Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$50 statement credit for purchases made at Saks. Enrollment required prior to purchase.
  • This benefit is available twice a year, once from Jan-Jun and once again from Jul-Dec.
  • Use it or lose it, does not rollover or accumulate. There is no "meter" to track how much you've spent. Check your statement for credits.
  • Per AMEX CS chat the transaction date is what determines whether a purchase is reimbursed from the Jan-Jun benefit or the Jul-Dec benefit.
  • Actual experience from 2019: first-half purchase submitted only 6/27, shipped 6/29, went from pending to posted on 7/1 (but dated as 6/29), credit posted on 7/1, was able to use second $50 credit a week or two later
  • Purchases by Additional Card Members (both the $175 Plat-colored and free Gold-colored) will be reimbursed also, but only up to an aggregate $50 per Account.
CAUTION: A note about Saks online shipping (particularly if ordering very close to the end of June or end of December):
Online orders do not charge until shipped. Many items are carried in-stock by Saks and eligible for ShopRunner shipping - data points suggest that these will charge and ship quickly.
However, many other items on Saks(dot)com drop ship from the manufacturer. For these, expected delivery dates may not be reliable, are not guaranteed, and orders cannot be cancelled easily.
If you place an online order close to the end of an Amex credit period, there is a risk that your item may not ship (and Amex will not be charged) until after the end of the credit period.

Note on shipping & billing times: If a product shows that ShopRunner shipping is available, it is shipped by Saks and is likely to ship and bill quickly. If there's no ShopRunner option, it is likely drop-shipped from the manufacturer meaning the shipping date and actual charge date will be further out.

Things known to count for the credit:
  • Merchandise purchased in Saks stores or online
  • Physical gift cards purchased in-store
  • Physical gift cards purchased online (min $150)
Things that do not get reimbursed:
  • e-gift cards (these are fulfilled by a different vendor)
  • anything bought at "Saks Off 5th" (however, you can use a Saks gift card at Off 5th...)
Print Wikipost

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2021, 1:05 am

Physical GCs from the physical store still work?
Old Apr 23, 2021, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Sharks
I picked one up today in Palm Desert. Last time in December it worked. Why do you ask? I guess I’ll know in a couple of days :-)
Old Apr 24, 2021, 8:53 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
​​​​​​Bought a physical GC in store earlier this month. Got reimbursed 4 days later.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I picked one up today in Palm Desert. Last time in December it worked. Why do you ask? I guess I’ll know in a couple of days :-)
Update: as stated prior I purchased a $50 physical gift card at Saks in Palm Desert, Amex credited back the $50.00 two days later.
jamesteroh and Stgermainparis like this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 8:50 am

Programs: Alaska & Hyatt
Do GC from Off 5th count?
Old Apr 29, 2021, 8:54 am

Never mind

Last edited by joe318; Apr 29, 2021 at 9:04 am
Old Apr 29, 2021, 9:27 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by dakid23
Do GC from Off 5th count?
No, as explained in the Wikipost, the American Express transaction must be made at Saks or saks.com. A gift card purchased at either of those can later be redeemed at Off Fifth.
Old May 4, 2021, 9:36 am

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Did for me.
Old May 10, 2021, 7:03 pm

20% cash back on Rakuten right now....got me - $350 pair of sneakers - on sale for $210 - $50 + 20% cash back on $230 - you win this time AMEX and Saks
jtc246 and imnotalawyer like this.
Old May 11, 2021, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by lax01
20% cash back on Rakuten right now....got me - $350 pair of sneakers - on sale for $210 - $50 + 20% cash back on $230 - you win this time AMEX and Saks
When you made your Saks purchase through Rakuten, did it show up right away as PENDING on your Rakuten account?

I have had problems with Rakuten giving credit for Saks.

Are you also a member of Shoprunner?

I made a purchase through Saks on Sunday, using the Rakuten Android app and my confirmation actually came from Shoprunner, since they allow members free shipping.
Old May 12, 2021, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
When you made your Saks purchase through Rakuten, did it show up right away as PENDING on your Rakuten account?

I have had problems with Rakuten giving credit for Saks.

Are you also a member of Shoprunner?

I made a purchase through Saks on Sunday, using the Rakuten Android app and my confirmation actually came from Shoprunner, since they allow members free shipping.
Yes and yes - says points will be processed by 5/24

What's really weird is that the order is not showing up on my Saks account - it is showing up in Shoprunner account and I have to search for the order number to see status by Saks
Old May 12, 2021, 1:26 pm

purchased a $50 gift card at the Saks 5th Avenue store in Palm Desert, CA on Saturday May 8, 2021
Credit by Amex on Wednesday May 12, 2021
Old May 12, 2021, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by lax01
Yes and yes - says points will be processed by 5/24

What's really weird is that the order is not showing up on my Saks account - it is showing up in Shoprunner account and I have to search for the order number to see status by Saks
Thanks. The cash back showed up in my Rakuten account yesterday and today. Spent around $60.00 with Saks on gifts for myself...LOL and got $12 back from Rakuten. I actually chose to get Amex MR points instead of straight cashback, so here's hoping I'll be traveling soon. .
Old May 12, 2021, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by BuonaDomenica
purchased a $50 gift card at the Saks 5th Avenue store in Palm Desert, CA on Saturday May 8, 2021
Credit by Amex on Wednesday May 12, 2021
very convenient too. The people are so nice there
Old May 15, 2021, 3:49 pm

Programs: miamiparis
Will my $50 gift card be refunded?

I see on top of this thread this: "Things known to count for the credit: Physical gift cards purchased in-store"
So I'd love to buy a $50 gift card at a Saks store and get a $50 statement credit with my Amex Platinum, but in the Benefit Terms of the Platinum, it says "Not valid on Saks Fifth Avenue Gift Cards or purchases at outlet locations (in stores and online)".
Also, I talked to American Express Chat and I was told "I checked and see Saks gift cards are not eligible for Saks benefit credit".

So who is right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.