Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM; DL PM
Arrow Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

The Los Angeles Times has this story today, which claims Amex will open a Centurion Lounge at LAX (in the Tom Bradley International Terminal) "next year":

American Express to open premium airport lounge at LAX's Tom Bradley International Terminal
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:20 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Some information was reported in April:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/centur...s-angeles-lax/
jhartvu likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Interesting... I wonder where it will be located. I thought all the lounge space at TBIT were taken. I was not expecting the Amex lounge at LAX until MSC opens in 2020.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:42 pm

i hear all the seating is full already
Old Jun 12, 2018, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

centurion cardholders get free membership (discounted not free bookings) at The Private Suite, first VVIP terminal in US
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:47 pm

Big Mistake! Big!! CENTURION LOUNGE at Bradley international behind security. So lets see if I have this correct. 1. Amex promotes their intl companion and first class discount program sold via amex travel and those come with airline lounge access already based on the airline you are flying. 2. The Centurion Lounge is in Bradley so it makes domestic travel visits difficult. BRILLIANT BRAVO (sarcasm intended) NO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT OVER CROWDING AMEX. I think Amex should hire a five year child for better decisions.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by cplush
i hear all the seating is full already
When will reservations for toilet stalls open?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Centurion
The Centurion Lounge is in Bradley so it makes domestic travel visits difficult.
TBIT can be accessed behind security from Terminals 4-5-6-7, so 5 of the terminals can get to the Centurion Lounge after security. The Delta Clubs can be accessed in terminals 2-3. So only Terminal 1 is left out. Plus TBIT is carrier agnostic.
jhartvu and 355F1 like this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
TBIT can be accessed behind security from Terminals 4-5-6-7, so 5 of the terminals can get to the Centurion Lounge after security. The Delta Clubs can be accessed in terminals 2-3. So only Terminal 1 is left out. Plus TBIT is carrier agnostic.
T2 and T3 also have airside shuttle bus access to TBIT, so truly only T1 is left out.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Centurion
Big Mistake! Big!! CENTURION LOUNGE at Bradley international behind security. ... I think Amex should hire a five year child for better decisions.
Well where would you suggest they put it, if not at TBIT? Amex has shown time and time again that they like to put these lounges where they are accessible to as many flyers as possible, and if they preference non-DL flyers that seems to be another correlation. As others have mentioned placing it at TBIT makes it accessible to ~50% of the terminals at LAX via airside walkways, there are 2 Skyclubs in T2 and T3 for the Platinum cardholders flying DL (and even then there is the DL airside shuttle bus to TBIT if you care that much), so really it's just WN flyers left out in the cold at T1.

When I'm at LAX I'm usually flying AA or UA so the location works fine for me. The subterranean walk is always good for getting my daily steps in!
jhartvu likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Originally Posted by wrp96
T2 and T3 also have airside shuttle bus access to TBIT, so truly only T1 is left out.
I believe T1 has shuttles to TBIT now. At least I thought I saw a sign.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Having a Centurion lounge at LAX is kinda dumb due to the terminal layout. But at TBIT is extra dumb. Certainly all the Centurion members already have access to some or all of the existing airline clubs there, either through the card or other memberships or the fact that most of them fly business and first class on international flights. That can go for many Platinum members too. So I actually doubt this club will be overcrowded unless they decide to let Platinum members bring in large families. Most people will still go to the airline club. And even with a connecting walkway, that's a long hike from the other terminals. Or is LAX going to install more moving walkways?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:04 pm

I think TBIT is actually the best place to put an Amex lounge at LAX. Easy access via T4.

PP access to various lounges have limited hours so this is going to be used a lot. The KE lounge in TBIT doesn't open in the morning and Alaska lounge in T6 often closes due to capacity, so if you have morning AA/AS/HA/B6/UA/AC flights right now, there is actually no lounge access on the south side of LAX.

DL fliers are already sitting pretty with access to T2 and T3 Delta lounges. The only one left out in the cold will be Southwest T1 fliers.

Also, just to correct some misconception in the thread... TBIT sees plenty of domestic departures already due to AA and DL having access to shared gates. LAWA said up to 20% of the aircraft movements at TBIT is domestic right now. And it will see A LOT more domestic departures once MSC opens in 2020 and LAWA moves the T5 tenants to TBIT and give AA preferential use to 4 TBIT gates.
Statman and jhartvu like this.

Last edited by bzcat; Jun 13, 2018 at 12:13 pm
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Well where would you suggest they put it, if not at TBIT?
They could just put it in here. Equal opportunity for all terminals.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
They could just put it in here. Equal opportunity for all terminals.
A lounge before TSA? Sure...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.