Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$150 Annual Credit to Plat (for being a Corp card holder)

$150 Annual Credit to Plat (for being a Corp card holder)

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 12, 21, 3:07 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: seawolf
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 20, 19, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC; Global Entry; TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by caesarsalad View Post
Contrary to earlier posts, Amex CSR said he could apply the annual statement credit to my existing personal card.

Recently got the Corporate Green Card through my new employer but have both the personal platinum and gold cards. Called the Amex number on the back of my corporate card to ask about the program and if I could have the annual credit applied to either existing card. CSR said he linked my platinum account and processed the statement credit. Should post within next 3-4 business days and every December thereafter.

Reached out later in day through Amex chat for written confirmation. CSR confirmed through chat that statement was applied and should post in a few days. Will update when/if credit posts.
Interesting. Let us know if it posts. I wonder if Amex are starting to relax on this. It certainly was silly for people to have to close an account and reopen to get the credit.
Old Dec 20, 19, 6:33 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / AF Silver
Contrary to earlier posts, Amex CSR said he could apply the annual statement credit to my existing personal card.

Recently got the Corporate Green Card through my new employer but have both the personal platinum and gold cards. Called the Amex number on the back of my corporate card to ask about the program and if I could have the annual credit applied to either existing card. CSR said he linked my platinum account and processed the statement credit. Should post within next 3-4 business days and every December thereafter.

Reached out later in day through Amex chat for written confirmation. CSR confirmed through chat that statement was applied and should post in a few days. Will update when/if credit posts.
Ah so I will try to reach out to the CSR of my corporate AMEX card then too! That would be perfect.

Edit: Did the same and called, said 72h so will update the post when the credit post.

Last edited by Gasolin; Dec 20, 19 at 8:27 am
Old Dec 20, 19, 8:27 am

Statement credit posted in less than 24 hours but not with the "Corporate Advantage Program credit" designation. Instead was marked as "CR ADJ FOR BILLING INQUIR". Hopefully, it's the same thing and will happen every December as the CSR said.

gooselee and Gasolin like this.
Old Dec 27, 19, 9:08 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
thanks for the update! i did this via chat in like 5 mins! what a nice change! I was going to to cancel and reopen like they told me to in jan!
Old Dec 27, 19, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
So I just asked about this via chat as well. Agent responded that my Plat was already enrolled in the Corp Advantage Program and should result in a $150 credit every year at renewal.

Note that I hadn't taken any action before this other than going to this page (https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...gin/?eep=36010) a few weeks ago, entering my corp card info, and getting a bunch of new application offers which I didn't click on.

Without prompting, the agent also said they were going to check on my credit for this year (my AF hits in March). A few minutes later they came back and said they would manually issue the $150 credit for 2019. Took a few more moments, then confirmed. And also reconfirmed that they had entered a request for renewal so that the credit applies automatically going forward.

I'm actually quite hopeful this will automatically apply again in March, but either way I'm $150 ahead of where I was 10 minutes ago!
Old Dec 27, 19, 11:57 am

Ooh, thanks for this! I just asked through online chat, and they processed the credit for me. She said it would take 24-48 hours to post. When I asked if it was set up to be an annual recurring credit, she had to go back and check, but confirmed that this has been taken care of. So hopefully it is! I'll report back when it posts. This takes off the sting a bit from the $200 airline credit that I'm going to lose...
Old Dec 27, 19, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by suziemay View Post
Ooh, thanks for this! I just asked through online chat, and they processed the credit for me. She said it would take 24-48 hours to post. When I asked if it was set up to be an annual recurring credit, she had to go back and check, but confirmed that this has been taken care of. So hopefully it is! I'll report back when it posts. This takes off the sting a bit from the $200 airline credit that I'm going to lose...
I also just asked for the $150 credit through online chat and was successful. When the chat started I think they misunderstood me and told me to call the corporate card team and gave me their number. I had to make it clear I was looking to have the credit applied to my personal platinum account. They told me the credit would post on my next statement. I asked if it would post automatically annually in the future and they said it might not, but they would "complete the survey and note my account" and if it doesn't post again in 12 months I should call in. Didn't really make sense to me but I let it go.

Edit-
My credit posted 3 days after my request:

Last edited by FlyingHighlander; Dec 31, 19 at 11:04 am
Old Dec 31, 19, 10:14 am

Similar DP - I already had personal Schwab plat long before I got a Corporate card. They were able to offer a credit when I did Amex app online chat last night for $150 or 12k MR. Since I could cash out at 1.25 via Schwab anyway, I chose the points. They also mention 24-48 hours for it to appear, but I already see it pending in my Membership Rewards history statement.
Old Dec 31, 19, 11:22 am

This posted the next day, noted as "CR ADJ FOR BILLING INQUIR". Not so confident that this will automatically post next year, but I have set a reminder to check so hopefully it will be honored. I couldn't figure out how to save the chat transcript, maybe I should go back and take a screen shot!
Old Dec 31, 19, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
This posted the next day, noted as "CR ADJ FOR BILLING INQUIR". Not so confident that this will automatically post next year, but I have set a reminder to check so hopefully it will be honored. I couldn't figure out how to save the chat transcript, maybe I should go back and take a screen shot!
That is how mine posted as well (also I think someone posted similar upthread and I found a reddit thread with the same).

I think they have to manually push through the first one if it's off-cycle, and then put in a request for the recurring one at the card anniversary. Hopefully we'll see some data points over the coming months as people start hitting their regular card anniversaries. Mine is March; will try to come back and update if I still remember this thread in 3 months.

I also couldn't find a way to save the Amex chat so ended up just grabbing a pile of screenshots.
Old Dec 31, 19, 12:51 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Bonvoy Ambasador, Hilton diamond.
I received a $100 credit towards my gold card under this program after learning of its existence and calling customer service. THANK YOU FT for $100!

...it looks like it wont post automatically in my case but customer care quickly and painlessly posted a $100 credit.
Old Jan 7, 20, 6:35 pm

Since we did it manually, can we do this twice? aka, can we have one credit for plat and apply for one the gold - the 250 AF has been making me not want to get it
Old Jan 7, 20, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bbmatt View Post
Since we did it manually, can we do this twice? aka, can we have one credit for plat and apply for one the gold - the 250 AF has been making me not want to get it
I don't think it would matter if you opened cards and obtained the $150 Plat credit, and $100 Gold credit, automatically. They are separate products and (at least for the offers I have available) Amex are willing to offer both cards/credits.
I'm also tempted to get a Gold due to this offer.
Old Jan 8, 20, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander View Post
I don't think it would matter if you opened cards and obtained the $150 Plat credit, and $100 Gold credit, automatically. They are separate products and (at least for the offers I have available) Amex are willing to offer both cards/credits.
I'm also tempted to get a Gold due to this offer.
I think the T&Cs are that you apply this once...
Old Jan 8, 20, 12:08 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Bonvoy Ambasador, Hilton diamond.
To follow up on my original post. You can call the 800 # on the back of your corporate card and ask that your personal gold/plat be linked for the credit under CAP (corporate advantage program). The representative I spoke with knew exactly what I was asking about and assured me that the credit will now appear annually every January.

Search this Thread