Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$50 statement credit for purchases made at Saks. Enrollment required prior to purchase.
  • This benefit is available twice a year, once from Jan-Jun and once again from Jul-Dec.
  • Use it or lose it, does not rollover or accumulate. There is no "meter" to track how much you've spent. Check your statement for credits.
  • Per AMEX CS chat the transaction date is what determines whether a purchase is reimbursed from the Jan-Jun benefit or the Jul-Dec benefit.
  • Actual experience from 2019: first-half purchase submitted only 6/27, shipped 6/29, went from pending to posted on 7/1 (but dated as 6/29), credit posted on 7/1, was able to use second $50 credit a week or two later
  • Purchases by Additional Card Members (both the $175 Plat-colored and free Gold-colored) will be reimbursed also, but only up to an aggregate $50 per Account.
CAUTION: A note about Saks online shipping (particularly if ordering very close to the end of June or end of December):
Online orders do not charge until shipped. Many items are carried in-stock by Saks and eligible for ShopRunner shipping - data points suggest that these will charge and ship quickly.
However, many other items on Saks(dot)com drop ship from the manufacturer. For these, expected delivery dates may not be reliable, are not guaranteed, and orders cannot be cancelled easily.
If you place an online order close to the end of an Amex credit period, there is a risk that your item may not ship (and Amex will not be charged) until after the end of the credit period.

Note on shipping & billing times: If a product shows that ShopRunner shipping is available, it is shipped by Saks and is likely to ship and bill quickly. If there's no ShopRunner option, it is likely drop-shipped from the manufacturer meaning the shipping date and actual charge date will be further out.

Things known to count for the credit:
  • Merchandise purchased in Saks stores or online
  • Physical gift cards purchased in-store
  • Physical gift cards purchased online (min $150)
Things that do not get reimbursed:
  • e-gift cards (these are fulfilled by a different vendor)
  • anything bought at "Saks Off 5th" (however, you can use a Saks gift card at Off 5th...)
Print Wikipost

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by djdw905
Does anyone have any advice - I purchased a product at Saks last week, received the Amex credit a couple days later, but now I need to return the item (didn’t fit). How do I avoid a clawback? Return and ask for a gift card? Simply swap the item in store for something else of similar value? Thanks!
If they do an even exchange it shouldn't cause any problems. If they don't have it in your size and exchange it for something that costs more the additional charge won't matter. If it's for something cheaper or they don't have anything you want in stock see if they will give you a merchandise credit instead of refunding the card and you can use it later for something you want or use it at off fifth.
djdw905 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
If they do an even exchange it shouldn't cause any problems. If they don't have it in your size and exchange it for something that costs more the additional charge won't matter. If it's for something cheaper or they don't have anything you want in stock see if they will give you a merchandise credit instead of refunding the card and you can use it later for something you want or use it at off fifth.
awesome thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Found some good sale items this weekend to use up my credit this cycle.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 12:30 pm

Great use of this credit is for gifts for people on your holiday list ... Saks has some super nice candles that are roughly $40-$80, so depending on your budget, you can easily knock off a gift easily bc of this credit. I actually find the credit quite useful and better than the airline credit.
ijgordon, Aaron01 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by kthpence
Great use of this credit is for gifts for people on your holiday list ... Saks has some super nice candles that are roughly $40-$80, so depending on your budget, you can easily knock off a gift easily bc of this credit. I actually find the credit quite useful and better than the airline credit.
Likewise chocolates, tea, and other food stuffs as hostess gifts.
kthpence likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 12:49 pm

Picked up some Kiehls lotion with a coupon. They're always in demand among my relatives. (Especially all the aunts)
ijgordon, bgriffin and kthpence like this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
The Tweezerman toe nail clippers I purchased for myself work very good. Wish they had fingernail clippers too!
Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Has this worked for anyone with Apple Pay? I guess I should have read the T&C before going shopping...
I don’t live in the US and now I’m already back in Europe.
Any idea if Amex customer service might be willing to issue to the credit manually?
Old Dec 13, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Has this worked for anyone with Apple Pay?
Yes, it works with Apple Pay.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by kthpence
Great use of this credit is for gifts for people on your holiday list.
The Rebecca Minkoff cosmetic (but really, toiletry) bags at Saks would make great gifts for any traveler in your life. I've bought three so far in three different colors (black, gray, rose), one every six months, and while I'm using them for my own packing needs (one for cosmetics, one for toiletries, one for electronic cords and other small tech-related items), they'd be perfect for a gift, too. Very nice quality fabric, zippers, and construction, and perfectly priced at exactly $50, so all I've had to pay is a couple bucks each for sales tax.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 7:23 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Damn ... I didn't read the wiki carefully and I bought a $50 e- GC.Now I realize I won't be reimbursed. A worthless perk for me as I can never find anything at Saks I really want.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
My credit just posted. Seems like Apple Pay works. Phew!
Old Dec 14, 2019, 7:35 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by david55
Damn ... I didn't read the wiki carefully and I bought a $50 e- GC.Now I realize I won't be reimbursed. A worthless perk for me as I can never find anything at Saks I really want.
I hear that. Was in NYC and went to SFA.Bought some underwear that was nice, but not really my style. $28 a pair! Fortunately, a second pair was only $14, so $42 total. But, for me, it's more about finding a way to spend it than getting real value.

Cheers.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 7:35 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by david55
.... I realize I won't be reimbursed. A worthless perk for me as I can never find anything at Saks I really want.
Reimbursed, or not, you must have had a plan for redeeming the gift card. What changed?
Old Dec 14, 2019, 7:37 am

I bought a Chanel lipstick for my girl-friend. It was 43$ incl. sales tax or so. She was really happy.
Fragrances probably are pretty good value as well as I assume they more or less cost the same everywhere. However, if you travel a lot, you'll probably find them cheaper outside the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.