Search

Amex Platinum delivery time UK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Amex Platinum delivery time UK

Hi all,

I called Amex on Thursday after having not heard back about my application, the person at new accounts told me they had approved my account and the card was sent out the day before (Wednesday).

I received the Priority Pass card in the post on Saturday, but still no Amex (that's fine - the guy told me up to 5 days).

However, I've just received their welcome email this morning telling me that my account has been approved and the card will be within me within the next 10 days.

Is the email just late? And which timeframe is more realistic for delivery - 5 or 10 days?

Looking forward to all the perks of Amex, but the communication hasn't been the clearest so far!

Thanks for the help
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: Amex Platinum
I had an email saying you would receive your card within 10 days recently - but I already had the card!

I received the priority pass and the card in the post the same day - mine was an upgrade from gold however. I would probably give it a couple of days and then ask them to send out another.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 4:48 am
rum

Programs: Amex MR, A3, BAEC
Originally Posted by fireanwater1
I had an email saying you would receive your card within 10 days recently - but I already had the card!

I received the priority pass and the card in the post the same day - mine was an upgrade from gold however. I would probably give it a couple of days and then ask them to send out another.
Yup same here.

Don't worry about the email - it's never in sync with the card and PIN delivery date.

It has been anything from 3 to 7 days for me from day of approval, although most likely 4-5 days.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Just for future reference if anyones stumbles upon this thread, I received my Amex card on Tuesday... so that's 6 days but actually only 3 business days as the Monday was a bank holiday!

Thanks for the help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.