Wiki Posts
Search

(CANADA) AMEX card replacement timeline

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
(CANADA) AMEX card replacement timeline

It took exactly 7 calendar days (5 business days) for my replacement Platinum card to arrive by Expresspost to my Canadian address. My previous card was compromise by fraud.

The AMEX rep during the initial contact told me they would courier it out and I would have it in 48 hours.....LOL.

I informed him that I was going on a 6 week international travel schedule and not having my
card would be unacceptable if it did not arrive in
time. It was finally in my mailbox yesterday, and I am typing this post from the lounge in YYC right now.

Terrible customer service for a premium card
Issuer.......which is apparently unique to AMEX Canada. I would have been willing to pay out of pocket for said "courier" if they would have informed me truthfully of what was to actually occur.

Last edited by KDS777; Jun 5, 2018 at 11:01 am
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:02 pm

That's odd. Every time i've replaced my card the new on arrived within 48 hours by express post or FedEx.

Are you rural by chance?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:06 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Earlier (2012-14) discussion here:

Amex Platinum Emergency Card Replacement [Canada vs others]
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
I live in one of the largest cities in Canada.......no carrier pigeons or dogsleds required to get here.......heh.

And yes I searched, but was not about to revive a 4 year old thread either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.