Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum rental car benefits?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Platinum rental car benefits?

Hi all,
One of the benefits of the personal platinum card is rental car upgrades at Hertz, or elite program status at National. I have no idea how to utilize these benefits. Both of them say that you need to enroll in the program using a special code, but I am already a member of both programs. How should I proceed from here?

The Hertz benefit page also supplies a CDP number. I made a test booking at hertz.com using this number and the booking made no reference to any free upgrade.

Many thanks for any pointers from anyone who might have taken advantage of this benefit.

Thanks,
saunders111
Old May 10, 2019, 4:39 pm

It's a "time of rental" upgrade, subject to availability. You have to claim it when you pick up the car.
Old May 10, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Log in to your AMEX Platinum card account. Go to "benefits". Scroll down to "car rental privileges". Choose your program and click on "enroll now". You should be prompted to enter your Hertz/Avis/National account number which, in turn, should update/upgrade your status in those programs.

I enrolled in National's program and received Executive Elite status via my Platinum card benefits. Once confirmed, I then emailed Hertz with my National electronic "membership card" and asked for a status match to Hertz President's Circle, which Hertz granted for 14 months.

(My first rental (at IAH) I paid $99 for a three day weekend mid-size car and chose a Chrysler 300 for the same rate.)
Gasolin likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Log in to your AMEX Platinum card account. Go to "benefits". Scroll down to "car rental privileges". Choose your program and click on "enroll now". You should be prompted to enter your Hertz/Avis/National account number which, in turn, should update/upgrade your status in those programs.

I enrolled in National's program and received Executive Elite status via my Platinum card benefits. Once confirmed, I then emailed Hertz with my National electronic "membership card" and asked for a status match to Hertz President's Circle, which Hertz granted for 14 months.

(My first rental (at IAH) I paid $99 for a three day weekend mid-size car and chose a Chrysler 300 for the same rate.)
Thanks for the instructions.

Strangely, on my Platinum card benefits page, it only lists Emerald Club Executive status as a benefit, not Executive Elite status. (And when I clicked through to gain the status, I only got Executive status at National.) Is this a benefit downgrade since you signed up for all this, or am I missing something critical?

Thanks,
saunders111
Old May 13, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by saunders111
Thanks for the instructions.

Strangely, on my Platinum card benefits page, it only lists Emerald Club Executive status as a benefit, not Executive Elite status. (And when I clicked through to gain the status, I only got Executive status at National.) Is this a benefit downgrade since you signed up for all this, or am I missing something critical?

Thanks,
saunders111
Sorry, I don't know the answer to that question.

Also, under benefits there should be three different companies listed. You would click on each separately to go to the enrollment page for each individually.
Old May 13, 2019, 1:27 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
It look as as if Executive has been the status level offer by National to USA cardholders:

Upgraded AMEX Platinum Benefit - Emerald Club Executive Status
Old May 13, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by saunders111
Strangely, on my Platinum card benefits page, it only lists Emerald Club Executive status as a benefit, not Executive Elite status.
Fairly certain the Plat benefit for National Emerald Club has only been Executive, at least as long as I've had the Plat.
Old May 13, 2019, 10:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Free Range Airline Chicken
At some point in the last year there was a temporary way for Platinum cardholders to be upgraded to ExecutiveElite if you went through some gyrations. I dimly remember doing it, and I am Executive Elite with National in Spite of having only a single digit number of rentals from them in the past two or so years. The opportunity to grab this extra upgrade has ended now.

‘’Some quick googling found the actual offer. It is more recent than I expected, but still appears to be over.

https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...ecutive-elite/
Diplomatico and saunders111 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.