Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Changes to American Express Business Platinum in Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to American Express Business Platinum in Canada

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by theranj
I can write off the Business version fee as I use it solely for business, Personal version not so much...
I discussed this with the CRA, and even if you use this card solely for business, the CRA does not believe this is a valid expense. It would ultimately be up to them in a formal audit but a supervisor disagreed with AMEX that one should be able to write it off. (I showed him AMEX's footnotes)
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Well, this is unfortunate. The bus-plat card has always been a points cow for me, so this is $100 more for no benefits at all. Sucks.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Well, this is unfortunate. The bus-plat card has always been a points cow for me, so this is $100 more for no benefits at all. Sucks.
$100 more for a better Priority Pass subscription which entitles you and a guest to an unlimited # of entries.

So while there is no net benefit for you, this aligns the offering to the $499 Personal Plat card (since everyone uses the $200 credit anyways).
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Nim, you don't need the free Priority Pass lounge access due to all your First and Biz class flights. However, not everyone grazes in the same luxurious pastures as you do. :razz:

But for now, the Biz Plat still has the rich 25K referring punches, which makes it a better card to have over the Personal Plat which only clocks in at 15K per. Truly hoping that we don't see a reduction in the Biz Plat's "Friendly Benefits", come March 22.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Nim, you don't need the free Priority Pass lounge access due to all your First and Biz class flights. However, not everyone grazes in the same luxurious pastures as you do. :razz:

But for now, the Biz Plat still has the rich 25K referring punches, which makes it a better card to have over the Personal Plat which only clocks in at 15K per. Truly hoping that we don't see a reduction in the Biz Plat's "Friendly Benefits", come March 22.
I know, I know, I complain to deaf ears. But I’d still have wished they’d given like a couple days’ notice, lol. I would’ve picked up a few cards with the old benefits.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
$100 more for a better Priority Pass subscription which entitles you and a guest to an unlimited # of entries.

So while there is no net benefit for you, this aligns the offering to the $499 Personal Plat card (since everyone uses the $200 credit anyways).
Indeed. After this "upgrade" my current Amex Biz Plat (@399) will now provide free lounge access to all 3 airports I'm transferring through this summer.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JJonahJ

Yes and no. I don't go to several airline lounges that I am also entitled to flying J or F, because the Premium Plaza lounges typically are better. Case in point, the SIN SQ J lounge was < DNATA lounge for temperature reasons. The AC LHR T4 MLL < PPL lounge, shower wise. Just because one flies premium cabins doesn't necessarily mean the PPL membership is useless. I seldom access airline lounges unless I am flying F.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:57 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
So I gout my PP yesterday, but it was still under the "old" benefit, so I called AMEX and they processed by application and and send it to PP. So no need to do anything from my side anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.