Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Closed Everyday card to make room for Hilton, risky?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Closed Everyday card to make room for Hilton, risky?

Hi everyone,

Looking for some advice as I'm worried I committed the cardinal sin with Amex. I currently have the *limit* of 5 personal credit cards with Amex, but had recently applied for one of the Hilton cards. I got a call today that in order to process, they needed to close one of my other accounts due to the limit. Without checking when I had opened them, I said they could close my Amex Everyday card as I haven't used it much other than a few monthly subscriptions, etc.

After I hung up, I logged in and saw that I opened the card roughly 11 months ago. Does anyone have reports of the RAT team closing/freezing accounts because of this, especially on a card such as the Everyday that has no AF? Kicking myself as I could've waited until October to close the card. I'm also not sure if the terms when I applied for it had the new language; any way to check that?

Thanks for any insight!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:04 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
I did something similar: in order to make room for Hilton Aspire, I closed my Hilton Ascend card of less than a year old (converted from Citi Reserve). My accounts are still alive and kicking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.