Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$150 Annual Credit to Plat (for being a Corp card holder)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 12, 2021, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
Personal Card Annual Credit

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/gcpadvantage/login/
Print Wikipost

$150 Annual Credit to Plat (for being a Corp card holder)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Originally Posted by david22
Amex just posted a $150 credit to my Platinum account that is marked as a "Corporate Advantage Program (CAP) credit".

I looked around a bit, and it is supposedly for people who work for a company with corporate cards or have signed up on some offer with CAP credit terms. I work for a very large company, but my corporate card is a Visa. Also, I applied for my Platinum via a standard 100k MR points offer mailed to me last year.

So anyone know why I might get this credit? (not complaining...)
You should feel lucky. My corporate card number is eligible according to the link, but it requires me to re-apply.
I wish they just apply it.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Just to add to what others have experienced- Amex also told me I'd need to apply for a new Plat to get the $150 credit (I have a corporate green amex).
Old Nov 11, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Well, well,well. I don't get out much anymore but this is ridiculous.

My most recent Amex Plat (personal card) bill shows a $150 "Corporate Advantage Program" credit. This is the first time I've ever seen such a thing. I called Amex, and the representative just said what the posts above have said. So not much info.

But, more to the point, that's all 100% incorrect -- at least for me. Although I do own a small business that I incorporated a couple of years ago, I most certainly don't have a "corporate" card of any kind. And I most certainly haven't applied for one. Not now, not ever.

Anyway, I guess this takes some of the sting out of the annual fee and the loss of the American Airlines annual gift card opportunity.

And I suppose this should, from now on, be annual. For that, I guess I'll see. Posting time s/b renewal fee posting date plus 86 days, or so I'm told.

I suppose it's possible that the credit might be reversed, but I'd be surprised.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by FallenPlat
Well, well,well. I don't get out much anymore but this is ridiculous.

My most recent Amex Plat (personal card) bill shows a $150 "Corporate Advantage Program" credit. This is the first time I've ever seen such a thing. I called Amex, and the representative just said what the posts above have said. So not much info.

But, more to the point, that's all 100% incorrect -- at least for me. Although I do own a small business that I incorporated a couple of years ago, I most certainly don't have a "corporate" card of any kind. And I most certainly haven't applied for one. Not now, not ever.

Anyway, I guess this takes some of the sting out of the annual fee and the loss of the American Airlines annual gift card opportunity.

And I suppose this should, from now on, be annual. For that, I guess I'll see. Posting time s/b renewal fee posting date plus 86 days, or so I'm told.

I suppose it's possible that the credit might be reversed, but I'd be surprised.
You mean you saw the program advertising in the monthly statement? It's the same for me, but only, I am still required to reapply so it doesn't work for me. They should just offer to enroll in a link and verify that I already have a card, and process the "discount" for my existing card.

Edit: oh wait, you got the credit! I didn't get the credit at all, that is... unfortunate I guess. Good for you!
May I ask you when you got your annual payment? Was that a couple of weeks ago?
Old Nov 11, 2019, 1:59 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... don't have a "corporate" card of any kind. And I most certainly haven't applied for one. Not now, not ever.
This is a pretty good indication that it's an IT error, and will likely be reversed. (In this context, Corporate has nothing to do with the legal form of a business, only the annual turnover.)
Old Nov 11, 2019, 6:32 pm

You may be right, but the credit posted October 2 (as I said, 86 days after my annual fee), which is a long time ago. Plus, frankly, $150 just isn't that much money and so has a pretty good chance to fly under the radar in any event -- like gift cards back in the day.

Again, we'll see.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Anything's possible. I was never charged the $175 to add 3 additional cardholders to my Plat account.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
Anything's possible. I was never charged the $175 to add 3 additional cardholders to my Plat account.
Never? Or just not the first year?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:56 am
mia

Mistakes happen:

AMEX Plat (USA) supplementary card renewal fees not billed.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gasolin
Never? Or just not the first year?
Never. Although I did close the additional cards after 18 months (my only real purpose for them was to get 3 x Global Entry credits for my family).
Old Nov 13, 2019, 7:20 am
mia

... long time ago. Plus, frankly, $150 just isn't that much money ....
Yes, if this was an isolated data entry error, but if it was a programming error that awarded $150 to thousands of accounts it will eventually be found and corrected for the future. Might also be reversed, depends whose budget is impacted.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:27 am

I don't disagree but if there were some sort of major programming error at work here, experiences similar to mine would be splattered all over this thread. And they aren't. I'm alone.

So unless a few otherse chime in with experiences like mine, I'll remain very cautiously hopeful . . .
Old Nov 20, 2019, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Just discovered this via an email I got at work about "new" corporate card benefits.

I have a Corporate Green Card from work that I barely use, and also a personal Platinum Card. Both accounts have been open for 7+ years.

I guess I'll also give it a shot. Seems like a hassle to apply for a new platinum and close this one, but for $150/year I'll do it.

Ironically, by Amex not making it easy to just apply to an existing account, I'll probably also use this as an opportunity to double up on the first year airline fee credit by getting the new card in November/December. =P
Old Nov 30, 2019, 11:07 am

Corporate Advantage Retention Offer?

Has anyone signed up through the Corporate Advantage program gotten an Amex Platinum retention offer?
Old Dec 19, 2019, 10:51 pm

Contrary to earlier posts, Amex CSR said he could apply the annual statement credit to my existing personal card.

Recently got the Corporate Green Card through my new employer but have both the personal platinum and gold cards. Called the Amex number on the back of my corporate card to ask about the program and if I could have the annual credit applied to either existing card. CSR said he linked my platinum account and processed the statement credit. Should post within next 3-4 business days and every December thereafter.

Reached out later in day through Amex chat for written confirmation. CSR confirmed through chat that statement was applied and should post in a few days. Will update when/if credit posts.
gooselee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.