doesn't see (or really care about) the breakdown of product/tax/shipping.
Thank you very much. I just received my card 30 minutes ago and ordered matching packable tote and a duffel bags for total $60, no tax or shipping. I'm a happy camper.

Edit: Total was actually $66 and tax included
gooselee likes this.

Last edited by Global Adventurer; Jun 19, 2019 at 7:42 pm
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:19 pm

Thank you very much. I just received my card 30 minutes ago and ordered matching packable tote and a duffel bags for total $60, no tax or shipping. I'm a happy camper.
It might be too late now if you didn't already do so, but don't forget to actually activate the benefit online!
Old Jun 20, 2019, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by eeflyer
It might be too late now if you didn't already do so, but don't forget to actually activate the benefit online!
I activated the benefit before my card arrived, and doubled checked it was enrolled before I hit the place order button. I sure hope I get credited. Thank you.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:00 am

Edit: Total was actually $66 and tax included
Maybe OT, but I am in the market for a duffel bag and was wondering if you could share the Saks link so I can purchase the one that you got?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.