Centurion Lounge DEN [Opened 1 February 2021]

Old Jul 15, 22, 7:27 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM/Lifetime UC, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by wakesetter93 View Post
Were you there today (7/14)? DEN was a mess.
Nope!
Old Jul 18, 22, 6:10 pm

Programs: Several
Originally Posted by arshi007 View Post
Oh, that's interesting that most people didn't know it :-) I was actually told about it the first time I visited the lounge (a week after it opened) and now I usually head straight to the "beer bar" to get my cocktail unless the main bar is also free (which is increasingly rare).
That was just my observation in the lounge as I usually see the main bar with a line of people yet the beer bar will have no line simultaneously. People not knowing the beer bar is practically a full bar is my only way of explaining it.
Old Jul 20, 22, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Im sitting at the main bar right now. The wall behind the bar is now covered in construction sheeting. That wall faces the newly-opened gates on the east end of C, could Amex be planning an expansion?
Old Jul 20, 22, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by txflyer77 View Post
Im sitting at the main bar right now. The wall behind the bar is now covered in construction sheeting. That wall faces the newly-opened gates on the east end of C, could Amex be planning an expansion?
I'm actually sitting down in the new gates right now and if you walk down past the lounge you'll clearly see that it's not an expansion They're just remodeling the area where the old concourse meets the new after opening the new gates.
Old Jul 20, 22, 1:05 pm

Programs: No earned status, these days...
They would need some serious structural work to expand past the current footprint.
Old Jul 20, 22, 1:23 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium (LT Silver), AAdvantage Dirt, UA Silver, DL Silver
Originally Posted by txflyer77 View Post
I'm at that main bar every Thursday afternoon and didn't see any sign of construction last week. Would most likely be a tempoary fix of something on the back wall. The structure really can't be expanded.
Old Jul 20, 22, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Well that’s too bad.
Old Aug 18, 22, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I'm looking at a flight out of DEN at 8:02 AM, which means I should have access when it opens at 5 AM. Centurion Lounge London Heathrow was extremely strict about the 3 hours prior to departure limit. Assuming I'll have to wait until 5:02 AM for eligibility, what are the odds the lounge will be full at that time of the day? I don't want to have continental breakfast at the Hyatt Place so I want to get here early to have breakfast before flying out.

I know DEN CL closes at 9 PM. I'll actually arrive at DEN via UA2402. Assuming it lands on time, I'll have slightly more than half an hour before closure. Even though I don't depart until the next morning and I'm technically connecting, can I access the CL for a quick bite?
Old Aug 18, 22, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
I'm looking at a flight out of DEN at 8:02 AM, which means I should have access when it opens at 5 AM. Centurion Lounge London Heathrow was extremely strict about the 3 hours prior to departure limit. Assuming I'll have to wait until 5:02 AM for eligibility, what are the odds the lounge will be full at that time of the day? I don't want to have continental breakfast at the Hyatt Place so I want to get here early to have breakfast before flying out.

I know DEN CL closes at 9 PM. I'll actually arrive at DEN via UA2402. Assuming it lands on time, I'll have slightly more than half an hour before closure. Even though I don't depart until the next morning and I'm technically connecting, can I access the CL for a quick bite?
Go to your hotel for a good sleep. Between the probability of a queue to get in and the food and drink stations closing, why bother the delay?

I cannot imagine them worrying about the distinction between 8:00am and 8:02am, They don't process guests that fast.
lsquare and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Aug 18, 22, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seacarl View Post
Go to your hotel for a good sleep. Between the probability of a queue to get in and the food and drink stations closing, why bother the delay?

I cannot imagine them worrying about the distinction between 8:00am and 8:02am, They don't process guests that fast.
I know it seems ridiculous, but that's how the staff at Centurion Lounge London Heathrow treated me. Just wanted to confirm with the experts here.
Old Aug 18, 22, 8:41 pm

I don't see a problem getting in at 5am. Even if there is a queue, I don't think it will be that long. As seacarl noted, you likely won't be at an agent at exactly 5am anyway, so it will probably work out. If not, and you're on one itinerary, I bet the layover will count even if overnight.

Just FYI, you'll still only get a continental breakfast the first hour you're there. Hot food doesn't start until an hour after open. You should still have a solid hour to enjoy it, though.

For arriving, if you're seated in front, get off quickly, and aren't at the far end of B, maybe you could get there in time to grab a very quick bite (it's in C and will require a train ride). I think they'd let you in, but honestly not sure as I've never had a layover like that where I've tried it. Another option, if you just want free food, is the SweetWater Taphouse in B (where you'll fly into) which is a priority pass restaurant and they're open, I believe, until 10. I don't think they've ever checked my boarding pass, but I think you're ok regardless. You'll know right away when you check-in.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 18, 22, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DENDave View Post
I don't see a problem getting in at 5am. Even if there is a queue, I don't think it will be that long. As seacarl noted, you likely won't be at an agent at exactly 5am anyway, so it will probably work out. If not, and you're on one itinerary, I bet the layover will count even if overnight.

Just FYI, you'll still only get a continental breakfast the first hour you're there. Hot food doesn't start until an hour after open. You should still have a solid hour to enjoy it, though.

For arriving, if you're seated in front, get off quickly, and aren't at the far end of B, maybe you could get there in time to grab a very quick bite (it's in C and will require a train ride). I think they'd let you in, but honestly not sure as I've never had a layover like that where I've tried it. Another option, if you just want free food, is the SweetWater Taphouse in B (where you'll fly into) which is a priority pass restaurant and they're open, I believe, until 10. I don't think they've ever checked my boarding pass, but I think you're ok regardless. You'll know right away when you check-in.
Do you know if I have to pick up my suitcase since it's an overnight layover? seacarl's idea of going straight to the hotel is a very good idea as I intend to leave the Hyatt Place between 4 and 4:30 AM. I suppose if I don't have to retrieve my bag and recheck it in the morning, I wouldn't mind heading over to concourse C and testing my ability to enter the CL. If not, then I can try and get a cheap dinner at the SweetWater Taphouse. I guess I'll be the dp and this will be my contribution to FlyerTalk.
Old Aug 18, 22, 8:56 pm

If it's checked through to your final destination then you shouldn't have to pick it up, but of course check with the arline to confirm. The United app should tell you where it is, too (i.e. you can look to see if it is sent to the carousel).
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 19, 22, 6:42 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
I know DEN CL closes at 9 PM.....
Centurion website explains that food is put away earlier: We have a limited offering of soup or salad available from 8:30 pm - 8:45 pm.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 19, 22, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia View Post
Centurion website explains that food is put away earlier: We have a limited offering of soup or salad available from 8:30 pm (am) - 8:45 pm.
I have a hunch that's what you meant to say.

Search this Thread