Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge DEN [Opened 1 February 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2021, 6:54 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by seacarl
20 minute wait does not sound very pleasant, especially if I have limited time before a flight.
Better than reported in posts above!
Old Apr 14, 2021, 11:45 am

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Very pleasant stay on Thursday last week. 20 minute wait, great staff, enjoyed F&B as well and got work done ^
20 min wait on a Thursday ? dang the lounge is already getting crowded. What time did you go on Thursday? Might be worthwhile to start identifying "peak hours" and capture them so that we can "tame" our expectations before heading the airport.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 11:56 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by arshi007
Might be worthwhile to start identifying "peak hours".....
Goggle attempts to do this, but the DEN location seems to be too new. Below is a screen shot showing their estimate of Popular Times at MIA lounge:

arshi007 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
20 min wait on a Thursday ? dang the lounge is already getting crowded. What time did you go on Thursday? Might be worthwhile to start identifying "peak hours" and capture them so that we can "tame" our expectations before heading the airport.
Looking at my texts: checked in 5:53pm, invited in at 6:16pm. So it was 23 minutes, sorry for the horrible deception

Oops was 4:53pm & 5:16pm local time

Last edited by kirkwoodj; Apr 14, 2021 at 6:28 pm
Old Apr 14, 2021, 6:12 pm

I was also there on Thursday 4/8, at about 11:30am or so. No waiting, not super crowded.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 6:16 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

My anecdotal observations have been CLs are busy when they open through mid-morning and mid- to late afternoon. YMMV.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Looking at my texts: checked in 5:53pm, invited in at 6:16pm. So it was 23 minutes, sorry for the horrible deception

Oops was 4:53pm & 5:16pm local time
Thanks for the info. So seems like thursday evenings are "peak" hours, which i suppose isn't too surprising.

Originally Posted by gr2020
I was also there on Thursday 4/8, at about 11:30am or so. No waiting, not super crowded.
I've been to the lounge twice, both times in the morning/afternoon timeframe and had no waiting so seems like any time before 3 pm should be less busy. Atleast for now.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Was able to get in without a wait mid-day on a Tuesday (today). Nice place overall — solid food, echo the sink complaint (my hands were rubbing against the sink while rinsing), and the bartenders were very nice, the double bar is cool).

That said maybe I missed a section behind the checkin desk but it seemed much smaller than I expected given it’s the second biggest. Maybe I missed the hallway offshoots that make it bigger?

Also what is the point of a live cooking pasta bar if my only option is the menu option? Maybe that’s a COVID adaptation but he literally just picked up a plate of the already made pasta option same as if it had been at the buffet line.

EDIT: Just to add I was very impressed with their cleaning especially compared to the SkyClubs — AMEX actually committed to and executed on blocking seats and quickly cleaning up and wiping down everything

Last edited by Duke787; Apr 27, 2021 at 4:49 pm
Old Apr 29, 2021, 11:20 am

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Here now. No wait at 1045 on a Thursday. People here but plenty of open tables. Beer selection is the same as when they opened.

Mask policy is now just when moving around. Not necessary when seated.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 11:28 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by mpw81
Here now. No wait at 1045 on a Thursday. People here but plenty of open tables. Beer selection is the same as when they opened.

Mask policy is now just when moving around. Not necessary when seated.
I was definitely yelled at last week when my mask was off, sitting, and had multiple beverages by my side as I was working on my laptop. The "sir, only remove your mask while actively eating or drinking" was directed towards me multiple times.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 11:40 am

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Originally Posted by safari ari
I was definitely yelled at last week when my mask was off, sitting, and had multiple beverages by my side as I was working on my laptop. The "sir, only remove your mask while actively eating or drinking" was directed towards me multiple times.
Interesting. Must be a recent change. They didn't mention it at check in like they've made a big deal of previously. Also, literally not a single other person has a mask on while sitting down. One other note I forgot is that you seat yourself now. They do still offer to show you around if you want though.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by mpw81
Interesting. Must be a recent change. They didn't mention it at check in like they've made a big deal of previously. Also, literally not a single other person has a mask on while sitting down. One other note I forgot is that you seat yourself now. They do still offer to show you around if you want though.
Granted, there was only one specific member of the staff that kept reminding me, must have been their day off. All others seemed uninterested as you stated.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by safari ari
Granted, there was only one specific member of the staff that kept reminding me, must have been their day off. All others seemed uninterested as you stated.
Mask crusaders can be very zealous. Nobody else cares.
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by m907
Mask crusaders can be very zealous. Nobody else cares.
I’m not sure that nobody cares. Depending upon state or local mask mandates, centurion guests may care if their lounge is closed down by the health department for noncompliance.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Are the hours of the Denver club stated in the centurion lounge finder correct? And if anyone else has information on SFO, PHX, LAS That would be helpful as well. Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.