Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$50 statement credit for purchases made at Saks. Enrollment required prior to purchase.
  • This benefit is available twice a year, once from Jan-Jun and once again from Jul-Dec.
  • Use it or lose it, does not rollover or accumulate. There is no "meter" to track how much you've spent. Check your statement for credits.
  • Per AMEX CS chat the transaction date is what determines whether a purchase is reimbursed from the Jan-Jun benefit or the Jul-Dec benefit.
  • Actual experience from 2019: first-half purchase submitted only 6/27, shipped 6/29, went from pending to posted on 7/1 (but dated as 6/29), credit posted on 7/1, was able to use second $50 credit a week or two later
  • Purchases by Additional Card Members (both the $175 Plat-colored and free Gold-colored) will be reimbursed also, but only up to an aggregate $50 per Account.
CAUTION: A note about Saks online shipping (particularly if ordering very close to the end of June or end of December):
Online orders do not charge until shipped. Many items are carried in-stock by Saks and eligible for ShopRunner shipping - data points suggest that these will charge and ship quickly.
However, many other items on Saks(dot)com drop ship from the manufacturer. For these, expected delivery dates may not be reliable, are not guaranteed, and orders cannot be cancelled easily.
If you place an online order close to the end of an Amex credit period, there is a risk that your item may not ship (and Amex will not be charged) until after the end of the credit period.

Note on shipping & billing times: If a product shows that ShopRunner shipping is available, it is shipped by Saks and is likely to ship and bill quickly. If there's no ShopRunner option, it is likely drop-shipped from the manufacturer meaning the shipping date and actual charge date will be further out.

Things known to count for the credit:
  • Merchandise purchased in Saks stores or online
  • Physical gift cards purchased in-store
  • Physical gift cards purchased online (min $150)
Things that do not get reimbursed:
  • e-gift cards (these are fulfilled by a different vendor)
  • anything bought at "Saks Off 5th" (however, you can use a Saks gift card at Off 5th...)
Print Wikipost

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2021, 7:04 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
There's also currently a 10% offer for new customers at Topcashback (otherwise 2%, same at Rakuten at the moment)
Old Sep 29, 2021, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Looks to me like they’re monkeying with prices and inventory here. I bought Aesop soap a few weeks ago for $39 full price. With their “sale” it’s now $38.25 on sale, with the base price marked up to $45. They’ve also removed a lot of Aesop products from the site overall, like deodorant, toothpaste and hand wash.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 4:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Looks to me like they’re monkeying with prices and inventory here. I bought Aesop soap a few weeks ago for $39 full price. With their “sale” it’s now $38.25 on sale, with the base price marked up to $45. They’ve also removed a lot of Aesop products from the site overall, like deodorant, toothpaste and hand wash.
Keep trying, inventory is coming and going. I just bought the Aesop Resurrection Hand Wash for $33.15. It was out of stock for me last night.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 4:28 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Stopped by the shop today, did pretty well, got myself a refill of my favorite cologne and did the same for SO. I do have an Amex offer of $20 off of $100 at Bloomingdales I still need to redeem. After that on to next year.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 7:07 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Aesop comes and goes at Saks. My favorite to use for the $50 Saks credit is the "rose by any name" rose/cardamom/black pepper bodywash, but most of the time they only have the small size -- intermittently they'll get the larger sizes in. It's not a "removal" / pricing issue moreover an availability issue.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 5:11 pm

anyone see free shipping from SAKS.com ever? New to plat and want to buy one of the toiletries to get the $50 credit
Old Oct 5, 2021, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
anyone see free shipping from SAKS.com ever? New to plat and want to buy one of the toiletries to get the $50 credit
Shoprunner still works with Saks and Shoprunner is free with the card.

Just saw your mention that you got the card recently - if needed (brosnan6 pointed out that shipping is now free at Saks) the signup for Shoprunner is here.

Last edited by volabam; Oct 5, 2021 at 6:10 pm Reason: A word
Old Oct 5, 2021, 5:53 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
Not sure why you think there are shipping charges as shipping has been free on any order for as far back as I can remember. Plus, you get Shoprunner with Plat so you should even be able to get free express shipping if you sign in through Shoprunner during checkout

Free Shipping every day, no minimum purchase required. Offer valid at saks.com and in Saks Fifth Avenue stores only. Valid on shipments to US addresses only. Not valid on international shipments. Offer may be used when shipping to multiple addresses. Offer not valid on Express, Next Business Day or Saturday delivery orders. Not valid in Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH stores and saksoff5th.com. For Drop Ship items, offer only applies to items eligible for standard shipping.No adjustments to prior purchases. This offer is non-transferable. Saks' return policy still applies to items returned under this offer. Items may not be available in Puerto Rico.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by brosnan6
Not sure why you think there are shipping charges as shipping has been free on any order for as far back as I can remember. Plus, you get Shoprunner with Plat so you should even be able to get free express shipping if you sign in through Shoprunner during checkout
I would swear there had been orders I'd made in the past that had shipping charges until I'd logged into Shoprunner but you're right that standard shipping is free now and Shoprunner just makes two-day shipping free.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 9:58 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Saks version of two day shipping is quite a bit slower than Amazon's version!
lax01 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 10:32 pm

Thanks guys. I do have shoprunner account for past many years and can use that.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 4:22 am

can you combine two $50 saks gift cards

So I have two $50 Saks gift card now. Can they combine them to one $100 card?
Old Oct 15, 2021, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Georgeddd
So I have two $50 Saks gift card now. Can they combine them to one $100 card?
When I asked at Sak's in Chicago I was told no. Maybe it's a YMMV and it can be done and the associate didn't know how to deal it. I also asked for $50 be added to a gift card to avoid having multiple cards and was told they can't do it. I have three cards I'd like to combine.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
When I asked at Sak's in Chicago I was told no. Maybe it's a YMMV and it can be done and the associate didn't know how to deal it. I also asked for $50 be added to a gift card to avoid having multiple cards and was told they can't do it. I have three cards I'd like to combine.
thanks for your reply. I went to the store today. The cashier said: no, you cannot use gift card to buy gift card. I said can I buy something with these two gc and then return it to one gift card? The cashier laughed at me and said: there is nothing below $100 here.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 4:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Georgeddd
.... The cashier laughed at me and said: there is nothing below $100 here.
She/he didn't answer your question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.