Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
That's an embarrassingly bad lounge! I'm shocked that SkyTeam would permit a lounge at a premier international airport where the only food is ramen in a cup!
Funny you say that, I was just looking for lounge options at LAX and saw this:
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
Yeah, no KLM lounge at LAX. They use the KAL lounge ... I started at T2 to use the Delta SkyClub there to avoid the KAL lounge. It's space is ok, but the food is very lackluster (best thing is the Korean instant Ramen, that I personally buy, but it's $1.50)
Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
That's an embarrassingly bad lounge! I'm shocked that SkyTeam would permit a lounge at a premier international airport where the only food is ramen in a cup!
Particularly since *A and OW have especially excellent lounges at TBIT.

I bet AF gets lots of passenger complaints.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:45 pm

the KAL lounge has small sandwiches, wraps and rolls. Ramen in a cup is not the only food.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Statman
the KAL lounge has small sandwiches, wraps and rolls. Ramen in a cup is not the only food.
That's not really a good defense for the primary lounge for a global alliance in an important international airport though. For a random Priority Pass lounge, small sandwiches and ramen in a cup might be alright, but for the only Skyteam lounge at LAX besides the 2 Skyclubs that are in the other corner of the airport and not readily accessible by people who don't know the intricacies of LAX airside transport, I'm not sure that makes the cut. And I say that as an accidental Delta elite, and even then I won't make the trek to TBIT if I'm on that side of the airport. I'd rather play PP roulette at the Alaska Lounge or go to the United Club.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Yeah there are many joint Skyteam lounges around the world that are a clear 3rd place to Star and OW. However at each of these ST lounges the complimentary drink options are still better than any Amex Centurion lounge.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stimpy
Yeah there are many joint Skyteam lounges around the world that are a clear 3rd place to Star and OW. However at each of these ST lounges the complimentary drink options are still better than any Amex Centurion lounge.
Ok. Help me out here. I just don't follow. Amex Centurion Lounges feature, for example, Bulleit bourbon which retails for ~$20 for a 750 ml here in Texas and is usually objectively better than Jack Daniels, which is the well in DL Skyclubs. I'm not arguing that Skyteam lounges are worse than Star and OW lounges. In fact I'd generally agree with you that they are! I'm disagreeing that ST lounge drink options are better than what Centurion Lounges provide. This is a picture I took of the bar at the Skyteam lounge at PEK earlier this year. When this is what they have for their top tier customers...

Old Jun 21, 2018, 7:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Statman
So you're both saying you'd choose the KE lounge at TBIT over the new AMEX Centurion? Enjoy, guys.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
So you're both saying you'd choose the KE lounge at TBIT over the new AMEX Centurion? Enjoy, guys.
I am not saying that. The Amex Centurion will be the lounge of choice for me at LAX.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Right, no one said that.

However it depends on time. If I have just 15-20 minutes I can go to any lounge and chug some vodka to destress before my flight. Aside from DL, the ST airline lounges are free pour. No waiting on bartenders.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
While everyone wants something for nothing...I really don’t get the negativity towards Centurion lounges here. Better food, better booze, and more chill staff than”dragons” at other lounges. In what alternative world is a new Amex lounge at LAX worse for travelllers?
krazykanuck and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 4:46 pm

What ST lounge has better booze then Centurion, because I have not been in one that does.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but does anyone have opening timeframe for this lounge?
mctravel1 likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by marconess
Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but does anyone have opening timeframe for this lounge?
I'm sure if there had been any news, somebody would have posted it in here. Personally I haven't heard an updated or specific timeframe.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 6:21 pm

Well I was finally able to use the KAL Lounge (restricted open hours for Priority Pass) a couple of weeks ago...pretty sad lounge. Centurion Lounge can't come fast enough
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
any news on the potential opening date?
mctravel1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.