Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2019, 12:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by OUTraveling
Per Glassdoor it seems that they are now hiring for the LAX Centurion Lounge. This makes me think that they will open at the very latest Q1 of 2020. Looks like my nearest major international airport will finally have a Centurion Lounge and we can talk about lounge crowding at another airport!

Link:
https://www.glassdoor.com/Job/jobs.h...ocId=&jobType=
Seems the hours of the lounge have been revealed as well in those links:

Lounge Hours of operation are from 5:30a 10:00p local time. Candidate must be able to work between these hours and days. Hours are subject to change due to business need.
Statman, kirkwoodj and cuthroat like this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by beckoa
Seems the hours of the lounge have been revealed as well in those links:

Lounge Hours of operation are from 5:30a 10:00p local time. Candidate must be able to work between these hours and days. Hours are subject to change due to business need.
I hope this means they end food service at 10 and not kick everyone out at 10. Many redeye flights to the East Coast and Asia leave after 10.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 12:15 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
10 pm is like peak hour at TBIT with something like 12 widebody departures to TPE, HKG, and Australia from 10 PM to 1 AM... it will be really odd if Amex decides to close the lounge at that time.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Spoke with one of the staff at the DFW lounge and they mentioned that the LAX lounge will open in Feb 2020 over two floors, so not too long to go!
Old Dec 7, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Originally Posted by Taijavuh
Spoke with one of the staff at the DFW lounge and they mentioned that the LAX lounge will open in Feb 2020 over two floors, so not too long to go!
Stumbled across it on my last visit to TBIT. Good to see it will be over the two floors. Looks like it will be nice.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:52 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriot Gold
I was there in late November and could not find where it is being built

Originally Posted by marconess
Stumbled across it on my last visit to TBIT. Good to see it will be over the two floors. Looks like it will be nice.
I was in TBIT in late November and walked around looking for it being built. I saw no signs or anything. I walked or took the escalator up the stairs to where the other nice lounges are but could not locate anything. Was hoping to take pics to update the board but found nothing.

Where did you come across it at inside of TBIT?

Thanks,.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 2:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Taijavuh
I have a layover mid February, I might just visit there, but so far I like Delta Sky Club better than centurion. But, maybe this one will be better.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:14 am

Programs: ex-United 1K, now a Private Pilot! :)
Man, I have a layover in February and March! Really looking forward to this being built!
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by WillTins3
I was in TBIT in late November and walked around looking for it being built. I saw no signs or anything. I walked or took the escalator up the stairs to where the other nice lounges are but could not locate anything. Was hoping to take pics to update the board but found nothing.

Where did you come across it at inside of TBIT?

Thanks,.
Actually came across it accidently while walking from TBIT to the AA terminal. There is a sign that says Amex lounge coming soon. Yes it's over two floors.
I've kinda put a pin where I think it rough was (bare in mind this was on Nov) so sorry if I'm a bit out.
Statman likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:59 pm

Maybe in the space I circled in red? It is a stacked space on both level so that checks out to what marconess said.

I don't recall off the top of my head what's there now but LAWA didn't identified it as a potential lounge space before.

The "future lounge" space on Level 6 is the shared airline lounge right now.
Statman likes this.

Last edited by bzcat; Jan 9, 2020 at 5:22 pm
Old Jan 10, 2020, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by bzcat
Maybe in the space I circled in red? It is a stacked space on both level so that checks out to what marconess said.

I don't recall off the top of my head what's there now but LAWA didn't identified it as a potential lounge space before.

Yes that's exactly where it is I think! Dam wish I'd taken a photo.

There wasn't any evidence of what it was before, just a Amex sign saying coming soon.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 2:05 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite

That's not where it is. It's the irregular rectangular area across "future lounge". You can see the space on the left when you go cross the bridge after security in TBIT. It spans across two levels(L4 & L3) and the main entrance is on L4.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by eddiehuang97
That's not where it is. It's the irregular rectangular area across "future lounge". You can see the space on the left when you go cross the bridge after security in TBIT. It spans across two levels(L4 & L3) and the main entrance is on L4.
The "irregular rectangular area" is an atrium that allows sun light into the lounge. It's literally a hole in the building that goes down to departure hall level (L4). Also L3 is sterile area in TBIT so you can't have a facility that is open to departing passengers.

You can see it in this photo below... the angle of view is OneWorld First Class lounge looking at the SkyTeam Lounge entrance across the atrium.

Another angle of the "irregular rectangle" atrium

Edit: found map of Level 4 and a great photo of the atrium.

Last edited by bzcat; Jan 13, 2020 at 11:45 am
Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
The "irregular rectangular area" is an atrium that allows sun light into the lounge. It's literally a hole in the building. Also L4 is the main departure hall and L3 is sterile area in TBIT. All the lounge are located on L5 or L6.

You can see it in this photo below... the angle of view is OneWorld First Class lounge looking at the SkyTeam Lounge entrance across the atrium.

Another angle of the "irregular rectangle" atrium

Correct myself here -- what I mean is Amex will take over the space directly below Qantas lounge for two floors -- however space per floor will be smaller because of the security checkpoint(same level)
Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:53 am

But the space below QF lounge is currently TSA security checkpoint and retail. I'm having trouble seeing where the lounge will fit.

I figured it out... and Eddie is probably right... there is an empty space below QF lounge on Level 2-3 and 4. Level 2-3 is the arrival level that is otherwise sterile. But as you can see in the photo below, it is physically segregated from the arrival walkway.

This photo is taken from Level 3 (arrival level). You can see the space to the right that sits below QF lounge that is empty that actually reaches down all the way to Level 2.

The floating walkway in the photo is Level 4 (departure level) from TSA checkpoint to the main departure hall.

QF First Class lounge is Level 5 - right side top row window.

On the left side, you can see Level 4, 5, and 6 which are behind the glass window.

Here are all three floors stacked together for better view. Including the atrium that goes thru all 3 floors.

Where ever it is located, I look forward to using it...

Last edited by bzcat; Jan 13, 2020 at 12:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.