Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

New and refreshed Amex SPG/Bonvoy cards - August 2018 & February 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 28, 2018, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Existing and new SPG cards as of August 1 2018

The Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (Legacy SPG AMEX Card) $95 fee
  • 6X Marriott Bonvoy points on eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
  • 2X Marriott Bonvoy points on all other eligible purchases.
  • 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.
  • Complimentary Silver Elite Status, with an opportunity to earn Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status after making $35,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
  • 15 Nights Elite Credit (Non Stackable)

Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card (Legacy SPG AMEX Business Card) $95 fee ($125 starting from 3/28/2019)
  • 6X Marriott Bonvoy points on eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
  • 4X points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping
  • 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.
  • Additional Free Night after $60K spend
  • Complimentary Silver Elite Status, with an opportunity to earn Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status after making $35,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
  • 15 Nights Elite Credit (Non Stackable)
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card (Legacy SPG AMEX luxury card) $450 annual fee
  • 3X Marriott Bonvoy points at at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines.
  • $300 MARRIOTT BONVOY STATEMENT CREDIT each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
  • 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.
  • COMPLIMENTARY GOLD ELITE STATUS with your Card. Earn Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status after making $75,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year
Print Wikipost

New and refreshed Amex SPG/Bonvoy cards - August 2018 & February 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Pro, Marriott Platinum, Sonesta Preferred
Did the 15 elite night credits go away?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:51 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by NJFlyer_HOHO
Did the 15 elite night credits go away?
No. Did you see something in the T&C that causes you to think that?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:04 am

AMEX Marriott/Bonvoy Cards Details Link

https://credit-cards.marriott.com/en...&lk=1000310278
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
No. Did you see something in the T&C that causes you to think that?
No, I just haven't seen the nights credited to my account.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:19 am

Invalid link. Do not work.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Link works for me
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:38 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Discussion of the Bonvoy branded cards starts at post 350.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
No, I just haven't seen the nights credited to my account.
​​​​​Coincidentally, the T&C contains an answer to your dilemma @:-)

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...0/#offer-terms

"Each calendar year a maximum of 15 Elite Night credits will be credited to one of your Marriott Loyalty Program accounts ... on or before March 1"
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:31 am

what are we looking at? UK cards not changing.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:12 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK
UK cards not changing.
Not yet.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:58 pm

Ah. Great. Thanks for that. It's just weird that in prior years, I would have already gotten those nights credited. It is almost Feb and I still haven't seen them yet. So, it's just a little concerning. I wonder if anyone received those nights yet?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:14 pm

Ah. Great. Thanks for that. It's just weird that in prior years, I would have already gotten those nights credited. It is almost Feb and I still haven't seen them yet.
I was relatively late to the SPG AMEX so I only got those once, but I think you are right that the 5 nights/2 stays did post closer to Feb 1. But that was in the past

So, it's just a little concerning. I wonder if anyone received those nights yet?
I don't think anyone has reported such. IMO the language in the T&C seems pretty clear, such that personally I wouldn't worry until March 2nd, and honestly the way post-merger IT has been going I wouldn't be completely shocked if it took another week after that, but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised
NJFlyer_HOHO likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:15 pm

I just got the Amex SPG card ($95 annual fee) with a 75k point offer. Once the updated Amex Bonvoy comes out (with the 100k offer), I can apply for that and receive that bonus too right?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:20 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by WantsAmex
I just got the Amex SPG card ($95 annual fee) with a 75k point offer. Once the updated Amex Bonvoy comes out (with the 100k offer), I can apply for that and receive that bonus too right?
Almost certainly no. Amex, Chase and Marriott have put all sorts of rules in place to limit people from double-dipping on Marriott card bonuses. So it will depend what the terms & conditions of the Bonvoy offer are but most likely they'll exclude people who have recently gotten an SPG card bonus and/or who currently hold a Bonvoy card, which you will since the SPG card will automatically convert.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:37 pm

so should I apply for the Amex SPG Luxury card now? Based on this language I should be able to get a bonus for the regular Amex SPG and the SPG Luxury. I was planning to wait for the 100k offer from the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card (rebranded SPG Luxury)

Starwood Preferred Guest Luxury Card

The new rules on the SPG Luxury card state that…

“You are ineligible for the welcome offer if any of the following are true:

Currently have or have had any of the following Cards in the last 30 days
  • The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card from JP Morgan
OR have acquired any of the following Cards from Chase in the last 90 days
  • The Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase
  • The Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card from Chase
  • The Marriott Rewards Premier Business Credit Card from Chase
OR have received a welcome or upgrade offer for any of the following Cards from Chase in the last 24 months
  • The Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase
  • The Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card from Chase
  • The Marriott Rewards Premier Business Credit Card from Chase”

Starwood Preferred Guest Card

On the basic personal SPG Amex card, the new rules state…“You are ineligible for the welcome offer if any of the following are true:

Currently have or have had any of the following Cards in the last 30 days:
  • The Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase ($85)
  • The Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase ($95)
  • Marriott Rewards Credit Card from Chase ($45)
  • The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Credit Card from JP Morgan ($450)”

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.