Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge LAX TBIT (opened March 9, 2020; reopened June 15, 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2020, 9:36 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Oh great, I will be there this week, hopefully can take some pictures and update here. I feel this lounge is going to be a zoo, but with circumstances how they are now, it might actually be not so overcrowded.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by S.R
Looks like its actually opening on Monday, TPG got their usual early access: https://thepointsguy.com/news/amex-c...e-los-angeles/
That is a really nice lounge. Can't wait to check it out soon!
Old Mar 6, 2020, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Bloomberg News also reporting Monday opening date now:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-against-chase
Old Mar 6, 2020, 10:13 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
Honestly, It looks small. I wonder why they can't turn the fourth-floor hallway into lounge space as well.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 10:22 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by eddiehuang97
It looks small....
The LAX lounge will be AmEx’s 12th and its most ambitious yet, spanning roughly 14,000 square feet (1,300 square meters), with access from five terminals.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-against-chase
Old Mar 6, 2020, 11:15 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
I know how big it is, but given the number of people going to use it, it will be over-crowded soon.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 4:40 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Featured on Flyertalk's Home Page: https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/w...-it-opens.html
Old Mar 9, 2020, 10:37 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K/ One World Emerald
Spa Services

If anyone happens to go this week- can you find out what the massage/spa services policy is? Is it first come first served? If so how long was the wait? Can you reserve these services in advance somehow?
Old Mar 9, 2020, 11:49 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Looking forward to checking this location out on Saturday!
Old Mar 9, 2020, 12:01 pm

Decided to check it out before my flight home, here right now and notice a few things.​​​​​​

1. It feels and is bigger than the pictures look, there's lot of different places to sit, there's an entire "cafeteria" room where its just tables and chairs for people to sit and eat. Then of course you have the bar/lounge area, more open seating, working spaces with "sound dampening booths", a multi-purpose room with toys for the kids and the "nighttime" and "daytime" rooms. All in all it has good capacity, though I'm not sure how busy it's gonna be, my only comparison to another centurion lounge is SFO and this is WAY bigger than SFO.

2. There's limited cell reception, I think this space is so new and the terminal itself still has parts under construction so it weary of that. It drops in and out for me (roaming on AT&T). The AMEX wifi isn't working yet either but the LAX Free Wifi reaches here but depending on where you are in the lounge it can be a little spotty. Hopefully they can get the cell reception issue fixed soon.

3. The spa isn't available when I checked in but maybe later in the afternoon. Sounds like it'll just be first come first served, maybe a wait list but not sure. I see people prepping in the room and there's 3 chairs for chair massages.

4. Apparently due to the Coronavirus they are serving people at the food-bar instead of self-serve. It seems to be okay because there's almost nobody here (<20 people), I'm not sure how that is gonna work when it gets really busy, it'll likely create a huge line.
mia, Statman, krazykanuck and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by WJ_Fan_147

2. There's limited cell reception, I think this space is so new and the terminal itself still has parts under construction so it weary of that. It drops in and out for me (roaming on AT&T). The AMEX wifi isn't working yet either but the LAX Free Wifi reaches here but depending on where you are in the lounge it can be a little spotty. Hopefully they can get the cell reception issue fixed soon.
Also an issue at TBIT Star Alliance lounge.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 4:15 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Also an issue at TBIT Star Alliance lounge.
Would LOVE to hear a comparison of these two lounges as we have a SQ flight coming up in June and I've never been to the Star Alliance lounge as I always fly OW and am always spoiled with the QF FC Lounge at LAX.

(We can access either as we are flying in J on SQ and I have an AMEX PLT card)
Old Mar 9, 2020, 6:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by WJ_Fan_147
There's limited cell reception, I think this space is so new and the terminal itself still has parts under construction so it weary of that. It drops in and out for me (roaming on AT&T).
Cell coverage at LAX in general can be really bad (at least for AT&T). It's particularly awful in T6, for example, where I've found it almost impossible to complete calls.

So they really need to get their wifi up and running!
355F1 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Sharice SB
If anyone happens to go this week- can you find out what the massage/spa services policy is? Is it first come first served? If so how long was the wait? Can you reserve these services in advance somehow?
No I don't think you can reserve in advance. They keep it open so they can serve Centurion members who walk in.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 9:13 pm

I went right at opening this morning to get some pictures and talk to staff. Surprisingly, there were only about a dozen people there at opening -- I kind of expected to see more bloggers clamoring for a review on opening day. I guess they probably get early access preferential treatment and didn't need to wake up at an ungodly hour this morning like us regular folks.

Overall I was really impressed at how big the lounge was -- it's nearly 14,000 square feet so the pictures really don't do it justice. I'd say it competes pretty decently with the oneworld business lounge. Easily my favorite Centurion so far. A few highlights:

- huge shower rooms but only 2 of them. I don't know why they decided to have only 2 shower rooms and such small bathrooms for this lounge. Doesn't make sense to me.
- spa wasn't yet set up but the room was large
- breakfast bar had some really nice food offerings. Wasn't self serve, though

Here's a really crappy illustration of the lounge layout. It's basically a big U shape.

Someone above mentioned cell reception and WiFi -- they don't have WiFi set up yet but I speedtested at 60mbps on LAX Free WiFi -- more than sufficient IMO. Good luck reserving a shower, too - there are only 2. They're really nice, but it's going to be tough to get into one. Even at 6:30 this morning, both got claimed almost immediately.

It takes forever to upload photos here but you can see the rest of them on my site if interested. I posted a full review here. I'm rebuilding my website for the next week or so, so if it's down for you just check again later.
Statman, kirkwoodj, bzcat and 3 others like this.

Last edited by 30k; Mar 14, 2020 at 1:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.