Weird AMEX transaction........thoughts ?

Old Apr 12, 2018, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Weird AMEX transaction........thoughts ?

Bought a Rolex at my jeweller 2 weeks ago. Used my AMEX "Simply Cash" card instead of my Platinum AMEX, because the 2% cash back was a better value on a 10K charge, than MR points.

All is well, right ?

The charge is approved and it also hits my account in the online app.

Today I check my accounts to pay them off and the charge is gone.

MIA....no where to be found.

Call AMEX and there has never been, nor are there problems with my accounts now. They say it was put thru as a pre-auth which drops off after 72 hours.........I called and my jeweller says they don't do that, and my other purchases there with AMEX have been fine.

Going to go there tomorrow and re--run the charge.......very weird.

Last edited by KDS777; Apr 12, 2018 at 4:47 pm
Old Apr 12, 2018, 4:40 pm

I think it would just post in a day or two. This happens with some merchants / transactions. Give it another day or two.

And if you _might_ be getting a free Rolex ... why go and have them rerun the charge without being asked lol
Old Apr 12, 2018, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Well........it has been two weeks already and my full credit limit is available on that card again. AMEX credit department says I'm fine.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 5:05 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by KDS777
...my jeweller says they don't do that,....
It sounds as if the jeweler, or their processor, missed a step to finalize the pending transaction.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Yeah I don't disagree, but everything is automated, so it struck me as odd.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 7:53 am

Ask the Jeweler check his bank acct if that transaction for deposited. Or if he can look at his merchant statement to see if the charge is there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.