Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for some Guidance on PLAT

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2018, 10:41 am

For me its just a pricy lounge card. If you are always flying AA, it most likely does not economic sense. I get a lot of use out of the PP, while others don't and the Centurion in DFW.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 10:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by TomBrady
Another Question about the concierge and benefits, and the international airline program. Are the flights really that much cheaper by booking through them? I’m not going to lie, most of my international travel is booked in coach, or upgraded by miles. I don’t have $5000 a ticket lying around for paid F/J class. Is the concierge able to book really hard to get reservations?
No and no. Forget that whole part of the card.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, MR AMB + (LTT) , Hertz PC, UA Silver, HH Gold
Hey Guys.

Just to update everyone. I ended up getting the card. I'm going to give it a year tryout. I was going to get the ameriprise version of the card for the free first year. However Mrs. Brady told me (aka ordered) that if we were going to do it, might as well get the bonus offer. Essentially the 550 fee for the 60000 points. So ill give it a go for a year and see what happens. Thanks for all the responses. Ill update the board later with my thoughts after using. After reading here, however I dont have high hopes for concierge aspect.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 11:22 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by TomBrady
Hey Guys.

Just to update everyone. I ended up getting the card. I'm going to give it a year tryout. I was going to get the ameriprise version of the card for the free first year. However Mrs. Brady told me (aka ordered) that if we were going to do it, might as well get the bonus offer. Essentially the 550 fee for the 60000 points. So ill give it a go for a year and see what happens. Thanks for all the responses. Ill update the board later with my thoughts after using. After reading here, however I dont have high hopes for concierge aspect.
The concierge was able to get me reservations at The French Laundry for our 10th wedding anniverary. I had tried for my 5th anniversary on my own and was a miserable failure. A call 2 or 3 months ahead of time to the concierge, and I had my reservation! So no it isn't hopeless, but when I tried to get help to see Hamilton, the concierge told me he was manually checking Ticketmaster.

And I think you made the right choice going for the regular one with the annual fee that earns 60k miles; I wasn't going to post it before since you were leaning against, but the card more than pays for itself in the first year:
$200 2018 airline credit
$200 2019 airline credit
$200 Uber eats
$100 Global entry (if you and your wife have it, you can use the credit for a friend or family member)
$150 Saks (Aug 2018, Jan 2018, July 2018).
=$850 in credits, plus 60,000 miles worth anywhere from $600 (gift cards) to $2000 (approx one-way business class price USA-China)
IndyHoosier likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.