Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$50 statement credit for purchases made at Saks. Enrollment required prior to purchase.
  • This benefit is available twice a year, once from Jan-Jun and once again from Jul-Dec.
  • Use it or lose it, does not rollover or accumulate. There is no "meter" to track how much you've spent. Check your statement for credits.
  • Per AMEX CS chat the transaction date is what determines whether a purchase is reimbursed from the Jan-Jun benefit or the Jul-Dec benefit.
  • Actual experience from 2019: first-half purchase submitted only 6/27, shipped 6/29, went from pending to posted on 7/1 (but dated as 6/29), credit posted on 7/1, was able to use second $50 credit a week or two later
  • Purchases by Additional Card Members (both the $175 Plat-colored and free Gold-colored) will be reimbursed also, but only up to an aggregate $50 per Account.
CAUTION: A note about Saks online shipping (particularly if ordering very close to the end of June or end of December):
Online orders do not charge until shipped. Many items are carried in-stock by Saks and eligible for ShopRunner shipping - data points suggest that these will charge and ship quickly.
However, many other items on Saks(dot)com drop ship from the manufacturer. For these, expected delivery dates may not be reliable, are not guaranteed, and orders cannot be cancelled easily.
If you place an online order close to the end of an Amex credit period, there is a risk that your item may not ship (and Amex will not be charged) until after the end of the credit period.

Note on shipping & billing times: If a product shows that ShopRunner shipping is available, it is shipped by Saks and is likely to ship and bill quickly. If there's no ShopRunner option, it is likely drop-shipped from the manufacturer meaning the shipping date and actual charge date will be further out.

Things known to count for the credit:
  • Merchandise purchased in Saks stores or online
  • Physical gift cards purchased in-store
  • Physical gift cards purchased online (min $150)
Things that do not get reimbursed:
  • e-gift cards (these are fulfilled by a different vendor)
  • anything bought at "Saks Off 5th" (however, you can use a Saks gift card at Off 5th...)
Print Wikipost

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Old Jun 3, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Gasolin
I have just tried from Saks Fifth Avenue online and I'll see how it goes. Hoping it works though. It posted for 5/31 but still no news...
SFA online (saks.com) has never been an issue. That's how I've gotten my credits bi-annually ever since this credit exists. I order stuff online for over $50 and I get the credit no problem. What the OP was referring to was ordering on saks OFF fifth online which is officially not eligible for the credit and and they did get it.
ijgordon and gooselee like this.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 4:31 pm

i bought a $50 gift card in the San Francisco Saks store on 6/2, still no credit yet... am I out of luck?
Old Jun 7, 2021, 5:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Tokaitalbo
i bought a $50 gift card in the San Francisco Saks store on 6/2, still no credit yet... am I out of luck?
Credits aren't instantaneously. It can take several days. Usually up to 2 weeks is the norm.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Credits aren't instantaneously. It can take several days. Usually up to 2 weeks is the norm.
Check your transaction display. I also purchased GC at the store (6/1) and it showed up as "SAKS ATLANTA 629 ATLANTA GA". I chat with AMEX CS on (6/7) and he immediately said the purchased wasn't eligible because it wasn't from Saks Fifth Ave. I told him in fact it was from Saks Fifth. So he did some digging by expanding the transaction and it said "doing business at Saks Fifth Avenue" and told me it was eligible and I have to wait 2-4 weeks for the credit to apply. If I don't receive the credit after 2-4 weeks then contact them so they can manually apply the credit. He also said because the transaction didn't show "saks fifth ave" that's why the system didn't pick it up. I did online order back in 2020 and the transaction showed "saksfifthave.com" and I got credit applied within 3 days. So next time, I just buy something online and refund it back to the GC.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 7:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by berombeu
Check your transaction display. I also purchased GC at the store (6/1) and it showed up as "SAKS ATLANTA 629 ATLANTA GA". I chat with AMEX CS on (6/7) and he immediately said the purchased wasn't eligible because it wasn't from Saks Fifth Ave. I told him in fact it was from Saks Fifth. So he did some digging by expanding the transaction and it said "doing business at Saks Fifth Avenue" and told me it was eligible and I have to wait 2-4 weeks for the credit to apply. If I don't receive the credit after 2-4 weeks then contact them so they can manually apply the credit. He also said because the transaction didn't show "saks fifth ave" that's why the system didn't pick it up. I did online order back in 2020 and the transaction showed "saksfifthave.com" and I got credit applied within 3 days. So next time, I just buy something online and refund it back to the GC.

Well, I will never have that problem, because no Sax Fifth Avenue stores that qualify where I live (outside the US). I'll be placing an online order next week actually.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 3:21 am

After having dealt with AmEx for many years, I still occasionally forget about their benefit "enrollment" step.

Last edited by MaxVO; Jun 8, 2021 at 12:12 pm
Old Jun 8, 2021, 8:52 am

So far this month there's a general slowdown of Amex credits being applied across the board, not just Saks credits.

Credits will eventually post, but may take several weeks.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 11:51 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Well, I will never have that problem, because no Sax Fifth Avenue stores that qualify where I live (outside the US). I'll be placing an online order next week actually.
If you are still in MEX, there are the following "international licensed stores"; I'm not sure if they will code properly w/AMEX:

Polanco
Plaza Carso
Lago Zúrich 245, Col. Granada Ampliacion
Mexico City, MX

Santa Fe
Centro Comercial Santa Fe
Av. Prolongación Vasco de Quiroga No. 3800
Santa Fe, CDMX, 05109, MX
Old Jun 8, 2021, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
If you are still in MEX, there are the following "international licensed stores"; I'm not sure if they will code properly w/AMEX:
Not according to terms: "Valid at Saks Fifth Avenue online or at locations in the US and US Territories."
Spoiler

Old Jun 8, 2021, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by HPN-HRL

Polanco
Plaza Carso
Lago Zúrich 245, Col. Granada Ampliacion
Mexico City, MX

Santa Fe
Centro Comercial Santa Fe
Av. Prolongación Vasco de Quiroga No. 3800
Santa Fe, CDMX, 05109, MX
I'm aware of these stores, but can't shop there because Mexico isn't included in the Sax offers, just like MAXVO stated. So, I'll just be ordering online and when I go back to the US I'll pick up my order.

It's no problem, because I need to put in a order for HomeDepot too, and then I'll pick up my BestBuy, HomeDepot and Sax Fifth Ave orders all at the same time.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 1:14 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Gasolin
I have just tried from Saks Fifth Avenue online and I'll see how it goes. Hoping it works though. It posted for 5/31 but still no news...
So I received both Saks credit as well as the PayPal credit, all good.

5 calendar days for the Saks credit, same for the PayPal credit.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 8:20 am

Purchased two $50 physical GCs on two personal plats at Saks in SF on the 10th. Both were successfully reimbursed today on the 14th. Charge showed up as Saks San Francisco.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Sharks
Purchased two $50 physical GCs on two personal plats at Saks in SF on the 10th...
SFA also allows split payments between two accounts (max). So a single $100 GC purchase and 2 payments can do the job.
cuthroat likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by a_hm156
I made a purchase from Saks off Fifth using paypal. Paypal coded the transaction as Paypal- Saks Fifth Avenue and i was somehow able to get both the 30$ paypal credit and the 50$ Saks credit. Has this worked for anyone else?
Originally Posted by friedablass
Wow, good for you. I doubt anyone ever tried this because other offers from Amex have not worked for both - for example of you paid with PayPal at home depot you got the PayPal credit but not the home depot one.
Originally Posted by a_hm156
I wasnt expecting it at all. I paid through paypal because i knew the Saks credit wouldnt work at off fifth and figured it would be a good way to still save some money. It may have just been a fluke but may be worth trying if anyone really needs something from off fifth.
Can confirm. I checked out through Paypal on Off 5th and received the Saks credit.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by berombeu
Hmm, my transaction does show up very similar to yours as well. I guess I'll keep my receipt and probably chat with them if my credit doesn't show in couple of days/weeks..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.