Help! Cannot transfer my MR to SPG

Old Apr 29, 18, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Angry Help! Cannot transfer my MR to SPG

Hi,
Not sure if anyone has had this issue before, but I am hoping someone out there can tell me what to do. I have tried for 2 days to transfer my MR to SPG with no success. Originally, I could not even link my accounts because the names wouldn't match. After several calls to Amex and SPG I made sure the changes were made so both of my names are exactly the same. After this, I was able to finally link my account. Unfortunately, even with the accounts linked, every single time I tried to make a transfer (or MR people do it on the phone) it seems it goes through just to get rejected almost immediately. I keep getting a "Points Credited: Cancelled Partner Transfer"
I have tried to delink and relink the accounts multiple times. I have been on the phone with AMEX for at least 3 hours and have talked to countless people. They are all surprised and keep telling me they have never seen this before. They have asked me to call SPG (which I had in multiple occasions), to see if it is on their end. They cannot offer any solution.
I did call SPG and made sure my name was correct. As expected they do not see any activity in my account, as the rejection comes almost immediately. They do can see, however, that both my accounts are linked (MR to SPG) but they have no idea why th epoints are not being transferred. They can't do anything on their side since they do not even see the points coming and getting rejected on their end.

Has this happened to anyone? What did you do? Is this related to the name change? People at Amex told me to wait a full day (which I did from yesterday to today) and still not luck. They said it may take even longer for the name change to flow through their tools. I am not convinced that is the reason, because if it was really a name issue, I would not be able to link the accounts, as it happened at the very beginning when in fact the names did not match. I just ran out of options.

What suggestions do you have? I need those points to make a booking and I am short on time

One last thing, what recommendations can you give me to request some MR compensation for all this trouble? So far and after 3 hours on the phone and multiple agents, no one has actually offered some compensation for all this trouble. I want to ask, but not sure how to do it or if I need to request to talk to someone in particular

Thanks for your help

P.S, I did find this post on TPG but there was no solution to be found. Seems this person had a similar issue and it didnt get resolved
Old Apr 29, 18, 5:07 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Companies often perform system maintenance on weekends, and the most senior agents seldom choose to work on weekends. If you have been attempting to do this on the weekend, the first thing is to wait until a business day and try again. If it still fails you could call during normal business hours, or you could contact one of the official Starwood representatives who participate in the SPG forum.
Old Apr 29, 18, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Thank you Mia. I will try again tomorrow, nevertheless, I can't believe that no one (at least I talked to 8 different agents) have a clue of what is going on.
Old Apr 30, 18, 7:52 am

Agents are typically told what they need to know to do their job, they often arent told of behind the scenes changes (hence we get the culture of "computer says no") even if it may impact service. Often even if they are told the what they arent told the why.

I had all sort of trouble getting my SPG and AmEx to transfer initially, it did come down to a mismatch in some of the personal information they use to confirm the that its your own account you're transferring it to. Once I had all details matching and gave it 2 working days for any overnight batch processes to happen I tried again and it went through as if there was never a problem.
Old May 3, 18, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Guys, it has been a week and still no solution. I really ran out of options. Amex has said they would follow up with me, and of course they have not. Any recommendation?
Names between accounts match perfectly.
Thanks
Old May 3, 18, 9:24 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by Carlos_OL View Post
...Any recommendation?
Contact one of the official SPG representatives in the Starwood forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/memb...od-lurker.html

Search this Thread
Search Engine: