Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$150 Annual Credit to Plat (for being a Corp card holder)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 12, 2021, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
Personal Card Annual Credit

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/gcpadvantage/login/
Print Wikipost

$150 Annual Credit to Plat (for being a Corp card holder)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2020, 6:27 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
One data point for me here: I didn't call back to get it again this year because well, I was a bit lazy.
However today, I noticed a credit of $150 called PERSCARD ANNUAL CREDIT.

I am supposing that this is a recurrent credit then, right before my renewal date or something. Anyway, good to see it's automated.
FlyingHighlander and gooselee like this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Originally Posted by Gasolin
One data point for me here: I didn't call back to get it again this year because well, I was a bit lazy.
However today, I noticed a credit of $150 called PERSCARD ANNUAL CREDIT.

I am supposing that this is a recurrent credit then, right before my renewal date or something. Anyway, good to see it's automated.
Did you get the credit before the AF hit your card or after ? The language seems to indicate the credit should hit after the renewal AF hits. I have a Gold card that i requested to be enrolled into the corporate advantage program in May and at that time they also give me a $100 credit. My renewal AF on the Gold just hit so i'm wondering if I'll need to request it manually again some time next year or does it automatically apply
Old Dec 17, 2020, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by caesarsalad
I had a credit manually applied to my Platinum (Dec 2019) and Gold (Jan 2020). Both renewed in June 2020. When I called for retention offers, was offered 30K MR for Platinum and 10K MR for Gold with no spend. In separate chats with CSRs, I was told both cards are enrolled in the program.
Did you get the credits also in June/July after the AF hit ? If so, was it automatic or did you have to ask ?
Old Dec 17, 2020, 9:14 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Originally Posted by arshi007
Did you get the credit before the AF hit your card or after ? The language seems to indicate the credit should hit after the renewal AF hits. I have a Gold card that i requested to be enrolled into the corporate advantage program in May and at that time they also give me a $100 credit. My renewal AF on the Gold just hit so i'm wondering if I'll need to request it manually again some time next year or does it automatically apply
I got it almost a year after. My renewal is in Jan, and I got it in Nov.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:00 am

The AF just posted on my Gold card's November statement, and the $100 credit has not year appeared. Through chat I was informed that "Your Corporate Advantage Program is still active, and you can expect your statement credit to be posted within 8-12 weeks from the annual fee charge date". I fully expect to be contacting chat in another 12 weeks to get it manually applied once again this year. I wish they would just discount the AF directly and save all of us the hassle.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 9:27 am

Programs: UA, Chase, AMEX, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
So I'm learning about all this now. Does enrollment hurt my MSR for my SUB for the 100K/10x Grocery/10x Gas offer (I'm thinking no, but wanted to see what everyone's saying)? I was on the phone to ask if I can enroll in the corporate advantage program and was met with a $55 charge to earn MR points on my AMEX personal Plat. Not sure I'm doing this right. Might need some help
Old Dec 18, 2020, 9:50 am

Programs: UA, Chase, AMEX, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
nevermind, they're on it.

Originally Posted by driptoohard
So I'm learning about all this now. Does enrollment hurt my MSR for my SUB for the 100K/10x Grocery/10x Gas offer (I'm thinking no, but wanted to see what everyone's saying)? I was on the phone to ask if I can enroll in the corporate advantage program and was met with a $55 charge to earn MR points on my AMEX personal Plat. Not sure I'm doing this right. Might need some help
Okay read a little more and tried the chat feature. They're processing the request for me... wish me luck.

EDIT: chat function worked. All set!!!

Last edited by driptoohard; Dec 18, 2020 at 11:38 am
Old Dec 20, 2020, 8:27 am

Programs: UA GS, EK Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Avis First, Hertz Pres Club
Have a Corporate Green and don't have a personal Plat today, but being offered the $150 statement credit + 60K MR for new application.Does applying through this program result in the same ebenefits on the card as the public $550 card? I cannot see the $200 airline credit in my offer.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 9:09 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by catchgops
.... I cannot see the $200 airline credit in my offer.
Did you click through to the terms: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...card/36182-9-0
Old Dec 20, 2020, 9:27 am

Programs: UA GS, EK Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Avis First, Hertz Pres Club
Thanks! The terms do include it. Strange it's not in the marketing copy on the main page. That said, might it be better to apply for the public offer and get 75K/100K points and request the credit retroactively since existing card holders also seem to be receiving the $150 statement credit?
Old Dec 20, 2020, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Thanks! The terms do include it. Strange it's not in the marketing copy on the main page. That said, might it be better to apply for the public offer and get 75K/100K points and request the credit retroactively since existing card holders also seem to be receiving the $150 statement credit?
yep, that is the better approach
Old Dec 20, 2020, 2:04 pm

Thanks, cfischer !
Old Dec 20, 2020, 2:45 pm

Okay, that didn't go as planned. First, I tried applying for the public offer through a referral link, for 100K MR points. Once I hit submit, I got a warning that 'Based on X, Y, Z you are not eligible for the welcome offer. We have not checked your credit, You can cancel now and we will consider the application withdrawn'. I did just that.

Then I tried through the Corporate Advantage offer and got the exact same message. To even get this offer, I had to first enter my corporate card number. So, I am not sure why I am being denied the welcome offer after being presented one.

Have a FICO of 770+.
Have 3 primary Amex credit cards - The Bonvoy regular, Hilton regular and Blue Cash
Have 2 secondary - Bonvoy Brilliant, Hilton Surpass
In the last 24 months, have only applied (and been approved) for one other card (Chase Preferred)
Have never held or cancelled any other Amex card
Used to have the Corporate Platinum Card which my company downgraded to Green after Amex increased annual fees from $395 to $550.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening and if there is any way around it?

Last edited by catchgops; Dec 20, 2020 at 3:12 pm
Old Dec 20, 2020, 3:45 pm

Okay, that didn't go as planned. First, I tried applying for the public offer through a referral link, for 100K MR points. Once I hit submit, I got a warning that 'Based on X, Y, Z you are not eligible for the welcome offer. We have not checked your credit, You can cancel now and we will consider the application withdrawn'. I did just that.

Then I tried through the Corporate Advantage offer and got the exact same message. To even get this offer, I had to first enter my corporate card number. So, I am not sure why I am being denied the welcome offer after being presented one.

Have a FICO of 770+.
Have 3 primary Amex credit cards - The Bonvoy regular, Hilton regular and Blue Cash
Have 2 secondary - Bonvoy Brilliant, Hilton Surpass
In the last 24 months, have only applied (and been approved) for one other card (Chase Preferred)
Have never held or cancelled any other Amex card
Used to have the Corporate Platinum Card which my company downgraded to Green after Amex increased annual fees from $395 to $550.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening and if there is any way around it?
That does sound a bit unusual. You don't seem to have any AmEx charge cards but you do seem to have 5 AmEx credit cards. I'm not sure if that's what is causing the issue. You can call and check if its just "too many cards on your account". Usually AmEx limit is 4 or 5 credit cards and 10 charge cards. I'm assuming that you don't have balance or debt on your existing cards.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 4:55 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by driptoohard
Okay read a little more and tried the chat feature. They're processing the request for me... wish me luck.

EDIT: chat function worked. All set!!!
How long did it take for credit to appear? I requested via chat 3-4 weeks ago. Still don't see the credit. Had no issue last year using chat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.