Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$50 statement credit for purchases made at Saks. Enrollment required prior to purchase.
  • This benefit is available twice a year, once from Jan-Jun and once again from Jul-Dec.
  • Use it or lose it, does not rollover or accumulate. There is no "meter" to track how much you've spent. Check your statement for credits.
  • Per AMEX CS chat the transaction date is what determines whether a purchase is reimbursed from the Jan-Jun benefit or the Jul-Dec benefit.
  • Actual experience from 2019: first-half purchase submitted only 6/27, shipped 6/29, went from pending to posted on 7/1 (but dated as 6/29), credit posted on 7/1, was able to use second $50 credit a week or two later
  • Purchases by Additional Card Members (both the $175 Plat-colored and free Gold-colored) will be reimbursed also, but only up to an aggregate $50 per Account.
CAUTION: A note about Saks online shipping (particularly if ordering very close to the end of June or end of December):
Online orders do not charge until shipped. Many items are carried in-stock by Saks and eligible for ShopRunner shipping - data points suggest that these will charge and ship quickly.
However, many other items on Saks(dot)com drop ship from the manufacturer. For these, expected delivery dates may not be reliable, are not guaranteed, and orders cannot be cancelled easily.
If you place an online order close to the end of an Amex credit period, there is a risk that your item may not ship (and Amex will not be charged) until after the end of the credit period.

Note on shipping & billing times: If a product shows that ShopRunner shipping is available, it is shipped by Saks and is likely to ship and bill quickly. If there's no ShopRunner option, it is likely drop-shipped from the manufacturer meaning the shipping date and actual charge date will be further out.

Things known to count for the credit:
  • Merchandise purchased in Saks stores or online
  • Physical gift cards purchased in-store
  • Physical gift cards purchased online (min $150)
Things that do not get reimbursed:
  • e-gift cards (these are fulfilled by a different vendor)
  • anything bought at "Saks Off 5th" (however, you can use a Saks gift card at Off 5th...)
Print Wikipost

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2020, 7:30 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by zip10001
11% cash-back @ Saks using the shopping portal Rakuten.
-OR- 11 Membership Rewards points: Earning Amex MR points through Rakuten (ebates) [Consolidated]
Old Dec 18, 2020, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
How many days does it take to credit if you bought an in-store gift card. I’m at four days now, and no credit.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 8:38 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
How many days does it take to credit if you bought an in-store gift card. I’m at four days now, and no credit.
Update: looks like my credit posted three days after the purchase. Thanks for the tips everyone
Old Dec 19, 2020, 8:47 pm

Got myself two of those Michael Aram's flower design plates.
Had to try again and again since they were "Limited Inventory" and out of stock a few times so I lost the x16 cashback and settled for x11 after placing a few reorders.
Did get x16 MR on a $10 spatula though.

All in all, really useful.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 10:14 pm

For amex credit, I don't have any Saks fifth ave stores nearby where I live. Is it possible to order a $50 physical gift card through phone and have it delivered by mail ? If this is not possible, is it possible to pay for the $50 physical gift card by phone and have some else (like a friend) who lives near a Saks location pick it up and then mail it to me ?
Old Dec 21, 2020, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Totally blew it. Didn't realize that that $75 gift card had an expiration date of 12/20.

You win this round Saks!
Old Dec 21, 2020, 10:47 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sampathkumark
For amex credit, I don't have any Saks fifth ave stores nearby where I live. Is it possible to order a $50 physical gift card through phone and have it delivered by mail ? If this is not possible, is it possible to pay for the $50 physical gift card by phone and have some else (like a friend) who lives near a Saks location pick it up and then mail it to me ?
You'll likely be the first data point for something like that. Call the store nearest to your friend and ask.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 10:51 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

FYI, for anyone who doesn't have a store near them, with Vegas trips planned. There is a Saks in the Fashion Show Mall right on the Vegas strip. Really easy place to get to if you're staying on the North end of the strip from Caesars up to Wynn. Some good cheap food options up that way to make walking a mile for a giftcard worth it.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 10:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
Totally blew it. Didn't realize that that $75 gift card had an expiration date of 12/20.

You win this round Saks!
Wow!
Old Dec 21, 2020, 9:37 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K/ One World Emerald
Just order what you want online from the saks.com website. I've always gotten my $50 credit via AMEX that way, I usually just have some makeup shipped to me.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 8:44 am

I guess I’m gonna buy another $50 card right after the first of the year, then use both at Saks fifth off to take advantage of the after Christmas sales. In Palm Desert Saks fifth off it’s just around the corner from Saks
Old Dec 22, 2020, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by NationalChamps2015
You'll likely be the first data point for something like that. Call the store nearest to your friend and ask.
Called them. Hard to make them understand what I wanted. The lady, directed me to online, then offered e-gift cards etc. Then she directs me to Saks off fifth nearby to order Saks fifth ave gift cards. After a lot of explanation, at the end she directs me to the gift card dept in store which didn't pick up.

Will try again and post if I figure out
Old Dec 22, 2020, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Sharice SB
Just order what you want online from the saks.com website. I've always gotten my $50 credit via AMEX that way, I usually just have some makeup shipped to me.
Yeah, probably what I will end up doing. Thanks.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 9:36 am

Yeah, probably what I will end up doing. Thanks.
I would do that quickly so you take avantage before December 31 shipping. I think what you’re trying to do with the gift cards online, or calling will not work
Old Dec 23, 2020, 9:36 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern

You win this round Saks!
This happened to me last year - I emailed customer service and explained that I unexpectedly had to travel and was unable to shop within the time frame specified on the gift card and they sent me a replacement card with no expiration date!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.