Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge DEN [Opened 1 February 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
How big are the clubs at DFW and Miami for comparison?
Even after expansion MIA is only 12,000 sqft. I can't find a number of DFW but that's got to be the largest. The press release for DEN notes that it will be the second largest club in the network.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Glad to see this product continuing it's expansion ^
Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:54 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by txflyer77
Even after expansion MIA is only 12,000 sqft. I can't find a number of DFW but that's got to be the largest. The press release for DEN notes that it will be the second largest club in the network.
Largest I believe will be the JFK one. But don't quote.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 6:27 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Correct, JFK will be 15,000 square feet:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ng-2019-a.html
Old Apr 13, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
DFW and Miami are packed and they're decent sized. Miami is often oppressively packed, as is the smaller Seattle club, Wouldn't think there were that many platinum members
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:23 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by txflyer77
I can't find a number of DFW but that's got to be the largest.
DFW is 9,000 sq. ft. The new location, allegedly opening by the end of September, will be 12,000 sq. ft.

Last edited by dayone; Jun 26, 2018 at 12:11 pm Reason: Update expected opening.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
Yesterday I looked around talk to few people construction has not started. I looks like they are gong to tear out some office to put this lounge in.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by MileHighColorado
Yesterday I looked around talk to few people construction has not started. I looks like they are gong to tear out some office to put this lounge in.
Any idea where in C it'll be? I hope it's near the tram station and not halfway down the concourse.
seacarl likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:10 am

Any update on when ground break is?
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: MR Platinum Premier
I had a spare moment over the weekend while I was flying out and I went to the C Concourse to see if I could find any indication of construction or even where they might be putting the lounge in. Based on my walk around the concourse, I did not see any evidence of construction of the lounge, either in the central hub area of the concourse, nor anywhere else further down the sides. It appears that the lounge would almost have to be in the central hub area (Upper Level) compared to either side of the concourse due to space considerations, but as of right now, the upper level of Concourse C is primarily offices and training areas.

EDIT: Based on the pictures here: https://thepointsguy.com/news/amex-c...on-lounge-den/, it appears that the Denver Centurion Lounge will not be in the central hub, but rather one of the upper areas on either side of the terminal gate areas. That being said, neither of those spaces were under construction as of October.

Last edited by GTJoe; Nov 4, 2018 at 7:26 pm Reason: Clarifying statements
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dayone
The new location, allegedly opening by the end of September, will be 12,000 sq. ft.
I was at the IAH Centurion Lounge today for breakfast and overheard one of the FLIK managers talking with a couple people, seemingly a lounge guest and the bartender. He was saying that he was working on the DEN lounge as well and they expect it to open late Q3/early Q4 2019. I also caught a bit of the conversation that there seemed to still be a bit of squabbling behind the scenes as to which actual square footage the new lounge would take from, which correlates with the idea that it will replace office space and they're trying to figure out who will be moving. As with anything airport construction I'll be happy if this thing opens in cal. 2019.
mia, cuthroat, IndyHoosier and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:38 am

2019 is here, and so we wait
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:30 am

Any updates on opening date? Coming up on Q2 in a couple weeks...9
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
I know someone who works for a local company trying to secure business to supply the lounge and last week she told me lounge people she is in contact with are aiming for "spring-ish" but she got the impression it was probably going to be more like "July-ish."

The vagueness of the conversation makes me think the early summer time frame is more likely.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by mpw81
I know someone who works for a local company trying to secure business to supply the lounge and last week she told me lounge people she is in contact with are aiming for "spring-ish" but she got the impression it was probably going to be more like "July-ish."

The vagueness of the conversation makes me think the early summer time frame is more likely.
Any word if the Plaza Premium lounge is going to accept AXP Plat? I know there's a broad contract in place, but DEN seems like an obvious choice for an exception given the circumstances. ....but it would be nice to have the option too go to whichever one opens first. They'll both be nice,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.