Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$50 statement credit for purchases made at Saks. Enrollment required prior to purchase.
  • This benefit is available twice a year, once from Jan-Jun and once again from Jul-Dec.
  • Use it or lose it, does not rollover or accumulate. There is no "meter" to track how much you've spent. Check your statement for credits.
  • Per AMEX CS chat the transaction date is what determines whether a purchase is reimbursed from the Jan-Jun benefit or the Jul-Dec benefit.
  • Actual experience from 2019: first-half purchase submitted only 6/27, shipped 6/29, went from pending to posted on 7/1 (but dated as 6/29), credit posted on 7/1, was able to use second $50 credit a week or two later
  • Purchases by Additional Card Members (both the $175 Plat-colored and free Gold-colored) will be reimbursed also, but only up to an aggregate $50 per Account.
CAUTION: A note about Saks online shipping (particularly if ordering very close to the end of June or end of December):
Online orders do not charge until shipped. Many items are carried in-stock by Saks and eligible for ShopRunner shipping - data points suggest that these will charge and ship quickly.
However, many other items on Saks(dot)com drop ship from the manufacturer. For these, expected delivery dates may not be reliable, are not guaranteed, and orders cannot be cancelled easily.
If you place an online order close to the end of an Amex credit period, there is a risk that your item may not ship (and Amex will not be charged) until after the end of the credit period.

Note on shipping & billing times: If a product shows that ShopRunner shipping is available, it is shipped by Saks and is likely to ship and bill quickly. If there's no ShopRunner option, it is likely drop-shipped from the manufacturer meaning the shipping date and actual charge date will be further out.

Things known to count for the credit:
  • Merchandise purchased in Saks stores or online
  • Physical gift cards purchased in-store
  • Physical gift cards purchased online (min $150)
Things that do not get reimbursed:
  • e-gift cards (these are fulfilled by a different vendor)
  • anything bought at "Saks Off 5th" (however, you can use a Saks gift card at Off 5th...)
Print Wikipost

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2020, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by lax01
Highest cash-back offer I've seen on a certain site - starting in Rak - 16%

Just bought a $50 cutting board (forgot Saks has home goods and their prices aren't actually that insane when compared to Amazon) - $54 total with tax - $50 credit - 16% cash back = money maker
Thanks for the heads-up! Blows away the usual high of 10%.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 9:03 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Has anyone returned an item using ShopRunner? Is it as straight forward as shipping it back using ShopRunner's label, or do I need to talk to Saks for anything?
Old Dec 3, 2020, 12:31 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Returns should always be sent to the retailer that you ordered from, and are never sent to ShopRunner's headquarters.

To download the return label from our website, please follow these steps:
  1. Sign into your ShopRunner account.
  2. Click “My Account” in the top right corner of the screen.
  3. From the drop-down, click “Orders.”
  4. Click “Print Return Label” next to the order.
  5. Select the reason for the return from the drop-down menu.
  6. Click “Print Return Label.”
If no button to print your label is visible, that means the store handles returns on their site, however all return fees will still be waived for ShopRunner orders.

If you are trying to print additional labels for an order that has already had a return, please contact us and we would be happy to issue additional labels with unique tracking numbers. Please do not reuse or print multiples of the same label.

Please note: We have noticed some issues printing labels from older versions of Internet Explorer and Edge. Please use a different browser or contact us for further assistance.
https://srshoprunner.zendesk.com/hc/...s/360035906874
Old Dec 3, 2020, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
$50 GC bought in store credited a couple days ago. BAU. In fact since I tapped to pay, it triggered an additional $2 back thanks to an Amex Offer I'd forgotten about, which gives $2 back for every contactless payment up to $10. Whoop dee do....

cfischer and rasheed like this.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I’ve never taken advantage of this. However, I was just wandering around in Palm Desert and there was a Saks popped in got a $50 gift card. Mind you I have a second home here and it’s so easy so I figured I’ll take advantage of this and do it again right after New Year’s.. I did look online and it says I was enrolled I guess I must’ve signed earlier when I read about it here on FT. Happy Holidays!

Last edited by Flying Machine; Dec 15, 2020 at 2:48 pm
Old Dec 15, 2020, 11:06 pm

Highest cash-back offer I've seen on a certain site - starting in Rak - 16%

Just bought a $50 cutting board (forgot Saks has home goods and their prices aren't actually that insane when compared to Amazon) - $54 total with tax - $50 credit - 16% cash back = money maker
What cutting board was it? I don't see any $50 ones on the Saks website.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by compddd
What cutting board was it? I don't see any $50 ones on the Saks website.
https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/prod...-88798179.html

there's also a small one: https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/prod...-88798177.html
Large One: https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/prod...088798182.html

Pretty similar price to Amazon too - so its not like they are ripping you off
Old Dec 16, 2020, 10:18 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....there's also....
All three sizes show: This item is sold out. Get notified when it becomes available.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 11:05 am

Thank you sir! Gonna go for the largest one once it's available again.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by mia
All three sizes show: This item is sold out. Get notified when it becomes available.
Hah, totally missed that small text
Old Dec 16, 2020, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by mia
That's happened to me a few times, and within a few days it's back in stock. You just have to add your email address to be notified. When it's really completely sold out you won't even have an option to get notified.
mia likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 3:09 pm

Just remember not to cut it too close to end of year - especially if ordering multiple items - I got burned last time doing that when they didn't ship and didn't charge the full amount before the end of the period
mia likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:16 pm

Programs: All main US FF programs basic level
I ordered a week ago. Shipping date said Dec 14th and now says Dec 17th. But actual Saks charge disappeared entirely from my Amex online statement after saying "pending" for a few days.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by zanzibar
I ordered a week ago. Shipping date said Dec 14th and now says Dec 17th. But actual Saks charge disappeared entirely from my Amex online statement after saying "pending" for a few days.
Yeah, they put a hold on the card when you order but don't actually push the charge until it ships....
Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
11% cash-back @ Saks using the shopping portal Rakuten.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.