Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Signup Bonus Question: Amex Platinum Benz to Amex Platinum-Regular

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Currently an American Express PRG holder. Never held an Amex Platinum before.

Heard that amex was discontinuing Platinum Benz in 2019. I thought I'd be witty, collect the 60,000MR points signup bonus with the platinum-benz, then wait to collect the regular platinum late this year assuming a 100k signup bonus pops up.

My Fico was on the low-end (690), and I assumed the 100k regular platinum offer would only be fore the 730+ guys. That was my logic behind the application. However, now I'm reading conflicting info. I'm under the impression that you can apply for the amex platinum-regular, get the signup bonus, and sign up for a "specialty platinum" later and get that bonus later as well, but I can't do it vice versa?

The worst part is I just checked the status online and found out I got approved and I can't even really be happy because I think I just left $600-$1,000 on the table lol.

(also stupid question. I'm assuming this card is metal as well?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.