Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$150 Annual Credit to Plat (for being a Corp card holder)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 12, 2021, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
Personal Card Annual Credit

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/gcpadvantage/login/
Print Wikipost

$150 Annual Credit to Plat (for being a Corp card holder)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2021, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
I think the ask is whether having the that particular corporate card qualifies for fee credit on personal cards hotbird may have; not asking for a credit to the corporate card.

My suggestion is to plug the corporate card number into the following site

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...vantage/login/
Perhaps, but I wasn't aware that there was a "Business Platinum + Corporate" card. I thought these were only versions:
  • Corporate Green
  • Corporate Gold
  • Corporate Platinum
  • AA Business Extra Corporate
  • Corporate Meeting
  • Corporate Purchasing
The first 3 should give the credit for personal cards, but I have no idea if the other 3 would. As you said though, it should be easy enough for one of those cardholders to check for themselves.

Last edited by ebusch; Mar 17, 2021 at 10:10 am
Old Mar 17, 2021, 10:02 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by seawolf
I think the ask is ....
I think hotbird is asking if a Corporate cardholder who also holds Business Platinum, rather than a personal Platinum, qualifies for the credit.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 10:41 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I see. “Business Platinum + Corporate” as in Business Platinum and a Corporate card.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA, Chase, AMEX, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
So I got confirmed awhile ago via chat about getting the $150 credit on my Amex personal plat (even though I didn’t went through the original application) for having my corporate amex green. With this being said, should I expect at membership card year to get the credit or no? I haven’t seen any movement from regular spending the past months. Note: I opened it in November 2020, via chat was December 2020
Old Mar 31, 2021, 2:47 pm

I just received an email about this credit. Apparently it's been renamed to the "Personal Card Annual Credit".

seawolf and driptoohard like this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 4:03 pm
viz

Programs: DL DM, AC 75K, NEXUS, Bonvoy Platinum
Sounds like with this change, cobrand plats are officially not eligible:

Thank you for considering the Personal Card Annual Credit, formerly referred to as the Corporate Advantage Program - unfortunately, we've found that Schwab Platinum Card Members are not eligible for this offer at this time. We're sorry for any inconvenience or confusion this may cause.

Here's what we're doing
As a courtesy, we won't make any changes to credits you may have already received. However, we won't be able to issue you any future credits.

Last edited by mia; Mar 31, 2021 at 4:28 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Apr 1, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: UA, Chase, AMEX, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ebusch
I just received an email about this credit. Apparently it's been renamed to the "Personal Card Annual Credit".

This definitely answers my question. basically this is on a membership year basis and not calendar... noted!
Old Apr 12, 2021, 9:53 am

Hi! Anybody know if this would work with an international AMEX corporate card? Like I'm based in Singapore but kept my US AMEX platinum.. I do have the AMEX Corporate Card here in Singapore. Would love to get the credit still.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 11:08 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by gablaze23
Hi! Anybody know if this would work with an international AMEX corporate card? Like I'm based in Singapore but kept my US AMEX platinum.. I do have the AMEX Corporate Card here in Singapore. Would love to get the credit still.
Check the URL in the wiki to confirm eligibility.
Old May 14, 2021, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
So I just called in to enroll. Process was quite easy, took maybe 20min on the phone to get it all set up, read the disclosures, etc.

Some caveats:
Existing Amex Gold card AF posted in December
Corp Card was activated in January
New Platinum Card AF posted in April

Platinum card was eligible for $150 credit (will post within 8-12 weeks).
Gold card was ineligible because the AF posted prior to my Corp Card activation/membership, so no statement credit for 2020, but will receive one for 2021 (again, 8-12 weeks after Gold card AF posts).

All in all, if this comes through, this is a pretty significant savings!
Old May 15, 2021, 7:25 am

My $100 credit finally posted as "PERSCARD ANNUAL CREDIT", exactly 60 days from the date of my AF.
I just logged into my account and noticed that I received a second $100 credit yesterday. This time it was labeled as “ Corporate Advantage Program”. Has anyone else gotten two?
Old May 17, 2021, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
I'm assuming co-branded platinums are not eligible? I called and asked and the rep said no. I have the MS version.

Edit: I see a few posts above cobranded are out. Bummer.
Old May 27, 2021, 6:19 am

I just logged into my account and noticed that I received a second $100 credit yesterday. This time it was labeled as “ Corporate Advantage Program”. Has anyone else gotten two?
So to follow up on this, I received the following email from Amex last night:
Old Jun 28, 2021, 5:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
I called earlier today to enroll my new Platinum Card for the $150 credit for also having a Corporate Card (on which I pay another fee). The agent did some research and then told me that I was not eligible because my company did not allow this credit. Could this be true or simply a case of trying to get me off the phone? I did point out that this offer was under my "Benefits" tab online but he said that is just a generic message for all Corporate cardholders and getting the credit is subject to the actual terms and conditions. FWIW, I applied separately to get the 125K offer and not through the link on that page which only offered 75K at the time.

Anyone have a similar experience where they were denied this credit?
Old Jun 28, 2021, 8:00 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
I called earlier today to enroll my new Platinum Card for the $150 credit for also having a Corporate Card (on which I pay another fee). The agent did some research and then told me that I was not eligible because my company did not allow this credit. Could this be true or simply a case of trying to get me off the phone? I did point out that this offer was under my "Benefits" tab online but he said that is just a generic message for all Corporate cardholders and getting the credit is subject to the actual terms and conditions. FWIW, I applied separately to get the 125K offer and not through the link on that page which only offered 75K at the time.

Anyone have a similar experience where they were denied this credit?
there is a Amex link in this thread for you to enter your corporate card number to confirm eligibility.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.