Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Let it go. Timing is not a problem.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by BugsyPal
On the good news front you've not heard from Hertz either, so there is that to consider.
Well, there’s no reason for Hertz to contact me, considering they already have my money

Originally Posted by BugsyPal
At this point once AMEX is involved only thing to "worry" about is if they come back with a denial or some other reason for not paying the claim. That hasn't happened so I'd just have a happy Thanksgiving holiday and wait until AMEX reaches out to you with a follow-up.
That is what I’ll do. I don’t think there is any reason for a denial. Thanks again.

Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
in the same boat as OP.
Rented a SUV in Namibia and Hertz sent me a bill over $1000 for damage.
Raised a claim with Amex, and they still have not heard back from Hertz. Hope it turns in my favor.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 12:27 pm

Well timed on the dredge-up of this thread. The 45 days for my claim passed with no update from Amex. I called them yesterday to find out what the heck was going on: as I assumed would happen, Hertz never provided the paperwork to Amex. As I did NOT assume, Amex basically would not have done a thing if I hadn’t called about it. So I have disputed the charge with Amex, which is another whole process for which the 6-8 week resolution clock starts now.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by travelmad478
Well timed on the dredge-up of this thread. The 45 days for my claim passed with no update from Amex. I called them yesterday to find out what the heck was going on: as I assumed would happen, Hertz never provided the paperwork to Amex. As I did NOT assume, Amex basically would not have done a thing if I hadn’t called about it. So I have disputed the charge with Amex, which is another whole process for which the 6-8 week resolution clock starts now.
Good to know! A logical person would assume that the claim would be closed with '$0 due' and your money would be automatically refunded. Thanks for the heads up, although sorry you have to go through that b.s.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:13 pm

For future reference, because I have to rent cars a lot these days in a place with terrible roads (New Orleans) and I can foresee a situation like this coming up again, is it possible to tell Hertz (or any car rental company) to bill me later for this sort of damage rather than having them charge me right away when I return the car? I didn’t even ask for that when this happened, but obviously that would make Hertz much more attentive to providing documentation for insurance claims.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:21 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by travelmad478
.... (New Orleans)....
Assuming your card is issued in the USA, and that you have personal auto insurance, and that you are not buying the extra cost Premium CDW product, the American Express coverage will be secondary to your own insurance.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Assuming your card is issued in the USA, and that you have personal auto insurance, and that you are not buying the extra cost Premium CDW product, the American Express coverage will be secondary to your own insurance.
All of that is true. However my own insurance policy’s deductible is higher than the $185 I was billed for this damage, so Amex should be covering it.
mia likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.