Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5x points and FHR?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2019, 1:35 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by cfischer
benis: yes .... points/nights: No
Wait, so no night credit for prepaid FHR bookings with Marriott? That's different than the Hyatt treatment reported by TPG.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gengar
Wait, so no night credit for prepaid FHR bookings with Marriott? That's different than the Hyatt treatment reported by TPG.
I think TPG reported that too (that Marriott does not receive night credit vs Hyatt)
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by SP03
I think TPG reported that too (that Marriott does not receive night credit vs Hyatt)
I did some digging around - it appears that the TPG consensus is that Marriott is hit or miss and most likely miss, based on reader feedback and reports from the comment sections of past articles regarding the prepaid 5x FHR reservations. TPG also passes on reports of loyalty numbers not sticking, or Marriott claiming the bookings came from expedia and therefore not being eligible. Some comments mentioned not getting points/benefits even under SPG, which contradicts my earlier (secondhand) data point, although it may have been hit or miss under SPG too.

It's mentioned on TPG here that while Hyatt and Hilton prepaid 5x FHR reservations show up as future bookings on the respective websites, those for Marriott do not, so there's clearly a difference in how they handle it.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Another data point for Hyatt - Booked the Beekman through FHR, 5x Amex points and Hyatt Globalist recognition/points. Have a Waldorf Astoria stay coming up but that also looks good - it is showing up as an upcoming reservation on my Hilton app

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.